MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
not if u crash the thing. can u afford to replace a Bimota ? use ur noggin Tom. " if i cant afford to buy it, then i dont need to ride it " has been my motto for the past 10 years i learned my lesson back in 1997 when i rode Mototek's factory Aprilia 250GP bike and it seized on me going into turn 1 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) i had a severe concussion with black-out spells that lasted a week & their bike was completely thrashed. they had to split the cases to get all the mud and gravel out. think of all the variables before u jump on an opportunity like that Tom. i cant even begin to think of how many times i almost crashed on other peoples stuff because of their neglegence or because another rider on the track crashed right in front of me, almost taking me out. can u afford to buy a Bimota because of someone else's stupidy or lack of skill ?
sounds expensive, did they come after you for some $$$$$ ??

PS next time pull the clutch in bro
and you gotta know I'm messing with that comment ha ha
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP - Moto2: Ray handed Moto2 wildcard at British GP NewsBot Racing News 0 07-16-2015 01:00 PM
MotoGP - Moto2: Zarco eases away for first class win NewsBot Racing News 0 04-19-2015 03:40 PM
cbr 600 build cbr600f Performance and Modifications 3 06-09-2014 02:14 PM
06 gsxr 600 build in 2 days. albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-04-2013 08:38 PM
Moto2 class to open in 2010 with single engine supplier Mr Richards Taking it to the Track 11 04-12-2009 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
HERE'S THE first pics of the BDR Honda MotoGP2 prototype bike, just been launched by the team in Madrid.

Details are sketchy about the final bike at the moment, but we understand it's a tweaked 600cc proddie motor with a tiny, prototype frame around it.

Which raises the question; apart from a bit of frame work, how is this different to the World Supersport machines?

Because unless it is different, there's going to be one of a legal fight between the two championships...

Motor: Four cylinder in line 4-stroke, 16 valve DOHC liquid cooled
Origin: Honda
Piston displacement: 599cc
Diameter by race: 67 xs 42.5 mm
Maximum power: 140 CB
Carburetion: electronic injection PGM-FI. Diameter of the butterfly: 40 mm.
Fuel tank: 22 litres
Clutch: mechanical
Transmission: six speeds
Frame: double aluminum beam
Dimensions: 1,990 X.500 x 1,000 mm
Angle of launching: 2255' (variable)
Advance: 95 mm (variable)
Height of the seat: 700 mm
Front bracket: Inverted Showa of 43 mm of diameter
Back suspension: Showa shock absorber of 55 mm of route
Rims: of forged magnesium
Advantage: 17 xs 3,75
Back: 17 xs 6
Front tire: Dunlop 125/80-17
Back tire: Dunlop 190/55-17
Front brake: Disc of 300 mm, tweezers of four pistons and radial anchorage Galfer
Back brake: Disc of 220 mm, clamp of two Galfer pistons
Weight in sequence of march: 137 kilos

137kg WOW
Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
sounds expensive, did they come after you for some $$$$$ ??

and you gotta know I'm messing with that comment ha ha
no. i had no $$$ to give. plus, the owner jetted the thing... so i didnt feel it was right for me to have to pay for the entire ordeal. needless to say the whole thing put a strain on our friendship

YES, i have raced GP bikes bro. i know about the clutch. but when ur screaming 140+ mph down that banking at TWS (Texas World Speedway). well lets just say my reaction time wasnt quite fast enough thanks for the tip, but im FULLY aware of that... this aint my first trip around the block

Last edited by jodyhudson; 02-04-2009 at 07:24 AM.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #24
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
no. i had no $$$ to give. plus, the owner jetted the thing... so i didnt feel it was right for me to have to pay for the entire ordeal. needless to say the whole thing put a strain on our friendship

YES, i have raced GP bikes bro. i know about the clutch. but when ur screaming 140+ mph down that banking at TWS (Texas World Speedway). well lets just say my reaction time wasnt quite fast enough thanks for the tip, but im FULLY aware of that... this aint my first rodeo
come on man say it Texas stylee
did you read the text in lemon under
Quote:

what was it you said the other day, oh yea, I knew you'd like that

pre-mix two strokes = where shutting the throttle is scarier than opening it

I can't imagine you on one of those and less on a 125, were you lighter back then??

same sort of thing happened to my bud back home,
was invited to test the British factory Kawasaki 600 bike.
they wanted to see him ride on well used tyres
highsided just after lunch going up the hill you see in the photo's,
did about 20k in damage we were later told, frame, sub-frame, wheels, forks, 2D Datalogging system and dash, exhaust system etc
they wouldn't let me take pics sadly
He was OK but hurt his back and nuts.
we stopped in a Burger King on the way home (approx 5 hours) and his back locked up, got stuck in his chair behind the table, had to carry him out to the car and over to hospital AE.
He didn't get the ride
Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:

137kg WOW
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #26
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
come on man say it Texas stylee
did you read the text in lemon under
what was it you said the other day, oh yea, I knew you'd like that

pre-mix two strokes = where shutting the throttle is scarier than opening it

I can't imagine you on one of those and less on a 125, were you lighter back then??

same sort of thing happened to my bud back home,
was invited to test the British factory Kawasaki 600 bike.
they wanted to see him ride on well used tyres
highsided just after lunch going up the hill you see in the photo's,
did about 20k in damage we were later told, frame, sub-frame, wheels, forks, 2D Datalogging system and dash, exhaust system etc
they wouldn't let me take pics sadly
He was OK but hurt his back and nuts.
we stopped in a Burger King on the way home (approx 5 hours) and his back locked up, got stuck in his chair behind the table, had to carry him out to the car and over to hospital AE.
He didn't get the ride

yes, when i rode GP machines i weighed 140. thats 25-30 lbs heavier than my competitors. so u can imagine how hard i had to ride the little things. i got real good at learning how to recover the front end after it tucks on ya its a long story how i went from I4's to 2-strokes and back to I4's... we will have to have lunch sumtime and swap stories. im always interested in stories from across the pond.
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
imagine riding that
Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #28
Grinchy

Member Garage

Quote:
yes, when i rode GP machines i weighed 140. thats 25-30 lbs heavier than my competitors. so u can imagine how hard i had to ride the little things. i got real good at learning how to recover the front end after it tucks on ya its a long story how i went from I4's to 2-strokes and back to I4's... we will have to have lunch sumtime and swap stories. im always interested in stories from across the pond.
I hear you

yup, lunch sounds good

Advertisement