MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
affordable oral surgeon/dentist?

i got a wisdom tooth that has me praying to meet my maker. i need to get this fokker pulled out soon.

i dont have insurance and im not made of money either.

places ive been calling are asking like $700-$800

i suspect the tooth will have to be surgically removed, not pulled cause it is partially impacted.

anyone know of a reasonable or at least affordable office that can do this for me? i know you dont want to be cheap when it comes to needing a surgeon but im out of options.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most affordable neighborhoods for Houston renters NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 10-07-2014 08:00 AM
Affordable Front Rotor Recommendations dudleyfire General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-28-2014 12:21 PM
How much will you have to pay for affordable health care? NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-24-2013 05:40 PM
oral surgery help Andros Off Topic 8 02-09-2012 08:34 AM
Home Affordable Modification Program Mala Lingua Off Topic 3 11-28-2010 01:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

If you can leave for two days, I seriously recommend going down to the Mexican boarder. My mom got major work done on her teeth and paid 1/3 of what she would've had to pay here and the quality was the same if not better.

She did stay in a motel and paid for gas, of course, but it still came out way cheaper.

PM me if you are interested in a phone number and name down there.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #3
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
i got a wisdom tooth that has me praying to meet my maker. i need to get this fokker pulled out soon.

i suspect the tooth will have to be surgically removed, not pulled cause it is partially impacted.

anyone know of a reasonable or at least affordable office that can do this for me? i know you dont want to be cheap when it comes to needing a surgeon but im out of options.

not sure.. but i think Southern Dental has a payment plan... dont know their doctors.. check for diplomas...
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

If you want to stay in Houston, try Dr. Jeffries 281 463 3003

He is on Hwy6, just north of I-10.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i finally got to talk to a receptionist that didnt think she was better than everyone else cause her boss drives a porsche. they refered me to delores mora 281 391 8882, who is in katy. $40 for an evaluation, and that includes an x-ray. not sure what the procedure will run if she can do it, but that sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Look around, I got paid to do mine. I can't remember the name of the company that did it, but they pay for you to test pain medicine. Not some crazy stuff, but they took a pain medicine i'm familiar with and added an ingredient off tylenol. I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, including the laughing gas, all i had to do was take their pill and let them know when the pain kicked back in. I think I made $120 for the day, and had to dedicate 8hrs to them. From the minute I went under the gas, till i was walking out was 15 minutes, I sat in a recliner watching TV while they came around with fresh gauze, applesauce, drinks etc. Not a bad deal.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

http://www.premier-research.com/eng_...dom_Teeth.aspx

Here is one.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post

we have affordadent, it saves a bundle on dental care if you like I can pm you thier # and it goes into effect immediately so you would not have to put off your visit.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
If you can leave for two days, I seriously recommend going down to the Mexican boarder. My mom got major work done on her teeth and paid 1/3 of what she would've had to pay here and the quality was the same if not better.

She did stay in a motel and paid for gas, of course, but it still came out way cheaper.

PM me if you are interested in a phone number and name down there.
I'm interested . PM sent.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement