MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #21
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

... don't take it so personally bro...

all i meant by emerging is that screw artists are being signed by major recording labels - i.e., sony, etc., etc.,... which hasn't been occurring until about the last two years or so... before that it was primarily smaller recording studios/labels...

also keep in mind that you're kind of prooving my point... screw has been around for 10 years - the mtv article link even reinforces that... but here in houston, not everywhere else... and only recently is it getting international attention... elements of it are even being produced in new mainstream rap records - which is why i made the reference to dr dre...

i just disagree w/you b/c - when you look as record sales - they're still going up... but in the end, if you feel it's come and gone - np... it's all good...

again... just really wantin to point to the fact that a small studio here in h-town actually created a new sub genre of rap...

and wanted to call a little attention to that for those who may not have known that unlike yourself... that's all mang...

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 12-22-2005 at 07:48 AM.
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
don't you hate it when.... witchdoctor575 Off Topic 43 03-03-2013 07:56 AM
Hate the dentist? Dont click flip326 Off Topic 14 02-25-2012 08:01 AM
Don't you hate it when... exlaverda General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-16-2011 04:47 PM
Don't you hate it when... vmaxgirl Off Topic 25 05-21-2009 01:02 PM
Click this link....I don't car who you are voting for.... dbuck Off Topic 5 09-08-2008 04:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #22
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
If your ever looking for something in particular get with me sometime I have thousands of 12", 3 160G drives full of mp3's and books and books of CD's.

coolness!... thanks man!... i'm gonna take you up on that one - no doubt!... :notworthy
Old 12-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #23
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
omg... so you really think you have to be high then?... pls... you can't honestly believe that... but if you do - ok the hi thing is bs... pls don't perpetuate other people's stupidity...

read the article and you'll see that this has been going on since the early 90's... it started in a southside studio here in houston... which was my point...

houston has actually created a new genre of rap that is gaining in popularity... get it?... new orleans = jazz, seattle = grunge, london = house and now houston has somewhat of a claim to fame...

eh... i dunno... maybe i'm just looking at it from a musicians pov... i just thought it wasn't too bad that one little studio in south houston actually created a rap genre...

and while it's not what i typically listen too... you can't argue with increasing recording contracts & record sales...

but thanks for hating...
yay!!! our fame is freaking stupid rap...Lol im not a uge rap fan but its all good in my book.

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #24
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
All I wanna do......is jam screw
Old 12-22-2005, 09:15 AM   #25
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
yay!!! our fame is freaking stupid rap...Lol im not a uge rap fan but its all good in my book.
lol... sorry... :BangHead:
Old 12-22-2005, 10:40 AM   #26
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

i seen big mo in court one day

that fat mofuka was sweatin his off and he was just sittin down haha

i still dunno what he was doin there, he had a whole crew with him...in court lol

-city of syrup-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #27
DpWrath

Bike(s):
none looking

what really me off was that mike jones had a interview with BET or MTV dont remember and said he started the whole S&C here in TExas when i heard that i was like mike jones your a lier..everone who thinks that is stupid.DJ Screw started THE S&C he started it so get it straight and i think he died of an overdose on that Texas Tea,That Lean,Syrup, On that purple drank?lol it has so many names idk didnt get the full story been a while

Last edited by DpWrath; 12-22-2005 at 02:28 PM.
DpWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #28
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

HI JACK ON:
this is what porschito wears under his new girls jacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR RN
Can't stand screw...

What ever happened to these guys?
HI JACK OFF:

sorry henry, had to say it..

im not really into that type of music..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:23 AM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Aphex Twin Screwed, Try It!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:39 AM   #30
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
... don't take it so personally bro...

all i meant by emerging is that screw artists are being signed by major recording labels - i.e., sony, etc., etc.,... which hasn't been occurring until about the last two years or so... before that it was primarily smaller recording studios/labels...

also keep in mind that you're kind of prooving my point... screw has been around for 10 years - the mtv article link even reinforces that... but here in houston, not everywhere else... and only recently is it getting international attention... elements of it are even being produced in new mainstream rap records - which is why i made the reference to dr dre...

i just disagree w/you b/c - when you look as record sales - they're still going up... but in the end, if you feel it's come and gone - np... it's all good...

again... just really wantin to point to the fact that a small studio here in h-town actually created a new sub genre of rap...

and wanted to call a little attention to that for those who may not have known that unlike yourself... that's all mang...

well... just kinda wierd that it was sooo big when i was in middle school... but now i dont really hear anything about it these days... and all of a sudden its spreading like wild-fire to other states n ... its cool though, that were gettin recognition... i never realized we started it... just thought everone else listened to it in other states too... lol, no wonder i never heard dat on mtv.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:54 AM   #31
dokoliday
AWW SKEET SKEET SKEET!!!!

Bike(s):
05' Gixxer 600

Send a message via AIM to dokoliday Send a message via Yahoo to dokoliday
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
i must be wrong then.. i guess emerging means its old... and been around for a decade...
now all of a sudden the "old" people are realizing that us youngbucks been screwin, and choppin , and are like.. ahhh... i c an emerging trend
i remember the first time i heard dat ... was tupac screwed, i was in 6th grade in like '95-'96, and everyone was jammin dat shitz... when i went to florida for the summer in '98 ppl were jammin dat too!

i was thinking the same thing... lol

dokoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #32
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFmang
screwston tx... is where im from.. screw till i die.

x2
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement