MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #41
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

this just in -

"Green Light on Red Light Cameras
As expected, the Houston City Council passed the ordinance allowing for issuing of civil citations for those who turn Right on Red, without stopping. The city is also adding 19 additional cameras to intersections that already have cameras, just aimed in the other direction. In other exciting red light camera developments, the city also voted to pay up to $175 K for outside counsel to fight a lawsuit by bondsman Michael Kubosh.

Posted by Miya Shay on August 29, 2007"
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schlitz, Wine coolers, Boone's, MD 20/20, Malt Liquor, Miller Light, Bud Light... Helios Off Topic 32 03-05-2012 06:12 PM
why wouldn't you support red light cams? craigntx Off Topic 70 09-15-2010 07:16 AM
Red Light Cameras to Catch Illegal Turns Pat General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 10-10-2007 08:40 AM
Red Light Cams! MACK Off Topic 23 08-30-2006 01:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #42
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
And there you go again with your mindless ageism . Age is not necessarily the determining factor when dealing with responsibility. But since you're "old folk" you already know this, right? What am I saying? , you know everything. Silly me.
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #43
OJgsxr

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
2008 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to OJgsxr
Well the only problem I have with red light cameras is where does it stop. Soon they are planning on implementing speeding cameras in Texas (I am pretty sure they have been implemented in other states). Where does it stop. Pretty soon there will be cameras in all public places making sure there aren't any murders. Then they will try and move them into your house.

Granted this is an extreme example but I just wanted to prove a point. Got to fight it now and kill it before it grows into a much larger monster.
OJgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

+1.

.. and before you know it - Houston has a 'Pre-Crime' division.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #45
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

... there's a 2 second overlap of red in both direction on the lights at hardy toll road & fm 1960.

Yet, invariably every couple months, there's an accident. In rush hour traffic, I often have to wait 2-3 seconds after my light is green before it's 'clear' to enter and pass through the intersection.

So what's the local pd supposed to do to make you happy?
Let it go? Hire more traffic officers or put up a barricade that raises & lowers with the lights?
Old 08-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #46
andrave

I must be the only one who still looks both ways before entering intersections, even ones with green lights.
if a light just turns green i expect that there will be a few red light runners in the intersection, especially when I'm on my bike.
you have to anticipate and be ready to react (ie, slow down, look both ways).
I too slam on my brakes for yellow lights now... I'm not gonna get an f'in ticket.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #47
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned

Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.

Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
I think we all know our responsibility as a driver, to stop for a red light, and yes if I get a picture taken of me then I will pay, but I see this as the first steps to turning us into the UK where they have cameras on every corner. I don't want our government watching every move I make. (For instance If im walking down the road and don't see a cop, Im going to light up a joint. I know it is wrong and I can go to jail for it, but thats my choice). I can see how the cameras can help too, but you choose to run that yellow and hope it doesn't turn red so that way you can maybe make it home a minute or two earlier. If you get into an accident it was your choice to run that light and you will pay for it the hard way at that point. And so will the other innocent person you hit, but that will teach them to make sure to look both ways and slow down at intersections anyways. I know I take extra time and look like a hawk when I come to an intersection expecially on my bike. They help and hurt, but in my opinion I still don't think we should be watched, think about it, what kinda life is it like if your being watched all the time?:/:
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #48
Schmitty
um... i like beer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gixxer 750
06 Honda 300EX
09 extreme 125cc pit bike

Member Garage

I don't care if the cameras watch me. I speed and i'm willing to accept the ticket if i get caught. No big deal. I have punched the gas on a yellow and gotten away with it when it clearly turned red before i crossed the line. And i've also been caught once. I have a buddy that was on his bike in downtown and he ran into the side of a car that was running the red light. He was already in the intersection and it was too late to do anything. Luckily he wears his gear and he just injured his neck, but it will heal. Now i hit the brakes when it turns yellow. You can tell if you can safely stop or safely proceed through the intersection when the light turns yellow. If someone runs into the back of my truck when i stop at a red light then I get a new bumper or maybe a new truck. I also hurt my neck and make some money out of it. But ,if i'm on my bike then all i can do is hope they don't hit me. It's part of riding a bike.
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #49
Bean
you like apples?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35725

Need I say more!?
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #50
Bean
you like apples?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

Just because our heads are protected by a lid doesn't give us a license not to use them.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #51
Joe T

Bike(s):
Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
i got an effing ticket @ bay area and el camino for hitting a yellow light and it turned red when i was in the middle of the intersection the pos still took a pic and mailed it to me =\ 75 bucks 1 month ago
I've seen that one nab a couple people and I was like WTF. Guy rolled through on a right hand turn, no traffic to be worried about and it flashed on him
Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #52
Joe T

Bike(s):
Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJgsxr View Post
Well the only problem I have with red light cameras is where does it stop. Soon they are planning on implementing speeding cameras in Texas (I am pretty sure they have been implemented in other states). Where does it stop. Pretty soon there will be cameras in all public places making sure there aren't any murders. Then they will try and move them into your house.

Granted this is an extreme example but I just wanted to prove a point. Got to fight it now and kill it before it grows into a much larger monster.
x2
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #53
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
If you don't want fines and tickets don't break the law.

If you don't like the laws, change them - become a lawyer, run for office, etc. Sitting at your computer and whining to a MC forum won't create change.

If you think we should be a "free society" without laws or consequences for breaking them, that's called anarchy. It doesn't work. Crime would be so rampant every store would close and every business would go under. Everyone would be unemployed, homeless, and without posessions.

Follow the rules or don't play the game.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #54
Number5

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave View Post
I'm not ok with this , too much of big brother watching and all that . I like the idea that its all legal till you get caught by a cop...
if you really wanted to you could put gps and in every car and automatically give em tickets for speeding and stuff... this just takes things another step towards that being a reality. Look at great britian they are under such a cluster **** of license plate readers, speed cameras, and redlight cameras that you can barely drive without getting some kind of ticket, and their rates of accidents and deaths haven't declined at all.
Any word on if Canada or Mexico are still safe?

Not that I *endorse* speeding, and I certainly don't advise running red lights, but I'm with ya about the Big Brother feeling. I just commented yesterday that with the way kids are so used to random searches with no right to privacy in a school that by the time they grow up, they'll think nothing of cops busting through the door in the night to search without a warrant.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #55
Joe T

Bike(s):
Monster

Yeah, they start "developing" you when you're young.

Even people my age are brain washed... If you have a dissenting opinion from popular perception people look at you like you are a leaper... Actually opens up lots of opportunity to exploit people IMO. Teach your kids to think for themselves and except the risks of living in an open society.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 AM   #56
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

Just take your license plate off. Problem solved. gah!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 AM   #57
andrave

lol, that only works on bikes. and only as long as you don't run out of gas and don't stop for coffee.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #58
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
Yeah, they start "developing" you when you're young.

Even people my age are brain washed... If you have a dissenting opinion from popular perception people look at you like you are a LEAPER... Actually opens up lots of opportunity to exploit people IMO. Teach your kids to think for themselves and EXCEPT the risks of living in an open society.
...well, based on ^, opinion isnt why people are looking at you.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #59
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post
I think we all know our responsibility as a driver, to stop for a red light, and yes if I get a picture taken of me then I will pay, but I see this as the first steps to turning us into the UK where they have cameras on every corner. I don't want our government watching every move I make. (For instance If im walking down the road and don't see a cop, Im going to light up a joint. I know it is wrong and I can go to jail for it, but thats my choice). I can see how the cameras can help too, but you choose to run that yellow and hope it doesn't turn red so that way you can maybe make it home a minute or two earlier. If you get into an accident it was your choice to run that light and you will pay for it the hard way at that point. And so will the other innocent person you hit, but that will teach them to make sure to look both ways and slow down at intersections anyways. I know I take extra time and look like a hawk when I come to an intersection expecially on my bike. They help and hurt, but in my opinion I still don't think we should be watched, think about it, what kinda life is it like if your being watched all the time?:/:
i don't care if cameras watch me, it reinforces the choice to not do anything illegal.
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 AM   #60
Joe T

Bike(s):
Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
...well, based on ^, opinion isnt why people are looking at you.

Late night, can't spell, etc..