MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #101
The Sooz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2008 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2005 Motobecane 300HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Ninja Go! View Post
I know ya have heard this. . .

Ever been fishing? Catch all the fish?

It's like saying it's not fair for you to get a DWI for driving drunk when you are only one of the hundreds out swerving the streets every weekend.....

Last edited by The Sooz; 09-04-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: I can't spell today
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad cop no donut HPD RACER X The Circus 10 12-09-2014 11:29 AM
Execution date set for HPD cop killer NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-17-2013 03:00 PM
city cop pulled over by state cop witchdoctor575 The Circus 32 10-31-2011 01:16 PM
HPD cop who beats up band at a club scrapp Off Topic 96 10-18-2006 12:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #102
Charliebrown

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr

No M endorsement, you deserve it, should have taken msf..
pay your ticket and get on with your life.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #103
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2008 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2005 Motobecane 300HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblade92 View Post
Alright, I'll restate......IN MY EXPERIENCE COPS HATE BIKERS

And I've read all the posts about the guy crying about how he got a ticket and wants a complete stranger to dismiss it. kthxbye
Being that there are quite a few LEOs on this forum, I beg to differ

Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #104
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoozieTTR View Post
Being that there are quite a few LEOs on this forum, I beg to differ

Differ all you want....I've already stated that "IN MY EXPERIENCE" If you have a different view, sweet. I'm stating what I've experienced. Cops profile, whether you want to admit or not, they do. If you wish to argue, go for it. All I'll state is the fact that I've driven around Houston doing 90 w/ one headlight and NO tailights past cops and didn't get pulled over....yet I get pulled over for no reason....other than to check my tags and run my license on my bike. Don't get pulled over in my truck for them to check tags and run my license. Just stating facts.
But it's ok...you all keep on Enjoy it
Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #105
pester
Banned

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #106
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

to the originator of the post get your "M" and they'll prolly dismiss, the speeding take a dd or go for defered and it disappears after 6 mos

Joy you fantasically sexy impetuous young woman, go fight it if you want and say that you were keeping up with traffic it may or may not work. I think the cop just targeted you cause you were on a sport bike(or would that be 400lb vibrator?)

Soozie, there are alot of police officers that "profile" sport bikes and will infact stop them and make up reasons after the fact(ask any cop and he will tell ya everyone does something that is ticketable every 5 minutes of driving, why else would we have the thread about the dodge charger stings that are going on where they ticket sport bike riders more than 20 minutes after they stopped riding and had something to eat as they were comming out of the restruant(sic))or stopping a whole group of them and just writing tickets to multiple people( 10 or more) for things like following too close

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #107
Old Wrench 997
Grumpy Old Mechanic

Bike(s):
1989 GL1500I FJ1100/GS750/CBX/VFR700F all in the past :(

To the OP: Man up! You screwed the pooch!

That said, I live up in East Texas (think Livingston) and if asked nicely I'd come drive the cop for someone trying to do it right!

Despite not having a bike (besides the '89 Wing) since '02 I keep my M thanks!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #108
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_The_Boss View Post
its the opposite...i couldnt get my class M without insurance
um what? sorry thats bull , no way u couldnt get m endorsment with out insurance

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #109
Old Wrench 997
Grumpy Old Mechanic

Bike(s):
1989 GL1500I FJ1100/GS750/CBX/VFR700F all in the past :(

I tried to edit to add this story but timed out. but I wish I had copied before trying to submit the edit!

Think back to UJMs. Kawa 1000s ans Suzi 750s. Buddy and I on the mentioned bikes were in Galveston. We stopped at a decent sit down eatery for lunch. We had with us gloves, jackets, helmets etc. When we left it took several minutes to suit up and ride away. Maybe ten minutes later we stopped at the corner of Seawall and 61st to pee. Two of Galveston's "Finest " Jack Booted thugs came into the bathroom, cuffed us and took us out and stuffed us in the back seat. Report (they said) was that these bikes were stolen from the eatery. STOLEN we ask? Then why did we carry our gear out, put it on and then use our KEYS to ride off?

They couldn't find anything to bust us for so after a bunch more blustering we finally got to ride off. I pretty much never went to Galveston again for several years.

Yep, some Cops HATE bikers!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #110
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
A few were my fault, speeding, no mirrors whatever. So all of a sudden cops started pulling me over for doing 90 on the freeway? I've driven a 100x more hours than I've riden and most of it was above the posted speeds...but all of a sudden cops cracking down? Don't feed me that horsesh!t. 95% of cops HATE bikers and will pull em over in a heartbeat.
Meanwhile in 23 years, Ive been stopped on a bike.. once. 65 in a 55 & defective tailight. Warning for the speed and taillight.
I commute daily, run errands etc...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #111
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

sure i will help u out. my officer number is 1133 bein doin it for years.
was it a guy in a car or truck that pulled u over? heck just give me all your info included bank account information and i will get back with u. lol
Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #112
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Differ all you want....I've already stated that "IN MY EXPERIENCE" If you have a different view, sweet. I'm stating what I've experienced. Cops profile, whether you want to admit or not, they do. If you wish to argue, go for it. All I'll state is the fact that I've driven around Houston doing 90 w/ one headlight and NO tailights past cops and didn't get pulled over....yet I get pulled over for no reason....other than to check my tags and run my license on my bike. Don't get pulled over in my truck for them to check tags and run my license. Just stating facts.
But it's ok...you all keep on Enjoy it
I "harassed" a guy on a 999 last week...

...because since I couldn't even see an LP, I wanted to make sure the bike wasn't stolen ('cause who leaves the plate on a bike they just jacked?).

I pulled the rider over to make sure the true owner/rider wasn't getting his pride and joy jacked by some dill-hole! Explain, please, how my actions were "anti-biker"...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #113
Slingblade92
Azzhole

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600

Again, as I f@cking stated, MY EXPERIENCE!! Let that soak in for a few minutes..

My license is plainly displayed w/ a stupid plate light. All my lights work on my bike. I've had a mirror on my bike for the past year. Still get pulled over when I'm just cruising.

Keep on keeping on then pig, and I'll do the same.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #114
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

DC that sucks man. Just to clarify, all insurances I have dealt with do not require M license to get insurance on a bike. Nor does DPS require you to have insurance to get a license. What they do require is whichever bike your taking the test on to have current registration and inspection as well as valid insurance, as well as for the car that is used. The process is a pain but it's not that bad. If you need someone with M to get your license I will try to help you out as long as its in the next two weeks before I start my new job. Never heard of anything when you get a no M ticket, preventing you from getting your M. That is actually encourage. Must kind judges will drop the no M charge if you get it ASAP. The ticket, again depends on the judge, you may be required to pay, or they may allow you to take MSF (considered motorcycle defensive driving by most courts) and pay a reduced fine and keep it off your record after a probationary period. If they allow this, it would be your best viable option seeing as how you won't have to go to the DPS to take the driving test, it will be done at MSF, you only have to give DPS your course completion card, so you may be able to knock out several birds with one stone.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #115
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #116
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre-K View Post
I "harassed" a guy on a 999 last week...

...because since I couldn't even see an LP, I wanted to make sure the bike wasn't stolen ('cause who leaves the plate on a bike they just jacked?).

I pulled the rider over to make sure the true owner/rider wasn't getting his pride and joy jacked by some dill-hole! Explain, please, how my actions were "anti-biker"...
I know who that is.

Wouldn't be the first time he got hassled about the bike being possible stolen.

I myself have been pulled over by Pearland PD some time ago when there was a string of bike thefts in the immediate area near my residence. The officer was very cool and friendly and simply stated I had no light on my plate (which I didn't) but he mainly wanted to see who the bike belonged and make sure it wasn't stolen. I had just bought the bike from my bro in law and it was still in his name, so when I said the name instantly the cop was cool and let me go after shooting the for a few mins.

I for one take this as a service, yeah at another time it might be a hassle, but I had no where to go and I was happy to know that the local leo's were watching out for ME.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 09-04-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #117
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
um what? sorry thats bull , no way u couldnt get m endorsment with out insurance
I think he means he couldn't take his M test with his bike w/o insurance.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #118
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Joy, only sharing some insight on this. While you may have been moving with the speed of traffic, if you were above the posted speed limit, you were still speeding. Yes, it sucks to be the one to get caught for it, but that's how most things in life are. Plenty of people get away with alot bigger crimes then speeding and some people get caught. This is reality. Also as far as the radar claim goes. Just know that a cop does not have to radar you at all to give you a speeding ticket, there are many other options such as pacing, vascar, and simply visual judgement. Even if he is using radar and it shows someone in front of him is speeding, while he may be getting the reading from the car in front of him, if it appears you are moving at a faster rate than the other vehicles around, then he will determine that you were speeding and pull you over. Like I said, it sucks, but it happens. If you were going over the speed limit and you were caught, your best bet is to suck it up and find the easiest way through it. Now if you were going the speed limit and none over, and you got pulled over for following the speed of traffic (which would have to be the speed limit or lower), then you would be innocent, but I am not sure this is the case.

Not trying to or gripe or say you were wrong. Just trying to shed some insight on it. Not all cops are bad people, must are just doing their job. While I may not agree with some of the things they do, its what puts food on their table.

I am not claiming I don't speed or break any laws, knows I have a record thats more than most people care for, but I have dealt with many LEOs over the years and I can say that all but maybe one or two were kind, respectful, down to earth people. And even the one or two I didn't like, still probably were nicer than they should have been considering what I was pulled over for.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 09-04-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #119
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
is there even a point system in texas?
Yes there is. Unfortunately I am fully aware and experienced in it.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #120
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Again, as I f@cking stated, MY EXPERIENCE!! Let that soak in for a few minutes..

My license is plainly displayed w/ a stupid plate light. All my lights work on my bike. I've had a mirror on my bike for the past year. Still get pulled over when I'm just cruising.

Keep on keeping on then pig, and I'll do the same.
A) Not all cops hate bikers, lots of cops ARE bikers
B) Yes there are some that dislike bikes because the majority of us give off the wrong impression
C) Even cops make mistakes, they are human after all
D) Getting defensive and making personal attacks against Pre-K or any of our MH LEOs who have done nothing to you is not going to get your point across to anyone. In fact it will only hurt your message.
E) As far as your last comment goes, I suggest you read the MotoHouston rules. Cop bashing is NOT allowed.

kthxbye
Closed Thread

Advertisement