MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #101
Bobbarker20
Navy Vet

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSXR600

Member Garage

Park your car on the white line and and sport full leathers lol
: and crank the radio
Bobbarker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scooter antics NewsBot Racing News 0 02-06-2014 06:10 AM
Manziel creates controversy with antics in opener NewsBot Sports 0 09-02-2013 02:20 PM
wed. night antics klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 273 04-19-2009 12:57 PM
PP1 Anyone? Herf Events, Meets and Rides 0 12-11-2008 07:18 PM
PP1 voelfo General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 11-12-2005 12:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #102
Bobbarker20
Navy Vet

Bike(s):
GSXR600

Member Garage

Bobbarker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #103
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

PM me the new spot or jci i havent been to neither and i have been wanting to go
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #104
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

If they do not allow bikes at the Galleria Starbucks tonight go to the Jack in the Box at San Felipe and 610. We'll setup the route from there. JITB is open 24 hours and there is a Starbucks in the same shopping strip but it closes at 9.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #105
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
If they do not allow bikes at the Galleria Starbucks tonight go to the Jack in the Box at San Felipe and 610. We'll setup the route from there. JITB is open 24 hours and there is a Starbucks in the same shopping strip but it closes at 9.
Ill stop by PP1 tonight see what happenes then roll to JCI and see whats up there if nothing then ill head to Jack in crak..

Man I miss JCI is was the t!!! The good old days I used to go there evrytime and i didnt have a bike at the time i think i was in 7th grade!

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #106
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcon View Post
You should get 20 or so ppl to show up in 4-5 vehicles all in gear, and stand outside chatting, no bikes in sight. ha!
That's absolutely crazily hilarious. Too bad all talk and no do.... PICS or BAN

Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #107
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
That's absolutely crazily hilarious. Too bad all talk and no do.... PICS or BAN

Tire on the bike is flat right now, so I may be heading up there in the cage just to see what goes on...I'll bring the jacket just in case.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #108
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Exclamation tough medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Nope - sorry - its not private property. It is business property which is open to the public.

If you believe otherwise, by all means, open a business and forbid blacks, gays or women to enter. Better yet, try to get a business license without being ADA compliant.

One idiot does not give a business permission to exclude everyone who just kinda sorta looks like him.
I'm sorry - I think you're mixing up the facts here. Cops being called in to ask certain patrons to leave because they are 'disturbing the peace' or obstructing business or traffic, is not the same as discrimination of race or gender or anything else. Property owners or renters have the rights to develop a case to remove groups or individuals if they are causing a nuisance on the property. Failure to abide the instructions from a police officer is grounds for arrest on the spot.

Anyone or any group could cause a nuisance and can be removed - it's just the way it is. Hare Krishnas could be asked and forced to leave if they entered the store and started addressing the patrons directly... and it wouldn't be based on religion...

No one has ANY rights to be able to be on any private property - because it's open to the public doesn't make it a right to be there...

so if idiot on bikers get together and cause problems, are hit the rev-limiters, and block traffic, or scare away other people, or whatever, they ruin for the others (Thanks y'all).

Best bet is to not be where idiots hang out - pretty simple. And when they screw up a place - just go somewhere else. But I really don't suggest thinking that cops don't have the legal rights to remove you for any reason at all.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #109
xrcrx
Immortal

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

They can do anything they want, no doubt. It takes a judge to reverse their decision. that said. if i roll up on my bike, that does not make me part of a "group". I find the "mass" approach to be lazy and disturbing on the part of the cops-identify and remove the idiots. If I park , purchase a drink and take a seat then I am a proper patron. That is like painting all Harley riders as Hells Angels. Or all sports car owners as street racers. I do not hang at pp1 but the overall approach to the problem is wrong IMO.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #110
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
All the douche bags revving their motors and banging them off the rev limiter fucked it up for everybody. Idiots.
too bad its not easier to remove the limiter...

that would be natural selection at work...

they don't need to reproduce anyway....

