MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #41
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
romeo said it right the first time, you always learn more by following faster guys. ide go to level 2, but, you need to have your instructor follow you and make a recommendation on whether you should go or not. man just ride at your own pace. if it hasnt been said in here enough then let me say it again. lol. ride at your own pace. i always looked at level 2 as the worst (if their is one) group to be in. because the way i look at it is level 2 is full of all the people who have big egos and dont want to start off in level one. so its just my theory that there will be more wrecks. just dont be one of those guys.

Last edited by hfa3g11; 09-17-2008 at 10:17 AM.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BORC Racing -please slow down guys grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 12-23-2012 08:25 PM
need info from you go fast guys THE DEAN OF LEAN Taking it to the Track 20 12-08-2008 06:28 PM
A question for the fast guys... bumblebee Taking it to the Track 30 07-13-2008 09:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #42
MANSON6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

I did about 4-5 level 1 trackdays, And then bumped up to level2 and did several of those also. When I got to level 4 I was having a blast, But had a nasty wreck on the street and got airlifted to the hospital. And when I was in level 4 I would really take it personally when I got passed, That was just my head playing games with me. Mind you I used to be really fast but after my third wreck I guess my head is playing games with me now and I don't get mad anymore about people passing me. When I was trying to keep up with all the fast guys I wasn't having fun anymore. So now I just chill out and ride my own ride, And don't take it personally now. I know there are guys who are really faster then me and I accept that, But I am not going out there to try and kill myself to try and keep up with them anymore.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #43
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6 View Post
, But I am not going out there to try and kill myself to try and keep up with them anymore.
Why not chase them suckers down? I mean you are going to be only 90 years at best anyway. Got to live it up.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #44
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6 View Post
I did about 4-5 level 1 trackdays, And then bumped up to level2 and did several of those also. When I got to level 4 I was having a blast, But had a nasty wreck on the street and got airlifted to the hospital. And when I was in level 4 I would really take it personally when I got passed, That was just my head playing games with me. Mind you I used to be really fast but after my third wreck I guess my head is playing games with me now and I don't get mad anymore about people passing me. When I was trying to keep up with all the fast guys I wasn't having fun anymore. So now I just chill out and ride my own ride, And don't take it personally now. I know there are guys who are really faster then me and I accept that, But I am not going out there to try and kill myself to try and keep up with them anymore.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #45
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by [poser] View Post
Would it be safe to to say this is more likely in level 1 than 2? And that same scenario almost pushed me into the dirt at wheelie hill my last track day
Not neccessarily. Depends on the day and what people are in the group.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Not neccessarily. Depends on the day and what people are in the group.
And how many tequilla shots they had in the paddock. Hose Quervo makes you swervo.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #47
[poser]
"the un-original"

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

Let me ask this, on a track you've never riden if you were considering trying level 2, would it be better to start in level 2 when the speeds are a little slower or start in level 1?
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #48
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Let me ask this, on a track you've never riden if you were considering trying level 2, would it be better to start in level 2 when the speeds are a little slower or start in level 1?
I think you're ready for Level 2. When I followed you a few times you looked fine. Can't speak for other orgs, but that's one reason RideSmart still does a round-robin session even for level 2. That way if you've done a few days at TWS (Texas World Speedway) let's say, then you hit up Cresson in level 2, you'll get a session to check out the track and learn the line...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #49
[poser]
"the un-original"

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
I think you're ready for Level 2. When I followed you a few times you looked fine. Can't speak for other orgs, but that's one reason RideSmart still does a round-robin session even for level 2. That way if you've done a few days at TWS (Texas World Speedway) let's say, then you hit up Cresson in level 2, you'll get a session to check out the track and learn the line...
cool thanks!
if things work out just right I'm going to hit MSRH and MSRC with you guys.
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #50
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

It's better to be the consistent guy!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #51
[poser]
"the un-original"

Bike(s):

not to toot my own horn but I have the consistant part down
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #52
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
I don't know about how Ride Smart does their levels, but if you sign up for "B" group instead of "C" group at LSTD, you can still do the round robin with the "C" group folks Especially if it's a track that's new to you.

You weren't ready for "B" group on the day I saw you, but I'm sure you are now.

Advertisement