MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #61
Old School RR
Senior Member
 
Old School RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,061

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list








Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Thanks for the intro, but we haven't "met". If you did know me, or had actually met me, you would understand where I'm coming from, and likely would know that the things I was saying and where they come from

Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves. I haven't addressed you as a "young punk on a crotch rocket" and didn't "presume" that. For some reason, you felt like I was addressing you in some way, and you jumped in to tell me about how you are the anti-everything I am saying.

Simply, if the things I am saying in generalizations don't apply to you, why are you taking such offense to it? If they don't apply to you, go ahead and assume that I'm not addressing you
.

I, like a lot of guys my age, didn't have an easy time getting where I am in motorcycling today. "Kids" now are having similar issues, but things are much better by comparison. At 28, you're still young, but as long as you have your in line, then you aren't a delinquent punk kid, so you should have no qualms with what I'm saying.

I take pride in knowing that I did things the right way, and that I am pretty self-sufficient with my bikes. I enjoy the sport, and I really enjoy helping others learn about riding and bikes, whether it be the track or street. When ignorance abounds, and the feeding frenzy gets started on the bbs regarding cop bashing, I jump in, no skin off my nose.

Maybe you're just trying to goad me in to an argument?

I'm done. Yall have fun with this. Off to bed for me.
Thanks for making my point clear and trying to make me look like your lessor equal.

I wasn't trying to goad you into anything either. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
, what am I doing wrong, bike not selling anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-31-2014 09:43 PM
cool hungarian bike loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-11-2013 11:00 AM
I can't find my bike key.... Vividkid General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-10-2010 01:47 PM
Speedfreak got his bike knocked over !! ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 96 11-18-2008 12:05 PM
Can't get the bike started fulanito How To's and Q & A's 9 11-21-2006 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #62
Old School RR
Senior Member
 
Old School RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,061

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list








Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Cant we all just be friendly motorcyclists?
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #63
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School RR View Post
Cant we all just be friendly motorcyclists?
I wish,lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #64
90 5.0
frequent crasher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 561


Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Ok, you're new, so maybe you missed the umpteen billion threads by brain surgeons about "how unfair the popo is for pullin' me over only 'cause I was doin' 1fiddy on 610, shouldn't they be lookin' for people breakin' the law?"

The search feature is your friend, or just go through a few or ten pages of threads on this forum or the off topic forum. You'll know you've come across one because it'll be 20 pages or so, and locked.

Uh, no, not really, no.
There are times when PD has to get somewhere fast, and running with lights and sirens blazing is not an option. Unless you know where that person is going, you have no idea why he is driving the way they are. They could be going to someone you know or love who is in need of help (I hope not, but you get the picture). People will never be happy. You may get upset because you see a PO driving "wrecklessly" in your opinion, but if he didn't then the person he is going to help is pizzed because they "didn't get there fast enough". I don't know who "we" is. If you don't fit my "profile" of the people I'm addressing, then what do you have to worry about? If you aren't doing the things I'm citing, then I'm not talking to you. No more need for you to worry about "me" labeling "you" as a delinquent. My point, as apparently you missed it (not belittling, just saying), was that they (PD) go through extensive training to learn to drive evasively, fast, precisely, and with due regard. A BUNCH of the folks on this bbs have no license, and no formal training. You'll find that out the longer you stick around. If you have done the things you're claiming above, congrats! That means once again, I'm not addressing you I'm pretty sure it was the ones that don't have the "M", and haven't taken some type of safety course.

I'm sure "90 5.0" is pleased that you defended him though.

These cop bashing threads are tiresome and silly. I wish I could resist getting in to them, but alas, I am not able.

Carry on.
Dude you are the one that flew off the handle, I wasn't "cop bashing" as you say. All I did was post an opinion which last time i checked I was allowed to have. You seem to equate members post counts to there riding ability, age and or training level, which is a pretty large mistake. I am not a "Punk Kid" as you have grouped me into in fact it has been almost 8 years(knock on wood) since my last traffic citation of any kind so don't throw me into the 150mph on 610 club without knowing anything about me as well. I said they are bad drivers and to further solidify my point I watched a hpd officer this morning changing lanes back and forth inches away from the other traffic and changing multiple lanes at the same time. Not going any were fast or to a scene just changing lanes poorly , following to close and not leaving himself an out if anything were to happen. If one of the cars would have had a blowout or a mom hit with a soccer ball by her kids and hit the brakes all of a sudden ect. there wouldn't have been sufficient room to avoid an accident. There is a large misnomer that people with training can drive poorly because they are better trained and while they may be better equipt in a high speed pursuit or in a rain or adverse conditions if you are following to close and a soccer mom slams on the breaks your gonna hit her, especially if you are looking at your computer in your car and not straight ahead which i see all the time.
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #65
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,542

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





I love threads like this,lol poor guy gets the knocked off and it turns into a politically correct bs debate on wether cops are good drivers or not. they are people just like you and me...yes some of them are bad drivers...it happens.... can we all move on now?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #66
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,805

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
Dude you are the one that flew off the handle,
Uh, no, I didn't. I don't think any of you have seen me "fly off the handle" yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
You seem to equate members post counts to there riding ability, age and or training level, which is a pretty large mistake. I am not a "Punk Kid" as you have grouped me into in fact it has been almost 8 years(knock on wood) since my last traffic citation of any kind so don't throw me into the 150mph on 610 club without knowing anything about me as well.
Like I told the other guy- if the shoe doesn't fit, then I'm not talking to you Not sure where all of yours and the other guy's hurt feelings are coming from, but you should really get over it. If I don't say "hey (specific named person) you are ______", and it's a general statement that doesn't apply to you, take it that way, mkay?
For 's sake, gotta walk around on egg shells around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
I said they are bad drivers and to further solidify my point I watched a hpd officer this morning changing lanes back and forth inches away from the other traffic and changing multiple lanes at the same time. Not going any were fast or to a scene just changing lanes poorly , following to close and not leaving himself an out if anything were to happen. If one of the cars would have had a blowout or a mom hit with a soccer ball by her kids and hit the brakes all of a sudden ect. there wouldn't have been sufficient room to avoid an accident. There is a large misnomer that people with training can drive poorly because they are better trained and while they may be better equipt in a high speed pursuit or in a rain or adverse conditions if you are following to close and a soccer mom slams on the breaks your gonna hit her, especially if you are looking at your computer in your car and not straight ahead which i see all the time.
That doesn't "solidfy" anything, like Witchdoctor said, there are incidents and there are some bad drivers. I guarandamntee that there are more "civilian" bad drivers than there are PO who are "bad drivers". Take a look at them for a change.

Crimenitly!

I'm out.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #67
Old School RR
Senior Member
 
Old School RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belton, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,061

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list








Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Its a new day...im over it. How is everyone.
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy