Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-03-2016, 01:40 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2016 Oulton Park race one results
Race results from the second round of the British Superbike Championship
LEON Haslam has returned to the top step of the British Superbike Championship podium in the opening race at Oulton Park after holding off Christian Iddon to cross the line 0.103s ahead.
At the start of the race team-mate James Ellison had launched off the line to take the lead ahead of Honda Racing’s Jason O'Halloran and Dan Linfoot plus Jack Kennedy on the Team WD-40 Kawasaki with Haslam holding fifth from his pole position start.
Haslam made a key move on Kennedy into Lodge on the third lap to gain another position closer to his first podium finish of the season. A few laps later, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider made the same move on Linfoot.
At the front Ellison had been building an advantage, but by mid-distance the chasing pack had closed in with Haslam now at the front of the second group with Linfoot and O’Halloran in close contention. Iddon had also picked up the pace and tagged onto the group as the battle for the podium intensified.
By lap 13 Linfoot was ready to make his move and jumped ahead with a move on Haslam on the run through Island with Ellison dropping to third behind his team-mate. Linfoot had begun his final charge, but a mistake at Hizzys cost him dearly as he crashed out of the lead just two laps later.
Haslam then led the pack from Iddon and Ellison who had O’Halloran for company in the fight for the top three. The race winner would come down to the last lap and Haslam held the initial advantage, but Iddon was pressing hard and the pair almost collided at Island as they both pushed for the win.
Iddon tried everything possible, but it was Haslam who held the slight advantage out of Lodge for the final time to score his first victory of the season.
Ellison finished on the last step of the podium with Jason O’Halloran and Alastair Seeley crossing the line fourth and fifth respectively.
Race one results:
1. Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki 18 laps
2. Christian Iddon GBR Tyco BMW +0.103
3. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +2.644
4. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +7.750
5. Alastair Seeley GBR Royal Air Force BMW +14.162
6. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +14.682
7. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki +19.710
8. Shane Byrne GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale +24.796
9. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +26.506
10. Billy McConnell AUS FS-3 Racing Kawasaki +34.773
11. John Hopkins USA ePayMe Yamaha +38.074
12. Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +40.858
13. Glenn Irwin GBR Be Wiser Ducati Panigale +41.135
14. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +42.761
15. Tommy Bridewell GBR Bennetts Suzuki +47.223
16. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +55.332
17. Stuart Easton GBR ePayMe Yamaha +1:04.938
18. Jakub Smrz CZE Smiths Racing BMW +1:05.102
19. James Rispoli USA Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha +1:10.717
20. Filip Backlund GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +1:22.415
21. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +1:32.211
22. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1 lap
23. Aaron Zanotti GBR Platform Hire Yamaha +1 lap
DNF. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Bennetts Suzuki
DNF. Michael Dunlop GBR Buildbase BMW
DNF. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing
DNF. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Smiths Racing BMW
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha
DNF. Vittorio Iannuzzo ITA Gearlink Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race two results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race one results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BSB 2016 Oulton Park race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-03-2016 01:40 AM|
|BSB 2015 Oulton Park race three results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-06-2015 01:22 PM|
|BSB 2015 Oulton Park race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-04-2015 09:10 AM|
|BSB 2014 Oulton Park Race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-05-2014 03:10 PM|
|BSB 2014 Oulton Park Race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-05-2014 11:00 AM|