MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
HMP 1/8 Sunday 12.09.07

Last minute; some are meeting in Woodlands for some grub and headed to HMP off the beltway 5ish.

Look for us there...

Everyone welcomed...
__________________
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W Meet @ Chulas! EVERYONE welcomed Sunday 09/09/12 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 28 09-10-2012 11:43 AM
Sunday forest ride 12/20/09 MudBug Events, Meets and Rides 162 12-22-2009 04:47 AM
Dallas vs Houston at HMP 09/06/09 peruvian Events, Meets and Rides 5 08-31-2009 07:40 AM
Sunday 12/16/07 STUNT DAY del240z Stunters Lounge 12 12-16-2007 10:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
redd4211
Senior Member
 
redd4211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 124












Send a message via AIM to redd4211 Send a message via MSN to redd4211 Send a message via Yahoo to redd4211
i will be there. Black R1 on trailerwith black ford f150. stop by.
__________________
05 Yamaha R1 raven
07 Ford F-150 FX2 Sport
James 832-397-0890
RIP Matt forever Godspeed
redd4211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Rode all day again so.............had to take the wife shopping and out to dinner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by redd4211 View Post
i will be there. Black R1 on trailerwith black ford f150. stop by.
Saw U out there man. Thats a nice bike!

I had the red 954rr. I kept missing 2nd all night.. On my last run I look down only to notice that I broke my left rear set and everytime I tried to shift it was moving the whole peg with the shifter

Got .04 off of my best time though. So at least I know I am semi consistent
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,350

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar954r View Post
Saw U out there man. Thats a nice bike!

I had the red 954rr. I kept missing 2nd all night.. On my last run I look down only to notice that I broke my left rear set and everytime I tried to shift it was moving the whole peg with the shifter

Got .04 off of my best time though. So at least I know I am semi consistent
What were you running? Stock height or strapped?
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
What were you running? Stock height or strapped?
Strapped front. Other than that.. just like I run it on the street. Ran an 02 zx12 on my first run and the guy only got me by a length or two so I wasnt feeling too bad. Almost like running a busa

Best of the night
1.84 60'
7.02@104

previous best
1.88 60'
6.98@105

All other runs were low 7's and had a few wheelies and mishaps off the line. I was all over the place trying to stay consistent and play with the launch

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 12-10-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,350

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Just keep practicing.....short bikes are hard to ride....1.84 60' isn't too bad starting out.... You need to get to a 1/4. A lot easier to judge everything...
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Just keep practicing.....short bikes are hard to ride....1.84 60' isn't too bad starting out.... You need to get to a 1/4. A lot easier to judge everything...
when I master the 1/8th (mid 6's?) then the rest is easy
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #9
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,350

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar954r View Post
when I master the 1/8th (mid 6's?) then the rest is easy
IF you were to lower it, strap it, go -1 on the front sprocket and practice, you should go some 9.70s-9.80s@around 140-142mph or so..... I don't remember what that would be in the 1/8, probably like a 6.30 or so at 112-115. You are gonna need a high 1.50-low 1.60 60's.

Drag racing is very addicting....Just remember to change your oil more often, keep your clutches fresh and occassionaly pull off the oil pan and check the oil pick up screen for blockage(clutch fibers). You shouldn't have to worry about that for a little while though since you are not sliding the clutch that much yet.
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat
 
Mark06gsxr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,276


Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
IF you were to lower it, strap it, go -1 on the front sprocket and practice, you should go some 9.70s-9.80s@around 140-142mph or so..... I don't remember what that would be in the 1/8, probably like a 6.30 or so at 112-115. You are gonna need a high 1.50-low 1.60 60's.

Drag racing is very addicting....Just remember to change your oil more often, keep your clutches fresh and occassionaly pull off the oil pan and check the oil pick up screen for blockage(clutch fibers). You shouldn't have to worry about that for a little while though since you are not sliding the clutch that much yet.
Preciate the info

Next season I will prob be hitting up HMP every sunday if I can. Then get a leather suit and head out to HRP for the real test..
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy