MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW K1200R - Carbon Fiber mod

Multiple Riders Down - Beltway 8 N

Did anyone happen to see the debris field on Beltway 8 / Imperial Blvd tonight?

3 Bikes down, 1 seriously injured.

I was on scene. Group of Sport bikes swarmed around me. Immediately I got pelted with what I thought was gravel on my helmet and windscreen. Next thing I saw was a fishtailing light ahead. Then sparks.

The aftermath... well, I will detail more later, but the guy in the picture was seriously hurt. I hope the absolute best for him. Out of about 7 or 8 bikes however, only 2 others remained at the crash scene. I found this very strange.

Video from Blackberry:
http://yourvillageidiot.com/crash/
"His brother in law's bachelor party is where the best friend hired midget strippers. But wait, it gets better... The midget strippers came out dancing wearing chip and dip sombreros on their heads. So it wasn't just exploitation, but useful objectification as well."
97Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2-vehicle crash shuts down multiple lanes on SH-288 southbound at Beltway 8 NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 06-10-2015 05:10 PM
MCSS Riders Take Multiple Podiums NewsBot Industry News 0 01-06-2015 07:20 PM
Multiple riders down hwy 6 near TWS (Texas World Speedway) Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 10-23-2011 08:41 PM
Multiple Riders down Galveston morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-22-2009 12:08 PM
BMW Riders/Honda Riders/Kawasaki Riders...read on BlackWidow General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 04-24-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

wow...
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
maxgs

Member Garage

Notice how the tennis shoe came off. Hope this guy is ok.

What time did this happen?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post

Yeah... I ran over his shoe ironically coming through the debris field. Crash occurred approx 10:20 PM Wednesday night.
We eventually had the entire eastbound side of Beltway shutdown as soon as police and EMT's began to organize. Later on, after EMT's cut his jacket off, his arm (bicep) was missing an entire chuck of meat. His jacket was leather... dont know what would have caused that.

His jeans were shredded. Significant road rash on toes, feet, leg, thigh, knees. His helmet saved his life that I am certain of. Speeds.... well in was in excess of 120. He is lucky to have made it. Seeing this unfold before my eyes will unfortunately stay with me for a LONG time to come. Some good, and some bad things as a result, but it will make me a more cautious (slower) rider. That I am certain.
"His brother in law's bachelor party is where the best friend hired midget strippers. But wait, it gets better... The midget strippers came out dancing wearing chip and dip sombreros on their heads. So it wasn't just exploitation, but useful objectification as well."
Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Quote:

+1

and jeans

good thing he had a jacket and lid on
Just read a post ^^^^ ICON jacket? Maybe

I hear of alot of wrecks happening on Weds and Sundays....

Last edited by gsxrjai; 02-19-2009 at 12:53 AM.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Octane View Post
Yeah... I ran over his shoe ironically coming through the debris field. Crash occurred approx 10:20 PM Wednesday night.
We eventually had the entire eastbound side of Beltway shutdown as soon as police and EMT's began to organize. Later on, after EMT's cut his jacket off, his arm (bicep) was missing an entire chuck of meat. His jacket was leather... dont know what would have caused that.

His jeans were shredded. Significant road rash on toes, feet, leg, thigh, knees. His helmet saved his life that I am certain of. Speeds.... well in was in excess of 120. He is lucky to have made it. Seeing this unfold before my eyes will unfortunately stay with me for a LONG time to come. Some good, and some bad things as a result, but it will make me a more cautious (slower) rider. That I am certain.
Were you riding too?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Were you riding too?
I wasnt with the group no. But I was on my bike.

I saw them coming from my mirrors.... they swarmed around me filtering though traffic. I admit, I clicked down one and rolled on as they passed, but it happened right in front of me. Strange thing was.... I wasnt a part of this group, and yet there were at least another 5 bikes that split before the police arrived. I was the one talking to this guy, asking his name, trying to keep him calm. He was going into shock... but thankfully an off-Duty EMT arrived before the ambulance to take over. I was just trying to keep him still and not move. *Besides getting a quick photo. I would want someone to grab a camera if it were me. Make sure Im ok first... then snap away.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #8
maxgs

Member Garage

Was the guy in the white jacket riding a ducati?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #9
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Was the guy in the white jacket riding a ducati?
Dont recall a duc on scene.

ICON jacket is correct.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
andre3k
I see dead people...

tennis shoes are the first to go in a bike wreck.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:

I saw them coming from my mirrors.... they swarmed around me filtering though traffic. I admit, I clicked down one and rolled on as they passed, but it happened right in front of me. Strange thing was.... I wasnt a part of this group, and yet there were at least another 5 bikes that split before the police arrived. I was the one talking to this guy, asking his name, trying to keep him calm. He was going into shock... but thankfully an off-Duty EMT arrived before the ambulance to take over. I was just trying to keep him still and not move. *Besides getting a quick photo. I would want someone to grab a camera if it were me. Make sure Im ok first... then snap away.
Did you actually see what happened?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Quote:

Strange thing was.... I wasnt a part of this group, and yet there were at least another 5 bikes that split before the police arrived. I was the one talking to this guy, asking his name, trying to keep him calm. He was going into shock... I was just trying to keep him still and not move. *Besides getting a quick photo.

Its hard to find "friends" like that these days...
You were the good sermaratin people like you are a dime a dozen

But for real that was very very honorable of you to stay and help
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:07 AM   #13
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #14
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

I was on 59S about at about 10:10 tonight and I'd bet it was them who passed me on both sides doing 120+. I remember wondering if they'd live through it.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #15
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Did you actually see what happened?
I honestly did not see what exactly what happened. I speculate (Scientific Wild Guess) that his hole in traffic closed up on him, and he had too much brake.

I did see fishtailing... small, very fast fluttering side to side... only to grow quickly into a tank slapper. Once I saw sparks.... I was checking my 6, and all around me of where I was to go. I have ABS on my scoot, its not my braking power that scares me... its everyone behind me. He did kiss the concrete wall and bounced off. That was witnessed by others as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #16
mr_Lee
the power of dreams.

Bike(s):
08' 600rr

Send a message via AIM to mr_Lee
edit- nvm just re-read.

wow hope this guy is ok. not too smart to be doing 120 in mild traffic.

Last edited by mr_Lee; 02-19-2009 at 01:15 AM.
mr_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
97Octane
Defining Mediocrity...

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Lee View Post
Was the group somewhat large?
Thats relative init?

I'd say about 8 bikes I suppose. Thats also a SWAG
Old 02-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #18
mr_Lee
the power of dreams.

Bike(s):
08' 600rr

Send a message via AIM to mr_Lee
Quote:
Thats relative init?

I'd say about 8 bikes I suppose. Thats also a SWAG
well I had asked cause I thought it may have been a group of bikes that my buddy was with, but negative on that.
mr_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #19
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2017 Kawasaki Z125

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Notice how the tennis shoe came off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
tennis shoes are the first to go in a bike wreck.
EXACTLY! WEAR BOOTS PEOPLE!! Not saying they will save your life, but even in the smallest accidents they go a long way. . . I wear mine EVERYTIME I ride (unless I'm riding in the neighborhood warming up my chain for lube )

Anyways, what happened was unfortunate. I'm really curious what caused the injury on his arm. I wish the rider the best Were not all perfect but lets try to be safe out there people. .
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #20
onekoop

Bike(s):
06'gsxr

Send a message via AIM to onekoop
hope he makes it out okay
onekoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement