MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #101
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (53)
Posts: 16,644







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
actually I got out and he was too chicken to get out of his truck, so after I made my way back to my truck he decided it would be funny to bump the of my 1 ton. So I then back up his truck for him. Funny thing is he still would not get out and throw down with me.... I guess he thought he was fixin to get his kicked.
Glad you didn't stoop to his level.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fireworks accidentally set off after Royals home run in Cleveland NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-16-2015 07:40 AM
sweet lightning show downtown urbanXJ Off Topic 4 08-20-2015 12:42 PM
New Years fireworks show zerobounds Off Topic 2 12-31-2009 07:14 PM
Fireworks Show? SiG239 Off Topic 6 12-31-2008 05:17 PM
About Last nights Fireworks show jrock Off Topic 0 10-11-2006 01:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #102
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
But even if he rides your for miles it is still NOT okay to throw stuff at people! I had a lady hit me in my truck when she was doing something completely stupid. I didn't get out of my truck and beat the out of her though, I called the cops and my insurance company.
depends on the situation.... if someone purposely ran you off the road and then pulled over and laughed your telling me you would just shrug it off and call your insurance. Helz no.... you would proceed to kick . Maybe it is just me.... Yes I have a temper I will readily admit to that. Yes I have had confrentations with other motorists. I wear icon timax gloves for a reason.... and it isn't cause they fit great.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #103
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Glad you didn't stoop to his level.....
your right... it is much better to be a puzzy and run away.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #104
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (53)
Posts: 16,644







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
depends on the situation.... if someone purposely ran you off the road and then pulled over and laughed your telling me you would just shrug it off and call your insurance. Helz no.... you would proceed to kick . Maybe it is just me.... Yes I have a temper I will readily admit to that. Yes I have had confrentations with other motorists. I wear icon timax gloves for a reason.... and it isn't cause they fit great.
If someone was out to kill me then yes I would defend myself. But how many times has someone ran up on your with the intent of actually mowing you down? By all means, if your life is in grave danger, do what you gotta do. But I doubt that this man was ACTUALLY out to hurt him, it may have appeared that way but why would he want to kill him infront of so many people? I wasn't there so I can't give a first hand account of anything, mainly basing my opinions off of what was said. The topic of throwing things at cars for tailgating or other small traffic infractions has been coming up way too often on the forum IMO. People talk like it's no big deal to break off someone's mirror or throw something at their windshield...it's absurd.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #105
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (53)
Posts: 16,644







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
your right... it is much better to be a puzzy and run away.
Since that's what I said and everyone knows that if you didn't back over his truck you'd be a pu**y, it would be horrible to have people think negatively of you too. You did the right thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #106
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
If someone was out to kill me then yes I would defend myself. But how many times has someone ran up on your with the intent of actually mowing you down? By all means, if your life is in grave danger, do what you gotta do. But I doubt that this man was ACTUALLY out to hurt him, it may have appeared that way but why would he want to kill him infront of so many people? I wasn't there so I can't give a first hand account of anything, mainly basing my opinions off of what was said. The topic of throwing things at cars for tailgating or other small traffic infractions has been coming up way too often on the forum IMO. People talk like it's no big deal to break off someone's mirror or throw something at their windshield...it's absurd.

well in all my YEARS of riding I recall 3 incidents of people purposely trying to harm me on my bike. I know it was intentional cause they were laughing the whole time. When your on the road long enough you WILL run across those people. You are still young and don't have the seat time I do, so obviously you haven't had those kinds of encounters but in due time you will. Those kinds of people don't respond to middle fingers.... they respond to getting the kicked out of them.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #107
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,987

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
well in all my YEARS of riding I recall 3 incidents of people purposely trying to harm me on my bike. I know it was intentional cause they were laughing the whole time. When your on the road long enough you WILL run across those people. You are still young and don't have the seat time I do, so obviously you haven't had those kinds of encounters but in due time you will. Those kinds of people don't respond to middle fingers.... they respond to getting the kicked out of them.
post of the year
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #108
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
post of the year

glad you liked it. It is to get old,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #109
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (53)
Posts: 16,644







Member Garage





How many times have you "beat the " out of them for not responding to your middle finger? I hope I'm as cool as you when I'm older.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #110
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
How many times have you "beat the " out of them for not responding to your middle finger? I hope I'm as cool as you when I'm older.
only twice... I sure hope I wasn't as mouthy as you when I was a child.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #111
Melissa_Claire
Member
 
Melissa_Claire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugarland Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2007 Suzuki gsxr600









Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
well in all my YEARS of riding I recall 3 incidents of people purposely trying to harm me on my bike. I know it was intentional cause they were laughing the whole time. When your on the road long enough you WILL run across those people. You are still young and don't have the seat time I do, so obviously you haven't had those kinds of encounters but in due time you will. Those kinds of people don't respond to middle fingers.... they respond to getting the kicked out of them.
What if that causes you to get your " kicked out?"

Fighting in public is just a bad idea.


Somebody needs to repost the video of the tough guy with road rage getting knocked out by a man while his son videotapes the whole thing.
Melissa_Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #112
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_Claire View Post
What if that causes you to get your " kicked out?"

Fighting in public is just a bad idea.


Somebody needs to repost the video of the tough guy with road rage getting knocked out by a man while his son videotapes the whole thing.


eh. you win some.....you loose some. that is life.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #113
Melissa_Claire
Member
 
Melissa_Claire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugarland Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2007 Suzuki gsxr600









Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
eh. you win some.....you loose some. that is life.
So Louis, are you proposing that fighting in public is a good idea?
Melissa_Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #114
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.
 
miraculous dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tampa, Fl
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 4,584


Bike(s):
Honda VFR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_Claire View Post
So Louis, are you proposing that fighting in public is a good idea?
Only when he needs to teach those young whippersnappers a lesson.
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #115
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_Claire View Post
So Louis, are you proposing that fighting in public is a good idea?

only when all other options have failed. most of the time there are much better alternatives. sometimes there are not. to quote a famous movie, sometimes you gotta get medieval on their azz.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #116
Melissa_Claire
Member
 
Melissa_Claire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugarland Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2007 Suzuki gsxr600









Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
only when all other options have failed. most of the time there are much better alternatives. sometimes there are not. to quote a famous movie, sometimes you gotta get medieval on their azz.
Just watched it today.


"I am having what you will call a moral dilemma"


Seriously:

Where does calling 911 fall on your list of options?
Melissa_Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #117
Ogre
Ancient one
 
Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Stagecoach
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,300

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Blackbird









Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
DvlRacer, I see what you are trying to say. But when someone is riding my . What about my family? What if I happen to stop suddenly because there is something in the road and the behind me cannot react in time because he is already on my . These are things they should consider.

To me tailgating a motorcyclist is like putting a loaded gun to someones head IMO. It's a very unpleasant experience for a motorcyclist.
Perhaps we will read about you one day too...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=58361
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #118
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa_Claire View Post
Just watched it today.


"I am having what you will call a moral dilemma"


Seriously:

Where does calling 911 fall on your list of options?

i tried that once. cops just took a police report and let it go. Besides, in the "old" days there were no such thing as cell phones. You had to actually drive to a phone booth. I know you younger crowd have no idea what that is, but in the "old" days all c-stores had these phones you put money in to make calls from. You also had to know where you were cause there was no such thing as gps and location tracing,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #119
1badzx12r
SHREK
 
1badzx12r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san leon(close to kemah)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 338

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2001 joker custom









Click image for larger version

Name:	LARGE_misc8[1].jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	13242
__________________
The problem with the gene pool is there is no lifegaurd.

Its peanut butter jelly time!!!
1badzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #120
Melissa_Claire
Member
 
Melissa_Claire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugarland Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 87


Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600RR, 2007 Suzuki gsxr600









Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
i tried that once. cops just took a police report and let it go. Besides, in the "old" days there were no such thing as cell phones. You had to actually drive to a phone booth. I know you younger crowd have no idea what that is, but in the "old" days all c-stores had these phones you put money in to make calls from. You also had to know where you were cause there was no such thing as gps and location tracing,lol.
To quote another movie:

"Well Marty.............."
Melissa_Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy