MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #41
Max
rm -rf /

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Send a message via AIM to Max
BS,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
racer x, I'm not against you on this one by no means, your the voice of wisdom and logic on this board (at least i think so but using a variation of your example...a family is out camping, the put out there bond fire and leave yet they didn't snuff it out completely (not intently of course but by accident) and it starts a forest fire, a fire fighter dies putting out that fire, should the family be charge with murder and/or manslaughter?
yes or no?
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texan convicted in death of estranged wife, body never found NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-24-2015 10:10 AM
Former JP Morgan Chase banker convicted of bank fraud NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-09-2014 04:50 PM
Three arrested after leading officers on chase NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 04-15-2014 08:10 PM
Man convicted in death of Usher stepson NewsBot Entertainment 0 02-21-2014 02:50 AM
Beaumont man convicted in death of girl, 3 NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 01-17-2014 01:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #42
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
bottom line that cop has no skills ....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #43
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

^^^no

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #44
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Oh ok. I coulda sworn that it was a crackhead or homeless person that accidentally set a place on fire and killed a fireman. Maybe I have two stories confused.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #45
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Now that i have thought about the crack head no i do not think so for the simple reason is that the fire man was doing his job and dies doing what he loved to do. The crack head should be charged with arson and a crack possession....

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #46
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_618
if the biker was obeying the law, then the law enforcing officer would not have gave chase. the officer gave chase to catch a law-breaker. thats his job.............he should have know WELL he was breaking th elaw and it was only a matter of time before the would be a cops on his . one more idiot off the road, too bad it cost a good cop his life.
Only if you have never broken the law, can you take that position. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. Should you be potentially locked up for the rest of your life everytime you break the law? I go back to the example I gave before. The EXACT same thing could have happened if the LEO chased the soccer mom in her minivan for doing 70 in a 60. Should mom be held for manslaughter? I bet your position would change if you were doing 70 in a 60 and a cop pulled out and gave chase, hit a nail and died, and you were brought up on man slaughter charges. When you see things one way for others but different for yourself, it's call hypocracy...
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

Last edited by jeffrh; 10-20-2005 at 03:26 PM.
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:23 PM   #47
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
action/consequence

you wanna play, be ready to pay. from rolling a stop sign to bustin 150+mph

and i bet if it were your family you;d think differently. easy to say, hard to do.
not trying to pick on your racer x, ur a cool cat in my books, but lets try another scenario, say for example your trucking on along 100% legit, not speeding or anything silly, a cop notices that your license plate light it out and fires his car up and floors it in an attempt to catch up with you (this happen to me before), now if his tire blows out over something that you had no control over, like a nail in the road or how fast he was going, should you be charged in the same way this other guy got it? you were breaking the law at that point, no technicalities about it, you might as well been speeding!? so, my question is, do you deserve the same sentence?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #48
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
Now that i have thought about the crack head no i do not think so for the simple reason is that the fire man was doing his job and dies doing what he loved to do. The crack head should be charged with arson and a crack possession....
+1 , the crack head didnt tell that guy to run in that burning building and and take a nap
Old 10-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #49
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
Only if you have never broken the law, can you take that position. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. Should you be potentially locked up for the rest of your life everytime you break the law? I go back to the example I gave before. The EXACT same thing could have happened if the LEO chased the soccer mom in her minivan for doing 70 in a 60. Should mom be held for manslaughter? I bet your position would change if you were doing 70 in a 60 and a cop pulled out and gave chase, hit a nail and died, and you were brought up on man slaughter charges. When you see things one way for others but different for yourself, it's call hypocracy...
+1
Old 10-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #50
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
not trying to pick on your racer x, ur a cool cat in my books, but lets try another scenario, say for example your trucking on along 100% legit, not speeding or anything silly, a cop notices that your license plate light it out and fires his car up and floors it in an attempt to catch up with you (this happen to me before), now if his tire blows out over something that you had no control over, like a nail in the road or how fast he was going, should you be charged in the same way this other guy got it? you were breaking the law at that point, no technicalities about it, you might as well been speeding!? so, my question is, do you deserve the same sentence?

Except there is one problem here and that is this the license plate is a lesser offence then 100+ at 100+ mph even on a bike you can hurt or kill somebody very easily..

Although i do not agree w/ racerx's statements I do understand where he is coming from....

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #51
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
license plate light=misdeamenor at most.
running 100+ = felony.........

i think my fire setting is a better example, even accidentally. let alone setting the fire on purpose. they found the arsonist guilty of ?? murder/homicide/manslaughter, not sure which it was. he had no intention of killing anybody, just burning the place down. well the biker had no intention, just wanted to race...........but went downhill, and somebody died. somebody will be held accountable.

if biker hadn't a been hauling , cop wouldn't have whipped a uiee.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
misdeamenor or felony speeding? let alone wreckless, racing you name it.........
Old 10-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #52
PORSCHITO

there was a similar case on court tv where the cop killed some kid getting off school while chasing a man in a car... the cop was blamed but nothing was done to him... i think the old cop mentality "we need to get everyone to prove that we are the best on the street " can be wrong sometimes... u got to give up a loosing chase....

+if the bike passed on the other side of the highway by the time the cop makes the turn the bike would have been long gone.....
Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #53
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
license plate light=misdeamenor at most.
running 100+ = felony.........

i think my fire setting is a better example, even accidentally. let alone setting the fire on purpose. they found the arsonist guilty of ?? murder/monicide/manslaughter, not sure which it was. he had no intention of killing anybody, just burning the place down. well the biker had no intention, just wanted to race...........but went downhill, and somebody died. somebody will be hel accountable.

if biker hadn't a been hauling , cop wouldn't have whipped a uiee.....
OK i miss understood was the cracky trying to burn the place down or was it a accident that it started burning i was under the influence that it was a accident if not then yes i think he should of been convicted of whatever happened but it still wasn’t the same when setting a build on fire there is a way better chance that somebody would get hurt besides your self where as the guy riding was just riding and the cop got a flat so in that instance no I do not agree with you and probably will not agree.

You do bring up good points tho racer and i would like to agree to disagree if that is cool with you....

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:37 PM   #54
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

its cool, were not lawyers though i do play one on the i-net. and we weren't in the courtroom.......

but i think alot of motorcyclist feel diff. then the general public. the verdict come down in 3hr, thats awful quick for a manslaughter charge........they were very sure in their decision. sometime you gotta think like the public vs a motorcyclist.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #55
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Yea i do understand that and its something to think about i might run this passed my old man a conservative motorcyclist like you my friend...

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #56
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Hold on.......I just re-read the original story. What did the person in the sportscar get? He would be just as much at fault as the motorcyclist being that they were both racing.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #57
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

don;t think they caught the porsche.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #58
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

lol they catch the bike but not the porshe hmm interesting..

[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #59
PORSCHITO

in which state did all this happen?!?!?!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #60
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold