Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-15-2016, 02:12 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2016 Sepang race two results
The Kentucky Kid takes his first World Superbike victory in Malaysia
AMERICA'S Nicky Hayden has won his first ever World Superbike race at Sepang today in very difficult weather conditions followed by Davide Giugliano and reigning World Superbike Champ Jonathan Rea.
Sunday's racing at Sepang saw the sun replaced with rain and the weather conditions worsened before the World Supersport Race which was to be followed by the World Superbike race two.
Race two was declared a wet race and all riders took a steady start off the grid through Turn 1 and 2. Tom Sykes, Rea and Alex Lowes were joined by Honda rider Hayden from the second row before Turn 2. Hayden is notably a veteran at the Sepang International Circuit from his MotoGP days and was soon setting the pace.
It was Kentucky Kid Hayden that had the confidence in the inital laps with Rea remaining behind in second as Lowes and Sykes struggled to match the pace. The top three had settled into a rhythm, but the second Aruba.it Racing Ducati rider David Giugliano began to set the fastest laps of the track. He soon caught his team-mate and title contender Chaz Davies.
The Welshman became underfire by the Italian and soon ploughed on through setting his sights on Hayden. Giugliano came home in second after the late charge and with Rea managing to pass Davies the Welshman came home in fourth.
Honda’s Michael van der Mark moved up from his tenth grid position to end the race in sixth after a spectacular last corner against Alex De Angelis with the Aprilia rider making good progress from his starting position as he is still recovering from injuries.
Syles, after starting from pole, struggled with the conditions in race 2 and crossed the line in eighth whilst Anthony West, replacement rider for Sylvain Barrier at Pedercini, lived up to his reputation in the wet conditions and finished fifth which gives the team their best results of 2016.
Leon Camier came home ninth in the wet on Sunday afternoon with Markus Reiterberger completing the top ten for Althea BMW after a mechanical problem forced the German to retire in race 1 on Saturday. Pata Yamaha rider Alex Lowes crashed out of race 2 and has been diagnosed with a closed fracture of his collarbone.
The next World Superbike round takes place in two weeks as the paddock now heads to Donington Park for Round 7.
Race two results:
1. Nicky Hayden USA Honda World Superbike Team 16 Laps
2. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing - Ducati +1.254
3. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing Team +3.684
4. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing - Ducati +5.720
5. Anthony West AUS Pedercini Racing +15.989
6. Michael Van Der Mark NED Honda World Superbike Team +19.979
7. Alex De Angelis RSM IodaRacing Team +20.028
8. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing Team +23.011
9. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta Reparto Corse +24.045
10. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW Racing Team +25.139
11. Xavi Forés ESP Barni Racing Team +25.208
12. Joshua Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW +25.835
13. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW Racing Team +26.757
14. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Team +30.729
15. Josh Hook AUS Grillini Racing Team +1:05.347
16. Gianluca Vizziello ITA Team GoEleven +1:17.761
17. Luca Scassa ITA VFT Racing +1:18.121
18. Pawel Szkopek POL Team Tóth+1:31.412
19. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Racing Team +2:07.000
20. Saeed Al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Racing+2:08.836
21. Imre Tóth HUN Team Tóth +1 Lap
DNF. Alex Lowes GBR Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team
DNF. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW
WSB 2016: Assen race one results
WSB 2016: Assen race two results
WSB 2016: Imola race one results
WSB 2016: Imola race two results
WSB 2016: Phillip Island race one results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2016 Sepang race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-14-2016 01:30 PM|
|WSB 2015 Sepang race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-02-2015 12:00 PM|
|WSB 2015 Sepang race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-02-2015 11:21 AM|
|WSB 2014 Sepang race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-08-2014 01:40 PM|
|WSB 2014 Sepang race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-08-2014 01:40 PM|