MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #61
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
you are basing this on a factory speedo, that has never been calibrated. any vehicle that use to pace vehicles has to be calibrated every year.

anyway I'm done with it. Hire Paul Kubosh and set it for a jury trial. Hopefully he will know the officer and they'll work out a "deal."

Heres that "deal".

We get paid OT for any off-duty court appearances. Just like any other job we expect to get paid to come to work when we are off.

I get paid if the case gets dismissed, if you lose, I win, it dont matter. We make the money based on time, not the cases. Most officers could care less. about who wins the case. I dont.

So you hire your atty. An officer may be really cool with your attorney, or most of the regular players in traffic court. (Kubosh, Sprecher, Gonzalez, etc).
You atty agrees to hold your case till after lunch, so the officer will most likely get his 6-7-8 hrs of Court OT. then towards the end of the day when the officer and atty are tired and have made enough money, you deal is magically worked out or dismissed.

People think they have these so called "good lawyers", when in fact its all a game. The officers make money, your lawyer makes money, and you get ****ed. the lower income get ****ed even more.

So fight it in court, everyone will make money on it except for you.

dude no offense but aren't you taking all this a little personal? He explained a set of circumstances that happened to him. easy greasy....make love not war.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Deal on Aeros Tickets (Cheap Hockey Tickets) DvlRacer Off Topic 7 12-23-2010 09:35 PM
!! cops, cops, cops... floyd600 Off Topic 6 11-05-2010 10:19 AM
OMFG I got a tickets cops please help!! Pyrofallout Off Topic 28 03-06-2009 10:47 AM
one for GB, Cops chasing Cops RACER X Off Topic 11 02-16-2009 01:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #62
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
dude no offense but aren't you taking all this a little personal? He explained a set of circumstances that happened to him. easy greasy....make love not war.
i dont get offended. I just wanted to explain how it all really works.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #63
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
you are basing this on a factory speedo, that has never been calibrated. any vehicle that use to pace vehicles has to be calibrated every year.

anyway I'm done with it. Hire Paul Kubosh and set it for a jury trial. Hopefully he will know the officer and they'll work out a "deal."

Heres that "deal".

We get paid OT for any off-duty court appearances. Just like any other job we expect to get paid to come to work when we are off.

I get paid if the case gets dismissed, if you lose, I win, it dont matter. We make the money based on time, not the cases. Most officers could care less about who wins the case. I dont.

So you hire your atty. An officer may be really cool with your attorney, or most of the regular players in traffic court. (Kubosh, Sprecher, Gonzalez, etc).
You atty agrees to hold your case till after lunch, so the officer will most likely get his 6-7-8 hrs of Court OT. then towards the end of the day when the officer and atty are tired and have made enough money, you deal is magically worked out or dismissed.

People think they have these so called "good lawyers", when in fact its all a game. The officers make money, your lawyer makes money, and you get ****ed. the lower income get ****ed even more.

So dose it make you feel better knowing that you or the other peace officer is getting some one f'ed over in court? Just wandering?
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #64
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i View Post
So dose it make you feel better knowing that you or the other peace officer is getting some one f'ed over in court? Just wandering?
i didn't create the municipal court system. I've never written a ticket to anyone who didn't deserve it.

So no , I'm not f'ing over anybody. I'm out here trying to make money and do my job like anyone else on here.

Your question really should be addressed to city council, not me.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #65
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
i dont get offended. I just wanted to explain how it all really works.
well I learned a couple of things....I am sure a few MH members have too. I am concerned about their days events cause it could happen to me and everyone else very easily. Like I said it will be interesting to see the outcome of all this.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #66
GABRIEL

Quote:

Heres that "deal".

I get paid if the case gets dismissed, if you lose, I win, it dont matter. We make the money based on time, not the cases. Most officers could care less about who wins the case. I dont.

Not trying to bash or anything but this is the impression I get from what you wrote. My sister is in law inforcment.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #67
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
The sad part about it, is this is our Judicial system we are talking about. It is all about the $$$$$.
criminal court is the same way. except the state and county don't make money trying criminal cases.

The only cases I go to trial on are from people who can afford to hire attorneys. I arrest few white people yet all my trial cases in criminal court are with them. I arrested far more ________(<--insert minority of choice here) and never go to trial on those cases. They all plead out on deals because they cant afford lawyers or get lower paid ones that don't want to go to trial.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #68
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i View Post
Not trying to bash or anything but this is the impression I get from what you wrote. My sister is in law inforcment.
who else am i supposed to talk about? i guess i need to type in third person so that none one gets their feelings hurt when the truth gets told. I can only relay my personal experiences. I cant speak for your sisters law enforcement experiences.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #69
GABRIEL

Quote:
criminal court is the same way. except the state and county don't make money trying criminal cases.

The only cases I go to trial on are from people who can afford to hire attorneys. I arrest few white people yet all my trial cases in criminal court are with them. I arrested far more 97900rr01f4i(<--insert minority of choice here) and never go to trial on those cases. They all plead out on deals because they cant afford lawyers or get lower paid ones that don't want to go to trial.
Hello!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #70
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Yep I know, a friend of mine is a criminal attorney. One of houstons finest, Robert Fickman. He does a lot of criminal and federal law. The sad part is it is all about the money and who you hire to represent you goes a long way. Kind of like the saying goes it is who you know and how much money you have.

J
yep.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #71
DOV

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
soon again

Quote:

Heres that "deal".

Well this is certainly different. Most officers wont admit that it IS a game and will argue that its never about the money. Just doing their job
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #72
J-Row
Gold Member®

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Well we all know that steve cant do wheelies!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:18 PM   #73
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Row View Post
Well we all know that steve cant do wheelies!!
too true.... unless he borrows the 9 turbo bike
Old 02-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #74
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

it is doing their job, we all speed we all break the laws, so what if you get popped once in a while. its the price we pay for being "in the game" as so many youngins like to call it.

it's a racquet(sp?), deal w/ it, lawyer up or pay the fines, it's simple really. we break laws all day long then whine we gotta pay the piper.

he takes offense, cuz he works w/ these dudes day in and day out, then comes on here and reads about "how fast have you gone w/ a passenger" anybody say 65 nope everyone has been .

wah wah wah.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #75
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

ok then...

well racerx msf aside, i for one would like to thank andre3k for taking the time to tell (very accurately) how things are downtown...

as a person who has gotten out of 30+ tickets over the years - believe me when i tell you that andre3k really IS just telling it like it is... (so don't shoot the messenger)

the details of THIS case aside sb, i still think your best bet is just to get a lawyer and wait for your day in court...

because out of all the pages we we type here, ultimately none of it matters as much as having a good lawyer...

thanks again andre3k... i'm sure there are a lot of riders who have learned something from all this...

good luck again to sb, mala and the other rider...

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 02-29-2008 at 11:32 PM.
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #76
DOV

Bike(s):
soon again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
it is doing their job, we all speed we all break the laws, so what if you get popped once in a while. its the price we pay for being "in the game" as so many youngins like to call it.

it's a racquet(sp?), deal w/ it, lawyer up or pay the fines, it's simple really. we break laws all day long then whine we gotta pay the piper.

he takes offense, cuz he works w/ these dudes day in and day out, then comes on here and reads about "how fast have you gone w/ a passenger" anybody say 65 nope everyone has been .

wah wah wah.

I dont argue with this, or with what andre3k is sayin. The people that know me on this board can attest to the fact that I pay my tickets with out crying about it. Lord knows I payed my dues last year . I speed, get caught, pay the fine, end of story.

All I'm saying is that I've read time after time on other threads, not necessarily this board, that its never about making money. The city does not make money. The courts do not make money..bla blah blah. When in fact, just as he stated IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and not always about public safety.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #77
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

wah wah wah.

Riiight. So by your logic, we as bikers, can never get a break huh?

I understand, speeding is speeding, period. I dont fight that fact, but to fudge an alleged speed so the big wigs get more in thier pocket at the end of the day, seems a little chickenshit to me. Have I sped before? Sure, who hasn't? But like andre3k say's, no matter what, it's the defendant who loses. I for one, dont believe that laurie and steve and sbfuller were speeding with intent to evade the law, like me....:, but I think it a little fcked up that if they were moving 5 - 8 over the speed limit, why not write a ticket for that speed? By your deduction, the cop can write whatever the fck he wants, and is allowable within the means of the law.

I honestly dont know where you base your logic from sir, but I can pretty much gurantee, one of these day's, your going to get your's in the end too....

Have a good day.....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #78
DOV

Bike(s):
soon again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot View Post
ok then...

well racerx msf aside, i for one would like to thank andre3k for taking the time to tell (very accurately) how things are downtown...

as a person who has gotten out of 30+ tickets over the years - believe me when i tell you that andre3k really IS just telling it like it is... (so don't shoot the messenger)

the details of THIS case aside sb, i still think your best bet is just to get a lawyer and wait for your day in court...

because out of all the pages we we type here, ultimately none of it matters as much as having a good lawyer...

thanks again andre3k... i'm sure there are a lot of riders who have learned something from all this...

good luck again to sb, mala and the other rider...
+1
Old 02-29-2008, 11:43 PM   #79
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by del240z View Post
but I think it a little fcked up that if they were moving 5 - 8 over the speed limit, why not write a ticket for that speed?
dunno how much you get around texas, but just west of south padre island, there's a little town that where the police will write you a ticket for going 1 or 2 mph over the speed limit...

and get this - it will effin stick... i kid you not...

so if they were speeding... then well... they were speeding...

68... 80... doesn't matter... the only valid arguement you can give back is:

"I WAS NEVER SPEEDING"

but it doesn't stop with that - b/c even then, you have to be able to disprove the officer (who's job it is - to make absolutely certain you were speeding before giving you a ticket)... nevermind that they are legally considered experts on traffic violations...

again, best bet = lawyer or don't speed...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #80
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

And I understand henry, very valid point. But I mean, why not write them a ticket for 68 in a 60, instead of 80 in a 60? :/:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement