MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #61
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I don't think he put any words in to your mouth. Should we cut-n-paste all the posts where you show empathy for the criminal and disdain for the police? That would be a loooooong post.
I'm not really concerned how my posts are (mis)interpreted. I'm using common sense and I'm saying that If I were in charge I would've nixed that operation in a heartbeat. It's a waste of time and resources.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont Ask, Dont tell...and Lady Gaga morvegil The Circus 2 09-25-2010 10:26 AM
This is why I dont run from the Cops Cornerjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 05-21-2010 05:08 PM
You dont grind....... you dont shine tonyt915 Off Topic 27 06-30-2009 10:30 PM
dont run from the cops in Pearland FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-29-2005 01:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #62
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

glad your not in charge..........lol
Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #63
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

LOL at mr. happy!

Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #64
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
glad your not in charge..........lol
Ditto. You'd have every person in the country sitting behind bars.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #65
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Common Sense.. lol
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #66
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

^ right, thats what i was thinking. it's not as common as we think it is.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #67
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Common Sense.. lol
What's that mean? You want to get personal?

Your posts have consisted of one-liner responses with no explaination and no reference to the topic. Let's hear your opinion on the subject since you have more sense than I do. How would you justify the $3K bicycle operation?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #68
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
.... What if the homeowners thought it was a home invasion and opened fire on the officers?
I am curious about that same scenario....??? This is not the first time this happens. You are sleeping and suddenly your door and bedroom window explodes while some masked men jump into your bedroom. What will happened when you grab your gun....??? You and your wife will be death before you are able to aim to the intruders...!!! I personally sleep with my 1911 next to my bed table in "Condition 1" and next to my wife bed table is her .410 shortened shotgun. I'm pretty sure we both die in that situation.

PoPoRider and his co-workers has nothing to do with this and he's a nice guy...!!!
I need to be honest and say that I also do NOT like Cops and I think 90% are bad Cops...specially the old guys...!!! But the Cops that ride and are members of this board are very cool and will always give you a break because they are also riders and share our love for Motorcycles and riding.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #69
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
I am curious about that same scenario....??? This is not the first time this happens. You are sleeping and suddenly your door and bedroom window explodes while some masked men jump into your bedroom. What will happened when you grab your gun....??? You and your wife will be death before you are able to aim to the intruders...!!! I personally sleep with my 1911 next to my bed table in "Condition 1" and next to my wife bed table is her .410 shortened shotgun. I'm pretty sure we both die in that situation.

PoPoRider and his co-workers has nothing to do with this and he's a nice guy...!!!
I need to be honest and say that I also do NOT like Cops and I think 90% are bad Cops...specially the old guys...!!! But the Cops that ride and are members of this board are very cool and will always give you a break because they are also riders and share our love for Motorcycles and riding.
Cops that don't ride do not have an understanding for sportbikers and always quick to judge.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #70
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Thanks Zapata... I think...
Old 11-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #71
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
How would you justify the $3K bicycle operation?
Again, identify your resource for this. I still contend that likely, as most departments do, they used a recovered stolen bike, donated bike (like from a local bike shop), or an un-claimed property bike for the sting. I'd bet that the City didn't buy the bike. That would be unusual.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #72
MadseasoN

Quote:

Alright I may have digressed a little. I was under the impression that the original post was just a rant and not a real topic.

You can't say 'I don't like Cops' because of the story that was cited. Officers that are following orders from their department or following the PD's procedures don't have a choice. Would you say 'I don't like soldiers' because you're against the War?

The real complaint is with the leadership and procedures, not the people doing the job.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #73
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I need to be honest and say that I also do NOT like Cops and I think 90% are bad Cops...specially the old guys...!!!
And they "all" think that you are a lousy hood rat stunna terrorizing the street too.

Come on, stereo types like yours are no better than the ones you accuse "them" of using.

Grow up.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #74
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
What's that mean? You want to get personal?

Your posts have consisted of one-liner responses with no explaination and no reference to the topic. Let's hear your opinion on the subject since you have more sense than I do. How would you justify the $3K bicycle operation?
In order to decide if it was justified or not one would have to know how many arrests and convictions where made and the nature of the offenses that were able to charge people with, this includes outstanding warrants and other charges that could be tagged.. such as drug possession etc.
Let us also NOTE the subject title and the initial post. Which would take this beyond the mere 'bicycle' sting now wouldn't it?
In particular to the 'bike' again... the high value of the bike allows them to go after them with a stronger offense. This helps get word out, people become less likely to just stroll off with a bike they find lying around (or being stolen by cutting chain etc)....again justification depends on effect/impact compared to previous level of the problem. Now what if the homeowners association covered some/all cost for this also...that would further adjust the 'justification' of resources also now... woulnd't it.

COMMON SENSE would tell you the simplest assessment isn't always the best or most accurate.

"

Last edited by Ulric; 11-21-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #75
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
In order to decide if it was justified or not one would have to know how many arrests and convictions where made and the nature of the offenses that were able to charge people with, this includes outstanding warrants and other charges that could be tagged.. such as drug possession etc.
Let us also NOTE the subject title and the initial post made by yourself...which would take this beyond the mere 'bicycle' sting now wouldn't it?
In particular to the 'bike' again... the high value of the bike allows them to go after them with a stronger offense. This helps get word out, people become less likely to just stroll off with a bike they find lying around (or being stolen by cutting chain etc)....again justification depends on effect/impact compared to previous level of the problem. Now what if the homeowners association covered some/all cost for this also...that would further adjust the 'justification' of resources also now... woulnd't it.

COMMON SENSE would tell you the simplest assessment isn't always the best or most accurate.
Well said.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:38 PM   #76
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Why keep lumping everyone into catagories. All cops aren't bad and all cops aren't good. They are just all cops. I've met some a-holes and some professionals and some genuinely nice and concerned cops. They are individuals just like the members of this board.

What I dislike is getting the sermon and the citation. One or the other is fine but not both.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #77
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years

Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #78
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

..I'll elaborate a tad too..

What some define here 'dislike' is often coming across more
as an irrational hatred.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #79
MadseasoN

Quote:
Let us also NOTE the subject title and the initial post. Which would take this beyond the mere 'bicycle' sting now wouldn't it?

"
The purpose of the sting was to curb bicycle thefts. This was explicity mentioned on the program. If the purpose was to entrap common people so that you can investigate their backgrounds or search them then I'd have to say that's totally unconstitutional. Again - chain the bike to a bike rack or leave it in someone's front yard and it's a totally different story.

The value of the bike was another item that I took issue with. Most bicycles cost $100, not $3K. A felony for walking off with a 'found' bicycle is a bit extreme wouldn't you say? Again, we're talking COMMON SENSE here. The COMMON SENSE approach is to use personal responsibility - lock up your bicycle. Don't leave it on a street corner or behind a convience store. The police have better things to do besides watch over your bicycles.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #80
90 5.0
frequent crasher

Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600

I didn't read the whole thread but/

If she had come out of her apartment they probly wouldn't have tear gassed her .

my .02
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement