MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #61
fly_737

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 r6

i admit to nothing
Dainese Alien (perf) vs. Dainese Racing typehxr1 Gear Talk 3 05-07-2011 11:53 AM
is it fake? Kodak Off Topic 6 05-05-2009 01:12 PM
has to be fake SVmike Off Topic 18 02-05-2009 10:04 PM
Fake or not.. AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-21-2008 12:39 AM
cool but fake rob78 Off Topic 13 08-29-2007 08:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #62
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuDog View Post
... I'm going to go turn off all my lights and cry naked in the corner now for a little while.

ROTFLMAO

That was very funny...!!! but sorry to hear about the fake Dainese. Have you also contacted Dainese regarding this issue...?? Maybe they can shutdown that guy and put him on jail.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #63
FuDog

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Haha. Sorry man, didn't mean to out you.
FuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #64
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
C&D pays in 2 dollar bills.

Anyway Tony says that he wants in on this Alaska ride we're planning for next summer. You in Leo?

I'll need a bike first..got a spare?

BTW, PM me your number, I lost my phone and all my contacts...
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #65
projektsol
flickr:rtranphotography

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
05' 600RR

Send a message via AIM to projektsol
thanks for the info
projektsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #66
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2017 Kawasaki Z125

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
I'm going to go turn off all my lights and cry naked in the corner now for a little while.
that sucks....on top of all of this you dont even have clothes to wear.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #67
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
that sucks....on top of all of this you dont even have clothes to wear.
I'm happy to report that I am wearing clothes again and a threatening letter to the seller convinced him to take the jacket back and give me all my money back plus shipping expenses.

I also contacted Dainese and Ebay/Paypal. Ebay is sending me his information. Dainese requested that I send them his info so they can take legal action.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #68
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Wow man that's great I hope you get some resolution here!
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #69
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

Quote:
...I also contacted Dainese and Ebay/Paypal. Ebay is sending me his information. Dainese requested that I send them his info so they can take legal action.
Great...!!!! He has more DAINESE gear at his online shop and I bet is all "knock-offs" made in China.

Lets hope DAINESE takes him out of business.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #70
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

Quote:
I'm happy to report that I am wearing clothes again and a threatening letter to the seller convinced him to take the jacket back and give me all my money back plus shipping expenses.

I also contacted Dainese and Ebay/Paypal. Ebay is sending me his information. Dainese requested that I send them his info so they can take legal action.
Good job on handling the situation. By contacting Dainese you are helping to protect other riders that might not know the difference until they hit the ground and the suit comes apart.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #71
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Here is my dialogue with the seller over the paypal dispute center:

Fudog:
The jacket that you sent me not only has minor damage already but it is an imitation Dainese jacket. I have purchased Dainese brand gear for years now and can tell the difference. The leather used on this jacket is different and cheaper. The stitching is also of poor quality. The jacket does not use Dainese buttons and even the brand name logo stitched on the front is flawed. I am a police officer so I know my legal options in this matter. However, if you will simply take the jacket back and refund my $425, plus return shipping fees I will leave the matter alone. If this comes as a surprise to you I would check with your source for Dainese gear. They are selling you fakes and ruining your reputation. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you also did not know the jacket was fake when you sent it.

From Seller: Trends Ent
I HAD MADE A SPECIAL ORDER FOR YOU WITH THE DISTRIBUTOR OF THIS STUFF. I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY IMITATION. WE OFFER 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. BUT SINCE IT WAS A SPECIAL ORDER THATS WHY I HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO DISTRIBUTOR. AND IT WILL COST ME $50.00 IF YOU WANT SEND THE JACKET BACK TO ME AND I WILL REFUND YOU $400.00

Fudog:
I have already spoken to Dainese. They have not released that jacket to ANY stores yet. You should check the validity of your distributor. The jacket is undoubtedly fake. The logo is not even correct. Either refund all my money plus $15 for return shipping or I will press charges.

From Seller: Trends Ent on 11/16/2007 15:19 PST
Accoring to my distributors this jacket is still not available in usa market thats why i got it for you from european market. But anyways i understand what your situation is i will feel the same way like you if i were you.You can return the jacket and i will
give you your whole money back.

Fudog
According to Dainese, the jacket has not even been released in the European market. Assuming you are telling the truth, your distributor is cheating you and making you look bad. I will need the $425 plus whatever it costs me to ship it back to you. I think it is only fair that I should not have to pay money to return something that is fake. What address would you like the jacket shipped to? I appreciate you being cooperative. Thank you.

From Seller: Trends Ent on 11/17/2007 10:39 PST
Sorry but our policy don't offer return shipping on items returned to us. So just send us the jacket back for a refund.

Fudog:
Oh really? Your store policy may not offer return shipping? Unfortunately the LAW states you cannot sell people imitation items. You selling me a FAKE jacket is ILLEGAL. Why should I have to spend any money returning a fake item to you when I was the victim? How would you feel if you sent somebody $425 for a name brand item and then they send you an imitation? THEN they expect you to spend money out of your own pocket to send it back? That is unfair and, in some circles, is known as bullshit.
I want the $425 refunded to me BEFORE I send the jacket back. If no effort has been made to pay me back promptly I will go ahead with pressing charges, reporting your information to Dainese so that THEY may press charges, I will finish reporting you to the Better Business Bureau and then I will be sueing you for fraud and for endangering lives. Dainese jackets are protective gear. If someone crashes in one of your cheap, imitation jackets and hurts themselves or dies because their gear didn't protect them... I just want you to be fair. You sold someone a fake jacket. Take it back and pay for the shipping. I don't think I am being unreasonable.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #72
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

The guy selling the items is most likely a drop shipper he has probably never seen the items. He also probably does not ride. All of the gear that he has posted came directly out of a drop shipping catalog. They get sent from the distribution center on his behalf. Usually from China.

I am glad you are taking proper steps though as the drop shipper that is making this stuff and selling it needs to be properly punished. I would hate to see such a good company like dianese have there reputation ruined because of fake jackets not providing the necessary protection that riders are expecting.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #73
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Well i want him to pay me back BEFORE i send his jacket back. i am not going to suck anything up. it isnt the money, its the principal. i spoke with dainese already and they had me send pictures of the jacket to them. honestly, i would rather get these people shut down even if that means i wont be getting my money back. someone is going to get hurt wearing this trash one of these days. it isnt like a fake gucci purse. people put this stuff on to protect them. ill let you guys know what happens. sorry for any grammar/punctuation mistakes. typing this on a phone =P
Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #74
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Well i want him to pay me back BEFORE i send his jacket back. i am not going to suck anything up. it isnt the money, its the principal. i spoke with dainese already and they had me send pictures of the jacket to them. honestly, i would rather get these people shut down even if that means i wont be getting my money back. someone is going to get hurt wearing this trash one of these days. it isnt like a fake gucci purse. people put this stuff on to protect them. ill let you guys know what happens. sorry for any grammar/punctuation mistakes. typing this on a phone =P
yeah, stick it to em.
<- sick and tired of all the cheap chinese flooding our country.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #75
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
<- sick and tired of all the cheap chinese flooding our country.
YEAH. I hate walmart too!
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM   #76
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I have seen lots of knock offs in countries that I have been to. But I have not seen to many of them make it over here. Some of this junk does fall through the cracks though. Hope you still get your money back anyway. I think you are reasonable in the way that you are handling the situation personally.

I am willing to bet that the guy is not sleeping good at night right now wondering what the ramifications for his actions will be. You play you pay, some guys have to be knocked over the head with this fact to learn.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #77
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Hope it all resolves itself in the end. soory it had to happen to you. One thing I did notcie, is that I've seen this same Dainese suit for sale by other Sellers on e-bay. This guy's feedback goes back to October, but I know I've seen this same auction well before October.

I always suspected it was a fake, and mojo is probably right that the Seller is selling from a drop-shipper and had never seen the items he sells. He's likely an entrepeneur who signed on to some contract to sell these leather items. The real bad guy is the guy at the top of the chain, which is probably some enterprise in China. I'm sure there are other people selling this stuff that have no idea what they're selling may be illegal.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #78
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

This guy has seen the jacket. The distributor shipped it to him before he shipped it to me. However, I do believe it is possible he does not know the jacket is fake. If that is the case, he is a victim too and won't get in trouble in the end.

Here is his info:

SHAWN ARSHAD

6310 CORSAIR ST

COMMERCE CA, 90040 USA

TEL: 1-323-888-8856

FAX: 1-323-888-8859
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #79
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
This guy has seen the jacket. The distributor shipped it to him before he shipped it to me. However, I do believe it is possible he does not know the jacket is fake. If that is the case, he is a victim too and won't get in trouble in the end.

Here is his info:

SHAWN ARSHAD

6310 CORSAIR ST

COMMERCE CA, 90040 USA

TEL: 1-323-888-8856

FAX: 1-323-888-8859
Oh, I agree 100%. He is the guy you were dealing with directly, so he's the only one you know to go after. If he is a victim too, then you're correct as well, and they will go after the big guy (which will benefit us consumers in the end).
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:00 PM   #80
FuDog

Bike(s):
2007 R6, 2002 GSX-R 600

Well, if anyone is still interested, everything is basically resolved. I got a full refund for the jacket, though I am still working on getting him to pay me back for return shipping. Am I being a little beeyatch about it? Yes, I am. But I just don't think its fair to have to pay $11 of return shipping when the guy sent you something fake.

Dainese's legal department followed up on the information I gave them. The seller has stopped selling all the fake Dainese stuff and apparently the fakes are being manufactured out of some factory in France.

Advertisement