MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #41
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ght=eric+roman

and this is why we dont do this the 15 minute thing rip roman

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sport bikes Vs. Cruisers FowleR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 11-07-2012 07:50 PM
Why don't more Cruisers(specifically Harley riders) wear more protection? Urbangatsby General Discussion (Moto Related) 126 11-30-2011 12:40 PM
Sport bike riders going to cruisers.... how was it??? or have you done it?? floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-07-2011 11:37 PM
Cruisers or Sportbike Riders? Whos better? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 05-24-2011 01:58 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #42
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_DJ View Post
Well I am going to have to agree with MR. Butts, I am his ride or die friend. Trust me the last crew he was with seemed to flake out on stuff. I just wish we could find true riders over here in the pasadena side of town. I know they do few meets over on this side. I remember Tom would gather us up over at amc30. Like most of you have to say motohouston people are really the biggest family you will hear about around town. I think he is just blowing off some steam on some of the other people he rides with. I think it is messed up that he is working on someones bike and they are not there helping. As for me if I get me lazy a$$ over to his house which beer ussually does it. I am there with him cooking and working on the bikes. Oh yea drinking also, maybe we can do some sort of meet and greet over in this area. I think it is time for a new crowd for this boy to meet. I would like to get some of the other people over on that side of town to meet up maybe we can do a stunt day and bbq afterwards? Well nick dawg I am about to finish some more beer and watch superbike
applebees on fairmonte sun 4-11pm bike night

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #43
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
I'd say it is MUCH easier for a Bandito or a cruiser to come chill with a bunch of sport bikes in a lot as opposed to a sport rider pulling up to a bunch of Banditos/Cruisers. Yeah granted the unity may be stronger there, but the openness is far greater among sport bikes.
I totally agree with Htownz, that being said, I am 52 and am not viewed as a punk kid by Banditos/Cruisers. This I feel is a misconception based solely on age. If you act like a punk, you will most likely be treated as such. I have lived a blissful life, I never met many men I could not associate with based on whatever their age. We all have something in common based on our own life and the love for motorcycles no matter what kind we may currently be riding. Granted, some lives are shorter than others. Bottom line is, if a motorcycle rider needs help, I will do whatever I can to help that person. And I hope all riders will feel the same. Now that I have totally bored you, I bid you good night.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #44
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
look at the ages of these kids who are getting on sport bikes. No offense to anyone that is actually grown but what I have found is a lot of these kids still live w/ their parents and don't pay any bills except their motorcycle note lol. they are still working part time and going to school. They haven't lived life yet and don't understand the whole brotherhood thing. I know what you are talking about and I haven't been riding long but it doesn't take a genious to figure out there is not a whole lot of loyalty. that's what you get with us young 20 somethings and teens riding. I have met a couple of guys who seem to be true and even then time will tell. I didn't get on a bike to be a part of a club or a group. I'll get together with the guys for a good cause but that's about it. I wasn't raised to be a follower and be in a group/club/gang. whatever it is called.
I love the quote.......and I agree with you
Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #45
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

man my dad raced motocross and rode street bikes at the same time and still does. he workede at a suzuki and kawasaki dealership. he raised me around motorcycles. and at 9 i got my first dirtbike. by 10 i was racing motocross. now at 18 i am still riding and racing moto and have had a streetbike since 15. i know that that is not alot of time on bikes compared to some people on this forum. but just cause i am young doesnt mean i dont understand the brotherhood thing. i have a group of about 3 to 6 people i can count on riding with anyday of the week. whether it be moto or street. i grew up with these people and we grew up around motorcycles. motorcycles are what i do. i dont do school sports, i dont do extra curricular activities of any kind. i work with my dads construction company, go to school, and ride every chance i get on anything i can and all my friends are the same way. we work on bikes together ride together and chill together when it rains.motorcycles are our life.
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #46
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligonetx View Post
Anytime you take a large group of people and converse with them this openly, there will be problems.

difference being in a club or gang is the smaller sect will fill the needs of the individuals and the larger group will still get together and have their rides. Same around here... I ride alot by myself, have the smaller groups I get together with, then the northside groups and even the larger cross town groups as well...

singling yourself to one group will make a closer bond but that closes you out to so much more available... Did you know at any given time there is someone setting up a track day, drag day, ride at one side of town or the other... the options are endless... vs a small group getting together to ride on a particular time, then knowingly twice a year alot will get together on a planned ride...

I think its awesome that five days before a ride 60 some bikes can assemble from all over houston to get together and ride twice in a row to Galveston... As for loyalty, we all have our separate lives and ambitions and riding is something we share in common.

I have been in church groups less supportive then MH, sadly to say... What MH does promise is a fellowship from people of different opinions and backgrounds that may clash but at least you come out with an answer for a question, support from peers and open invitations from strangers that will support and help at a single notice.

Just my two cents but I have only benefited from riding with the MH group
Very well put.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #47
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

but i just found out about this forum and so did my little group so we did the g-town ride sunday and was impressed that so many people even care enough to get together and ride.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #48
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
I totally agree with Htownz, that being said, I am 52 and am not viewed as a punk kid by Banditos/Cruisers. This I feel is a misconception based solely on age. If you act like a punk, you will most likely be treated as such. I have lived a blissful life, I never met many men I could not associate with based on whatever their age. We all have something in common based on our own life and the love for motorcycles no matter what kind we may currently be riding. Granted, some lives are shorter than others. Bottom line is, if a motorcycle rider needs help, I will do whatever I can to help that person. And I hope all riders will feel the same. Now that I have totally bored you, I bid you good night.
True. There really is something inherent in ALL riders. We can all connect on at least SOME level, regardless of age, , color, etc, or bike for that matter...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #49
UNKNOWN_DJ
MONKEY

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
HONDA CRF50
03' GSXR 750 - True Method

Send a message via Yahoo to UNKNOWN_DJ
Yea well I am sorry for that one gu who is at work. Yea the beer was cold great and superbikes was a good show. I have to agree motohouston does make event worth going to when word gets around on here. The bike night at applebees for the other guy sounds great but sundays I tend to be busy getting stuff done. If it isn't working or school during the day night time is being a dad. I was just backing up my friend since most of the people he has met never seem to strike me as a true rider. really from that last crew he got with. I been on here for a while myself and motohouston is the best way to get with other riders and meet people on here that want to ride. To me even before I started riding I used to hang with Mr.Butts over at coney island and been to holmes and other places. That is what really got me into the scene for bikes and wanting to ride.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #50
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
for h2in ^^ the average rider wasnt racing i said in the previous post it was these idiots that stopped alot of the older sb riders from going out, im no stunter but i dont like to be riding or hanging out in spots were cops waiting to hassle me or give me a ticket. alot of riders felt the risk going out there wasnt worth it, guilty by association
I can definitely agree with that.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #51
Speed Racer

Bike(s):
2000 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
my input will not count for chit but this is how i am,,

i am a rider , i love sport bikes more than the iron but i like bike in all !

i do not what or feal the need to join a club, pay does and make manditory meetings, i have a family and a job and i dont always have time to ride.

MH is my club, fee of charge and you ride with who ever you like!

we do have our comeradery, i will help anyone if i can , but as i said i have a job and a family so dont get upset when i say i cant do something!

you know what i mean, i am in it for the rides the friends and the time out of my normal life! its great and i would do almost anything for my fellow riders , no matter if i know you , have ever met you, it dont matter what you ride if i can help i will, i have given things away on this forum and sold others . and i have yet to meet anyone that i dont like on MH

BUT ALOT OF THE CRUSER (HD) RIDERS ARE MORE ABOUT JUST THEM ,WE WAVE THEY DONT BUT WE KEEP ON WAVEING ! NO MATTER WHAT I WILL GIVE YOU THE OL BROTHERLY TWO FINGER TEASER IF WE PASS. AND I DO NOT EXPECT IT IN RETURN BUT ITS NICE SOMETIMES!
Well said.
Speed Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #52
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (53)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Butts View Post
Thats basically what I was talking about mixed in with the younger imature riders that have been riding. Unfortunatly stupid people are breeding.
You have a picture of yourself doing a wheelie on a public road as your avatar

As far as young riders, I think it's great. I'm 19 and I love motorcycles. I have met plenty of other young riders throughout my time on here and as a biker in general. We are the future, please embrace us No, but in all seriousness, judge someone by their character not age.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by a forum moderator; 02-19-2008 at 11:27 PM.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #53
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

judge someone by their character not age.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you
Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #54
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Although the lines of Sportbiker vs. HD/Cruiser rider are very noticable the closer you get to civilization (Large metro areas). On the open road every one waves regardless of what your on. I have had more Cruiser riders stop and see if everything was alright while I rested on the side of the road, then sportbike riders, perhaps cause they know I am not broke down (ha ha)... Anyhow I really don't need a club or a hangout. My hangout is any twisty road within 500 miles. If you see a Dark Red ZX1100 on some back county road going well over the speed limit... Try to keep up...

Peace
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #55
Mic

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownz View Post
Woah woah wait..wait...this 8 minutes is unreal 610 is like 38 miles if I'm not mistaken..meaning 4 and 3/4ths a mile every minute if you were to do it at 8 minutes..basically going over a mile every 15 seconds on average....

15 would be like 2 and 1/2 mile every minute....that's still pretty fast...

Never heard of those races but , that's insane....
maps.google.com says that the 610 loop is about 38 miles around. According to an online calculator, doing that in 15 minutes would be an avg speed of 152 mph, believable with a powerful sportbike but pretty dangerous. 8 minutes would be 285 mph so I'm not buying that. Cali's 35 minute run would avg about 65 mph.

Back on topic though... I've met some cool people on here going on rides. FlipSideUp, Caligonetx, northhoustoncbr, hellfroze, etc. I wish I could know them better and meet more people in general. I just don't get out as much as I'd like.

I agree with what was posted earlier about the age of the rider and how they act. I think that part of the problem of the image of sportbikes is due to the larger percentage of younger less responsible people riding them. I'm not saying that everyone riding a sportbike is irresponsible, but your average cager or cop isn't going to remember a rider for riding responsibly. They are going to remember that squid doing a high speed standup on the frontage road or the guy that crashed and died while street racing.

I guess what I'm getting at is this, there are going to be people that are out there just for themselves. If there are some SB riders that are bad apples, that's no reason to judge all of us the same way.

I spend more time lurking than posting, but I'm sure that I could pm a bunch of people on here and ask for help if I needed it and they'd step up. If someone pm'd me out of the blue, I'd do what I could to help them. MH has a lot of good members and I'm glad to be a part of this board.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #56
Waerloga

Member Garage

Yes, MH is a great board with great members.

Now, who wants to do me a huuuuuge favor?

Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #57
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Last edited by Master_Of_Pain; 02-20-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #58
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

what's a rydaz?
They are both ugly liberals cocksuckers. Can't wait till they stop stinking up the white house with their curry meals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
and made those people so He can have them slaughtered..
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #59
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Last edited by Whorenet; 02-20-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #60
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement