Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-03-2016, 01:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2016 Aragon race one results
Kawasaki Racing duo Rea and Sykes take to the podium once again
CHAZ Davies has given the Ducati team their first win of the 2016 season in Aragon with Kawasaki Racing duo Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes finishing on the next two steps of the podium.
Clear blue skies and warm temperatures started the third round of the 2016 World Superbike season with Sykes getting the best start from pole position with team-mate Rea starting from fifth on the grid.
The two Ducati's of Davies and Giugliano set their sights onto Rea as the trio battled over third as Sylvain Giuntoli and Sykes pulled away, but it was Davis who managed to bridge the gap to take the lead form Sykes with 15 laps remaining.
Yamaha's Alex Lowes unfortunately dropped down the order after a difficult start to find himself just outside the top ten whilst team-mate Guintoli struggled with the pace and dropped back to 9th as both Yamaha's continue to improve on the all new YZF-R1. Lowes, however, made a comeback to take eighth whilst Guintoli finished ninth.
Michael van der Mark and Nicky Hayden, who started 10th and 11th respectively, both had a great start to race one and placed themselves in the midst of the action. Van der Mark unfortunately crashed out at Turn 5 with 15 laps to go which left Hayden to attack the Yamaha of Guintoli and the Ducati of Giugliano to eventually cross the line in sixth.
Xavi Forés was the fastest Spanish rider on his 1199 Panigale R and took the fight to fellow Ducati runner Giugliano to take fourth with Jordi Torres also making fantastic progress up the grid and fighting his BMW into 7th place just behind Hayden.
MV Agusta rider Leon Camier suffered a technical issue which meant he was forced to retire early on. Aprilia duo Lorenzo Savadori and Alex De Angelis took their IodaRacing machines to two more points finishing 10th and 11th. De Angelis is also still recovering from recent surgery.
Race one results:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 18 laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing +4.168
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +4.948
4. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati +12.723
5. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +13.151
6. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing +21.117
7. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW +22.112
8. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha +25.575
9. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha +28.941
10. Lorenzo Savadori ITA IodaRacing Aprilia +34.956
11. Alex de Angelis RSM IodaRacing Aprilia +35.075
12. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki +37.310
13. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW +37.442
14. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW +37.731
15. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW +52.270
16. Sylvain Barrier FRA Pedercini Kawasaki +56.295
17. Matthieu Lussiana FRA Team ASPI BMW +67.602
18. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Kawasaki +95.691
19. Peter Sebesteyen HUN Team Toth Yamaha +95.746
20. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth Yamaha +1 lap
21. Saeed al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki +2 laps
DNF. Matteo Baiocco ITA VFT Ducati
DNF. Josh Hook AUS Grillini Kawasaki
DNF. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC
DNF. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing
WSB 2015: Championship standings after Aragon
WSB 2016: Championship standings after Phillip Island
WSBK 2016: Championship standings after Buriram
WSBK 2015: championship standings after Phillip Island
WSB 2015: Championship standings after round two
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2016 Aragon race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-03-2016 01:50 PM|
|WSB 2016 Phillip Island race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-28-2016 06:22 AM|
|WSB 2015 Aragon race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-13-2015 01:31 AM|
|WSB 2015 Aragon race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-13-2015 01:31 AM|
|WSB 2014 Aragon race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-13-2014 10:10 AM|