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #111
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Just got back from there. I rode instead of caging it since I met FlipSideUp and others for dinner before hand. We rode over to PP1 around 8:45 and all was cool. There were about 20 bikes or so and everyone was chilling. As more bikes started to show up the jackholes arriving around 10 started revving their bikes and being dicks even when the security guards were telling them not to rev in the parking lot. So we said, F this scene and bailed.
Too bad some tbirds have to ruin a good scene.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #112
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2017 Kawasaki Z125

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
Just got back from there. I rode instead of caging it since I met FlipSideUp and others for dinner before hand. We rode over to PP1 around 8:45 and all was cool. There were about 20 bikes or so and everyone was chilling. As more bikes started to show up the jackholes arriving around 10 started revving their bikes and being dicks even when the security guards were telling them not to rev in the parking lot. So we said, F this scene and bailed.
Too bad some tbirds have to ruin a good scene.
That's cool that there were riders out there tonight.
I wonder what the deal is with the enforcement then?
It sucks when a few rotten apples spoil a bunch.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #113
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
That's cool that there were riders out there tonight.
I wonder what the deal is with the enforcement then?
It sucks when a few rotten apples spoil a bunch.
One schmuck, as he was leaving, started bouncing off his rev limiter as he passed a security guard standing by the Container Store. The SG yelled out "Hey...Hey!!" and as he started walking (almost chasing) towards him, the rider took off. I was thinking to myself "What a f'in idiot (the rider)."

Next thing I see is another rent-a-cop (the one that's usually there week after week) was running down the driveway in front of Starbuck's, with his camera phone out and in front of him. As he was running, all the while looking at his camera phone, he yelled out "That's OK. I got a pic of him. I got his license plate number." I found it amusing because he was over 100 feet away, and it was already dark. How the can he get a camera phone pic in those conditions?!! Watching morons policing morons... That was my entertainment for the evening.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #114
Raven_R1
Welcome to the Dark Side

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 Raven R1

Send a message via ICQ to Raven_R1 Send a message via AIM to Raven_R1 Send a message via MSN to Raven_R1 Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_R1 Send a message via Skype™ to Raven_R1
PP1 is gone for now. If the people I normally chat with find another spot let me know. You know I dont bounce off the rev limiter because too much black smoke comes out lol.
Raven_R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #115
shutterflypro
Live Hard Die Free

Bike(s):
2006 Ninja 636
2007 Ninja 500R

A Sheriff told me this one cold hard fact: "You may beat the wrap, but you will not beat the car ride."

For a rough translation for anyone that may not understand this saying.

"If the police officer removes you from the property via handcuffs and his car, your bike will be towed, you will spend time in jail and be thouroughly inconvienanced for serveral hours if not days. That will happen even if the judge dismisses the charges as being wrong. You will lose"

To the cops it is just a game, they will still go home to thier beds at the end of thier shift.
shutterflypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:51 PM   #116
JBIRD5363

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

So where is this katy pp at?
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #117
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
whoa wait a second youre telling me that Starbucks got sick of all the sport bikes wheelings and revving up and parking in handicapped spots. The biker and his girlfriend who were fighting with a customer in the parking lot because he parked too close to another bikers spot and then spit a huge loogie in his face and called him a dirty muslim. The large amount of people taking up parking spots all night without purchasing anything. The cruisers who come up and stand in the main thoroughfare and rev up their bikes at ear splitting levels for 3 minutes before they leave. The people who go wrong way on the sidewalk through traffic to cut through a office building to save 2 minutes. The whistling and sexually crude comments bikers yell at the cute women customers who walk into starbucks. You mean they dont appreciate the general chaos of hundreds of bikers coming in and out their parking lot at irresponsible speeds.

I"M SHOCKED! Starbucks is discriminating against bikers. This is egregious and should be reported to the ACLU.

Even though you and I are guilty of a couple of these your right on the money, Im gonna geuss the earsplitting revs and wheelies are what ended it thought.
scott
Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #118
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

isnt there another 100+ Starbucks in this shithole town?
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #119
BoostJunky

yea im prolly gonna avoid PP1 for a while there was drama when i was there on Saturday
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #120
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
Why not make JCI the spot again?

I would be down for that.... I loved the old JCI days....best bike meets in the city and they happened EVERY sat night....

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement