MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
maxgs

Member Garage

Report on Haga...

The following is from Ducati...

At 5 pm. this afternoon Ducati Xerox rider Noriyuki Haga underwent successful surgery at the Derby City Hospital. Having fractured the ulna in his right arm in yesterday's crash at Donington Park, Noriyuki today had a plate and screws inserted to set the bone. The surgical team deemed the surgery a success and there were no unforeseen complications.

Prior to the operation, medical staff took a closer look at his right shoulder blade and an Xay unfortunately confirmed that he has multiple fractures to his left scapula. The scapula will not necessitate surgical intervention and the bone should knit itself back together in time; this complication should not prolong Noriyuki's recovery time. The Japanese rider should be discharged from hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) and he and his family will fly back to Italy so that Noriyuki can begin the necessary physiotherapy treatment.

The Ducati Xerox rider will not participate in the next tests at Imola but it is foreseen that he will compete in the next round at Brno.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where'd Haga go?? Grinchy Taking it to the Track 0 05-07-2012 09:20 PM
Spies or Haga?? Grinchy Taking it to the Track 61 10-21-2009 09:38 AM
Ben has sushi with haga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grinchy Taking it to the Track 4 06-05-2009 10:28 AM
Spies to replace Haga???? tarosean Taking it to the Track 36 09-28-2008 08:39 AM
HAHAHAHAHA AT HAGA! FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 05-14-2007 06:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Sounds like good news considering they were originally concerned about a fractured vert
Old 06-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #3
ZR1
This is the life

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
KX 450F
BMC TM01
waiting...

Wow, Spies is circling like a shark w blood in the water for sure now. Let's see if that Yamadawg can stay together for him for the rest of the year.
Imagine a third spot open on Factory Ducati (Spies Ducati), or even a privateer Duc. Wouldn't be as much fun to watch... that's for sure.
Haga's a fighter, should be interesting but I dont see anyone beating spies w out being 100% healthy and ready themselves.
ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

or spies could go back to Suzuki and get a ride in moto gp.....only time will tell!

www.TRACK-JUNKIE.com
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
I honestly thought it was going to be worse, so this is kinda decent news.

Hagas the man! Get well buddy
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
or spies could go back to Suzuki and get a ride in moto gp.....only time will tell!
As much as I'd like to see him reunite with 'Zook, they just don't have the bike to win on IMHO. If they do get back together for a MotoGP ride, I hope 'Zook can develop a winning bike to compete with the Yamaha and Honda.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
As much as I'd like to see him reunite with 'Zook, they just don't have the bike to win on IMHO. If they do get back together for a MotoGP ride, I hope 'Zook can develop a winning bike to compete with the Yamaha and Honda.
I concur for the most part. Ben has always had the good fortune to ride the best bike in the paddock as a pro, and with the Yamaha, he's staying that course. The Suzuki GP bike has shown that it can reach the podium a time or two in the recent past, but it's not a serious day-in and day-out winner. Ben could make it look better, but his work would be cut out for him. His best option might be to have Yamaha offer him a seat for 2011, forming Team Texas (as was mentioned on Wind Tunnel on Sunday) with CEII. That would be fun to watch.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
If He did have the good fortune to be on the best bike as a pro, he would be on the Ducati. It is the superior bike with the rules setup. It is best on tires, makes the most power, handles the best. Look back at the results. YOu have half the top 10 usually ducati, and privateers are beating out factory kawi, susuki, honda, and yami. ( for the most part).

But if spies wants to go moto gp, its either got to be Yami, or Ducati.
He needs to test both bikes very well and see if he can adapt to the Duck. If he can go with it. Obviously Hayden cant, and see were thats leading him.
I hear what you're saying, but let's look at facts - on the Yosh Suzuki, between Mladin and himself, domination is too soft a word. They killed. Best riders, best bike. Cheating? Some say so, but they'll always be those that say that. In WSBK, now on Yamaha, he's killing again. You could speculate all day about what he would do on a Duc, but never riden a big-twin before, so who knows?

Remember, too, that I'm not brand specific -- I don't care what he rides.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

I am not convinced that the Ducati has a definite advantage. The pace of development in WSBK rivals that of MotoGP. Unfortunately for Ducati, there is not much they can change with regard to development but the in-lines are getting stronger every race.

Spies could very well be the anamoly but Sykes is running better. The Hondas have definitely figured something out, the Aprilia is getting better and better. Even the BMW is moving up the ranks.

Alas poor Suzuki and Kawasaki....

Spies will stay with Yamaha. They are allowing him to assemble his MotoGP crew as we type. One more year in WSBK, then Spies, House, and Wood will make the jump to MotoGP.

Edwards wants this to happen for he knows that Spies will not get Satellite equipment for his MotoGP effort. Thus, Edwards gets back on the top tier equipment too!

Haystrodomas has spoken!
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie H. View Post
I am not convinced that the Ducati has a definite advantage. The pace of development in WSBK rivals that of MotoGP. Unfortunately for Ducati, there is not much they can change with regard to development but the in-lines are getting stronger every race.

Spies could very well be the anamoly but Sykes is running better. The Hondas have definitely figured something out, the Aprilia is getting better and better. Even the BMW is moving up the ranks.

Alas poor Suzuki and Kawasaki....

Spies will stay with Yamaha. They are allowing him to assemble his MotoGP crew as we type. One more year in WSBK, then Spies, House, and Wood will make the jump to MotoGP.

Edwards wants this to happen for he knows that Spies will not get Satellite equipment for his MotoGP effort. Thus, Edwards gets back on the top tier equipment too!

Haystrodomas has spoken!
Ronnie said Haystrodomas!

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
n2racing

ronnie, and did yamaha consult with you? Just Kidding.
Peace, Kevin, call a sick old guy sometime.
n2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
mizpah
vé con dios

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Kaw ZR750S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN LADEN View Post
More competition in WSBK, IMO Makes for better racing.
mizpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
Wow, Spies is circling like a shark w blood in the water for sure now. Let's see if that Yamadawg can stay together for him for the rest of the year.
Imagine a third spot open on Factory Ducati (Spies Ducati), or even a privateer Duc. Wouldn't be as much fun to watch... that's for sure.
Haga's a fighter, should be interesting but I dont see anyone beating spies w out being 100% healthy and ready themselves.
You think for 1 second he'd give up a factory ride that he won a championship on to go to a privateer team and your smokin some really psychadelic maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn. Oh and the reason he's with Yamaha is he wants a factory ride in gp with them nobody in there right mind wants a ride on a duc gp bike they are taylored for stoner and stoner only.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator04 View Post
You think for 1 second he'd give up a factory ride that he won a championship on to go to a privateer team and your smokin some really psychadelic maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn. Oh and the reason he's with Yamaha is he wants a factory ride in gp with them nobody in there right mind wants a ride on a duc gp bike they are taylored for stoner and stoner only.
Dood, the bike is not taylored for stoner only, it just happens that he is the only one that can ride it. He was not with Ducati when the bike was being developed. Now, the new development is taylored kind of just for him, then i will say yes because no one else can give as much input as he does, this is to go fast on it.

Anyway, Ronnie made an interesting point. The rules say a rookie can't be on a factory team (hon, yam, duc), HOWEVER, the rule doesn't say the satellite team CAN'T have a factory bike. So, i think i am with Ronnie on this one, Ben one more year to dominate WSBK and then to GP with a Factory spec bike. Now if he only goes crazy and rides a Duc then man i will freaking wear his shirt all day long lol
Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Hope he gets better soon!

I want Spies to win the championship with Haga on the track!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I honestly thought it was going to be worse, so this is kinda decent news.

Hagas the man! Get well buddy
i agree

all these guys are fvckin troppers
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement