MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
pelochas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

pro tek rear sets

pro tek rear sets...anyone have any reviews on them. im about to buy a used set in near new condition for $100 to install on my 04 636 because i already have a broken right rearset. is this a good deal?
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you think of these Rear sets? iDreaM General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 03-29-2012 07:11 PM
Pro Tek Rearsets tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-13-2009 10:49 AM
Rear Sets Jerran V General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 05-06-2008 09:47 AM
pro-tek Duck84 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-28-2007 03:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
AZ slide

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to AZ slide
they do not crash well
AZ slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Does anything crash well? I posted this same thread last month, from what people told me was they are ok for the price but not easy to get parts for, and when I called their customer service is less than par, but for 100 that's cheaper than oem so go for it.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
pelochas

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

crash well...knock on wood...the price is what concerns me but it seems a good deal. the new price is about $250. i was trying to just buy a new oem right rearset for $50. it was funny how i broke the rearset. coming to a stop one block from home, my jean pant got caught on the peg and down goes pelochas...doh.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

pro-tek levers snap real easy even when not stunting.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
AZ slide

Experience: 4 years

Send a message via AIM to AZ slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
Does anything crash well? I posted this same thread last month, from what people told me was they are ok for the price but not easy to get parts for, and when I called their customer service is less than par, but for 100 that's cheaper than oem so go for it.
most rear sets are billet aluminum , depending on the crash those hold up pretty good, Pro Tek stuff is really soft aluminum that just folds as soon as it hits the ground
AZ slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
crash well...knock on wood...the price is what concerns me but it seems a good deal. the new price is about $250. i was trying to just buy a new oem right rearset for $50. it was funny how i broke the rearset. coming to a stop one block from home, my jean pant got caught on the peg and down goes pelochas...doh.
Had a friend go down like that cept it was his shoe lace that got caught on the shifter, I watched him slowly fall over at a stop light it had to be the funniest thing ever witnessed. On topic did you break the peg or the rearset? If its just the peg it would probably be best to buy just the peg if you can.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
pelochas

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

the rearset broke one arm and the peg broke about an inch off. so right now its rigged and i can still brake ok but i want to take off this eventually. it been riding in this way for months now but spring is coming soon and i dont want any unexpected trouble.

I wanted to get someone to weld the arm back together and just buy another peg but i dont know if this metal can be fixed. So instead of spending $50 plus on one rearset, im willing to spend another $50 to get a pair of rearsets.

i had a laugh when i fell over, i probably looks like a big fat tree cut down and slowly leaning over and hitting the pavement...TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRR suks my jeans got ruined too
Old 01-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
haha best way to fall ever. i've had shoelaces loop around my shifter AND my brake before, bigtime panic moment but no falls. i still kick my feet out randomly to make sure i have at least one foot free coming to a stop sometimes.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
pelochas

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

i got the rear sets and they are nice and pretty new but if you can guess what come next...these rearsets dont fit the 04 bike. the guy who sold me the set said he had them on an 03 zx6r so obviously something is whack! i got the seller to respond, its not ebay, craigslist so its pretty much hope to get my cash back is pretty low. trying to check with pro tek what the rear set model is.

can someone tell me what the length is from point to point of the two bolt the rearset goes on the frame? the rear set i have is about 3 inches. i remember from last nite the rearset was about 1/4 inch off. i should of measure it last nite.