MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

free heroin

http://tinyurl.com/bao3r

i think it's a good idea
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heroin addiction's new face NewsBot Health 0 08-12-2015 08:00 AM
Heroin Overdose RojerLockless Off Topic 14 08-29-2011 09:56 AM
Heroin ring busted Azylum Off Topic 16 01-26-2009 11:11 AM
I kicked heroin & you could too! Mala Lingua Off Topic 25 07-20-2008 02:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Your kidding right?
Let see, let's give hardcore users free Heroin, let's make it available to everyone.

"Heroin is not a harmful drug"
WTF? Sounds like he's been partaking of it himself.

Years back a girl and guy I was friends with got hooked on heroin.
Both came from well to do families with TONs of disposable incomes, so getting money to supply their habit was not a problem.
The drug DESTROYED both of them. Eventually causing one to commit suicide, the other, now clean, is but a shadow of her former self.

For someone to claim that heroin is a "safe" drug is unconscienable.
For anyone to believe that is naive.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

"Heroin, if it's used on a maintenance basis, in pharmacological doses without any risk of overdose or contamination, is actually a very safe drug. About the only side effects that you find in the literature, other than addiction, are chronic constipation, diminution of drive, a very dry mouth, which can result in poor oral hygiene."

:eh: Gee, even those side effects don't sound too good.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

BTW a very good friend of mine and his wife totally screwed up their lives with meth and heroin. It's a sad thing to see-both have aged nearly 20 years in appearance, teeth are gone, and they weigh less than the Olson twins...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

dayum

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:40 AM   #6
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

I as well have 2 old friends that have completly destroyed there lives mariage and totaly up there kids life using herion and meth... I have absolutly no respect for them or anybody elce that do things like this....

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Your kidding right?
Let see, let's give hardcore users free Heroin, let's make it available to everyone.

"Heroin is not a harmful drug"
WTF? Sounds like he's been partaking of it himself.

Years back a girl and guy I was friends with got hooked on heroin.
Both came from well to do families with TONs of disposable incomes, so getting money to supply their habit was not a problem.
The drug DESTROYED both of them. Eventually causing one to commit suicide, the other, now clean, is but a shadow of her former self.

For someone to claim that heroin is a "safe" drug is unconscienable.
For anyone to believe that is naive.'
Patrick
maybe you should reread the article again. make it available to everyone? that's ridiculous and you know it and you know that's nowhere close to what they are doing. the article had a VERY limited scope for only hardcore drug addicts meeting a stringent array of criteria. it's not saying "hey let's all go do heroin because there's no consequences and it's 100% safe and fun", it's saying that maybe if you give these addicts heroin, monitor them, etc. it will help them lead SOMEWHAT productive lives again. would you rather them all running around stealing and spreading disease through prostitution to get their fix or give them the heroin that they are going to get anyways and let them get back on with their miserable life. they would also be up Heroin dealers, did you think about that? or would you rather them continue to get rich off of these people's self induced suffering. and heroin IS pretty much safe if done in a moderate dose. safe in this context means it doesn't harm any vital organs. what's not safe about it is that it is probably the most addictive drug there is, it's expensive and you will be poor soon, and it's easy to OD due to varying degrees of purity/potency.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Lafonda McNasty

Send a message via AIM to Lafonda McNasty
I think what they are getting at is that the combination of both the overdosing and the constant strugle to get the illegal drug is bringing them down. Although I dont agree with giving away free heroin, I can see why they want to do the study. Maybe if the users didnt have to worry about finding and financing their habit all the time, they could focus on more productive things.
Lafonda McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #9
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
I'd sign up, as long as i don't have to shoot it up. Heroin isn't something i've done before but i like to make my own opinion about it rather then just assume it's bad cause everybody tells me.

btw i'm not a crack head looking for free drugs.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #10
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBuku
I'd sign up, as long as i don't have to shoot it up. Heroin isn't something i've done before but i like to make my own opinion about it rather then just assume it's bad cause everybody tells me.

btw i'm not a crack head looking for free drugs.
lol. you have to have been an addict for a long time. they aren't just handing it out to anyone who wants it, though patrick seems to think they should.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #11
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Reminds me of that scene with Chris Rock playing Pookey in New Jack City.
"It just keep calling me, and calling me." You won't understand the humor if you haven't seen the movie.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #12
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
they aren't just handing it out to anyone who wants it, though patrick seems to think they should.
No I don't think they should, but I think if society "enables" or "accepts" heroin use it then becomes more prevalent. Look at the current trend in Hollywood involving young actors and heroin.

Quote:
NAOMI needs 157 participants in each city. Nearly a year into recruitment, only 85 have signed up and met the criteria for participation, which critics say is too strict.
It's a steping stone away, give drugs to "hardcore" users, but gee, we can't find enough of those so we have to lower the standards.

Alice,
I don't know you, or anything about your life experiences, but from your replies they seem rather limited in scope.
Have you ever been around heroin addicts? Do you personally know any? Can someone truly recreationally use heroin?
So who pays for the free heroin? Where is it purchased?
Who controls / decides who gets in the program?

There's already a program to help heroin users cope with their addiction, it called a methadone program, most major cities have one and they aren't really icons of success. Or are you familiar with that program?

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #13
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

just read the article... crazy idea (imho)...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
No I don't think they should, but I think if society "enables" or "accepts" heroin use it then becomes more prevalent. Look at the current trend in Hollywood involving young actors and heroin.

It's a steping stone away, give drugs to "hardcore" users, but gee, we can't find enough of those so we have to lower the standards.

Alice,
I don't know you, or anything about your life experiences, but from your replies they seem rather limited in scope.
Have you ever been around heroin addicts? Do you personally know any? Can someone truly recreationally use heroin?
So who pays for the free heroin? Where is it purchased?
Who controls / decides who gets in the program?

There's already a program to help heroin users cope with their addiction, it called a methadone program, most major cities have one and they aren't really icons of success. Or are you familiar with that program?

Patrick
Limited in scope? Are you saying I don't have enough life experience to know what I'm talking about? You might be right. Have I been around heroin addicts? I went to rehab the day after I turned 18, in Sunnyside, near Southpark, for 90 days. There was a wide range of addicts. None of them were currently struggling with heroin that I knew of, but I don't think it matters. Either way, I've been around drugs enough to know a little about them. As for who pays for distributing/manufacturing heroin, if you could get the bureaucratic/pharmaceutical cut out, heroin would probably cost 1$ a gram to manufacture... -arrested development finale on-later
Old 02-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
ratmzapa

Member Garage

heroin is actually used in morphine and a few other medical products...what does it do when you take it?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Alice,
It's very commendable that you got help for your problem. I would think that because of your experience you would realize that staying on drugs is not a solution to the problem.
Methadone programs for addicts are designed to enable them to live more productive lives, as there is no "high" as with heroin and it eliminates the withdrawals caused by heroin. So the user would than be able to actually be able to be productive, versus someone in a heroin induced fog.
IMO by suppying heroin to an addict you aren't enabling him to do much more than get "high" on the dole.
The money for the proposed program would be much better spent on genuine rehab (read methadone / alternative treatment clinics) with actual qualified staff and halfway houses, as well as education and preventative measures.

BTW, anyone curious about heroin or it's effects should check out here:
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/heroin.html

They are actually quite unbiased and scientific about the whole thing.

Patrick

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090

Last edited by Patrick; 02-10-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Just so you all know...

Heroin is for rookies. Freebase is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #19
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i'm not sure if heroin IS the solution, but I think it's worth doing a study. a hardcore user probably has enough tolerance built up already that a dose of heroin isn't going to knock em out, but I don't know. As for methadone, people abuse and OD in high numbers with that too, so it does get you "high", just doesn't get the hardcore heroin users high, which heroin might not either, hence the study. i think i remember reading somewhere that they already do something like this in Sweden or Switzerland, where they just give the junkie his fix and send him on his way.
i understand that it's definitely better if the user just quit altogether, but heroin is an extremely addictive drug, mentally as well as physically, from what i've read. even crack, meth, etc. aren't physically addictive like heroin is. you can lock someone up and have them withdrawl, but that mental addiction will bring them right back to it. i don't know, it's a sticky situation, but i think there needs to be some open mindedness to alternate methods of dealing with it. you see a lot more open mindedness to different issues in countries like canada, sweden, switzerland, etc. and they seem to do pretty well, but who knows

oh and another (probably better) link for heroin http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin.shtml
Old 02-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

AJ, morphine will numb pain, and kinda feels like you're getting a little highI had a chance to test it's magic last year, and let me tell you, that works when you're on great pain.

On the downside, you won't be able to take a as long you're using it. It shuts the sewage system down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement