Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-04-2016, 06:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Ioda and de Angelis make World Superbike switch with Aprilia
MotoGP outfit IodaRacing will switch to the World Superbike Championship in 2016 after agreeing a deal that will also keep Aprilia machinery on the grid this season
MotoGP outfit IodaRacing will switch to the World Superbike Championship in 2016 after agreeing a deal that will also keep Aprilia machinery on the grid this season.
Champions in 2014 with Sylvain Guintoli, Apriilia scaled back its World Superbike involvement in 2015 after entrusting its effort to the privateer Red Devils Roma outfit, but looked set to pull backing altogether for 2016 as it turned its focus to its revived MotoGP effort.
Despite this, WSBK organisers Dorna retained two RSV4s on lease – and the rider services of Superstock 1000 rider Lorenzo Savadori – to offer to a team willing to run them, with IodaRacing duly stepping forward to take over the manufacturer's interest in the series.
In doing so it also brings MotoGP podium winner de Angelis, who will make his World Superbike debut in 2016, alongside fellow debutant Savadori, who won last year's Superstock 1000 title on Aprilia machinery.
The deal also means seven manufacturers will continue be represented in 2016, with Yamaha returning the series at the expense of Suzuki.
2016 provisional World Superbike entry list:
66. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R
7. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R
34. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R
12. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R
61. Fabio Menghi ITA VFT Ducati 1199R
69. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing CBR1000RR
60. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing CBR1000RR
22. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1
50. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha R1
10. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth Yamaha R1
56. Peter Sebestyen HUN Team Toth Yamaha R1
2. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta F4 RC
81. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR
21. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR
25. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW S1000RR
17. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW S1000RR
9. Dominic Schmitter SUI Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R
16. Josh Hook AUS Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R
40. Roman Ramos ESP Go Eleven Kawasaki ZX-10R
20. Sylvain Barrier FRA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
11. Saeed Al Sulaiti QAT Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R
15. Alex de Angelis RSM Ioda Aprilia RSV4
32. Lorenzo Savadori ITA Ioda Aprilia RSV4
This article was originally published on our partner website Crash.net.
Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.
De Angelis to replace Edwards for the rest of the season
Alex de Angelis 'critical' after MotoGP FP4 crash
Aprilia Racing reveals 2012 RSV4 WSB
'That' Alexis de Angelis Moto2 crash
De Angelis signs for Scot Honda Moto2
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSBK - de Angelis, Ioda to WSBK in Aprilia tie-up||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-03-2016 08:10 AM|
|MotoGP - de Angelis makes Aprilia Ride Smart-GP debut||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-16-2015 04:21 AM|
|WSBK - Alex de Angelis set to make WSBK switch||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-18-2014 05:50 AM|
|Aprilia Racing Team Doubles at Magny-Cours World Superbike||NewsBot||Industry News||0||10-08-2014 02:30 PM|
|WSBK - Aprilia boss talks World Superbike future||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-09-2014 08:50 AM|