MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 03:43 AM   #21
KalmarJoe
Cstoum Uesr Tltie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 Zx-12r

Hey, Robert.... if you want to shoot an M-17 before you buy one. I can meet you at the range way out off westheimer someday soon and you can shoot mine. Place called American Shooting Centers. Or if you make it down towards Angleton again, I know a place we can shoot.

Maybe we can coincide it with the weekend of the next Pasadena show, this month on the 29th & 30th
KalmarJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Duck Dynasty' launches its own line of guns NewsBot Entertainment 0 01-02-2014 07:30 AM
your top 5 guns,your dream top 5 guns BADASSVMAX Off Topic 15 11-09-2012 10:13 PM
How Many Guns.... Patrick Off Topic 71 07-12-2006 06:15 PM
guns PORSCHITO Off Topic 13 08-13-2005 08:50 AM
Guns, guns, guns. KalmarJoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-21-2005 02:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #22
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalmarJoe
Hey, Robert.... if you want to shoot an M-17 before you buy one. I can meet you at the range way out off westheimer someday soon and you can shoot mine. Place called American Shooting Centers. Or if you make it down towards Angleton again, I know a place we can shoot.

Maybe we can coincide it with the weekend of the next Pasadena show, this month on the 29th & 30th
Hey Joe...!!! thanks for the offer man...!!! I got me a Century G3 (H&K 91 clone) without doing research and seems like is a piece of due to Century very low quality control and craftmanship at the factory...

Altough some parts are original H&K. The original H&K 91 (civilian version of the G3) seems to be a very reliable rifle according to my research.

I was ready to go with an AK-47 but the craftmanship was very poor and the G3 looked better finished.

took it to the range last Saturday (Hotwells @ 290/Barker Cypress) and after firing the first magazine (20) it stoped ejecting and have to manually eject and re-load..!!! :eh: Lucky for me there's a lot of info on the net and I already took it apart, clean it and will check it again this weekend.

I try to go to all the gun shows in the area. My favorite is the the one in Pasadena 'cause the parking is free.

Will keep you posted about how things go with the G3
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 AM   #23
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
how much was the ak??!?!?!?!
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #24
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
how much was the ak??!?!?!?!
I was only researching the Romanian AK-47's 'cause those are suppose to be the more affordables, the only ones I was able to find were around $399 but they were the WASR-10 model, according to my research you are not suppose to pay more then $210 for that model, If you are looking for the Romanians the best way to go is the SAR-1 ($360).

There's a local factory here in Houston that produces their own Bulgarian AK-47 (SSR-85C-2) and quality is much better but the cost is also higher ($560 to the public). You can buy there at the factory or at the gun show.

http://www.globaltrades.com/currentp...ionrifles.html

If you want I can send you a Excel file where I compiled all the different Romanian models and how-to indentify them. Is only one page and I was carring that to the gun shows and comparing the marks, all of them were WASR-10....!!!! Never found a SAR-1
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #25
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
oh great man thanks for the info... i may later check that local company to see the quality of their product.
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement