MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

EBR gone for good.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...=boosted-posts
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New EBR Naked Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-11-2014 01:58 PM
EBR to enter WSBK NewsBot Racing News 0 12-13-2013 05:20 AM
Shorai Parterns With EBR darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 09-05-2013 01:43 AM
Just In!!! EBR 1190RS jwood636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 01-10-2013 05:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Not sad and not surprised.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Buelligan

Bike(s):
2008 KTM Superduke 990R
2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2012 Triumph Street Triple

Had a few of Erik's bikes over the years, they were always a fun bike to ride and play around on in the twisties. Oh well.......
Buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
uknow

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2016 ktm 500exc
2014 ktm 690 duke (sold)
2009 CRF450r (sold)
2006 CRF250r (sold)

at first i thought you meant EBR "the moto shop in league city" and i was like yep wouldn't surprise me.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1997 XR400 TARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknow View Post
at first i thought you meant EBR "the moto shop in league city" and i was like yep wouldn't surprise me.
Lol right. I got excited there for a minute.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #6
QuickMick
League City

Bike(s):
XR650L SUMO
Zuma big bore hittin 62mph
Square Nose SJ
B1
B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknow View Post
I thought the same thing. The shop that absolutely does not know what customer service is.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #7
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Check some of the other articles. And, no, it's not. LAP is currently looking for investors to restart the company. I've spoken with them myself and got them in contact with Richard Branson/Virgin.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #8
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Been following the stock market lately? Seems big investors are selling rather than buying.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #9
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Just waiting on the fire sale so I can buy parts on the cheap. I doubt the company will make a return in the current market climate.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #10
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
Just waiting on the fire sale so I can buy parts on the cheap. I doubt the company will make a return in the current market climate.
Buy all the parts you need forever I guess
1st it's fast bikes and bad assN in leathers now it's a closet queen in search of fulfillment > you are loser without hope of salvation ... that you would suggest anyone could need or want you in accommodation belies the fragile lonely twit that you are
Repth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #11
Rttoys
Insurance poor

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
08 Ducati Hypermotard

aaannnddddddd back again?????

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2016/...press-release/

When we tested the 1190RX at Indy, we were impressed. Erik Buell Racing had done it … produced a competitive American superbike. Then it all went wrong, and we thought EBR was gone.

The insolvency proceedings produced more than one buyer, most recently Liquid Asset Partners, which promised to resume production. Out of the blue, we received the following press release earlier today stating production starts now, March 1. Have a look:

EAST TROY, WI – Get ready to throw a leg over the ‘American Sport Bike,’ turn the key, and twist the throttle! EBR Motorcycles resumes production beginning March 1 with a stable financial plan in place from Liquid Asset Partners. The new company, EBR Motorcycles, LLC, will start with production of 2016 1190RX and 1190SX motorcycles. The first bikes are scheduled to roll off the line March 17 with a Press Day for approved media. The public, Buell Nation, and EBR fans are invited to attend the EBR launch party on March 18 at the EBR motorcycle factory on Buell Drive in East Troy, WI. There will be free food, an EBR team ‘meet and greet,’ tours of the production line, and other events at venues in the historic downtown village of East Troy, WI.

“This would not be possible without the EBR team. All the credit goes to them for waiting out the storms during the last year,” said Bill Melvin Jr. “Now the clouds have cleared; EBR is able to shift into gear knowing that it has financial stability, a profitable multi-year plan, and a 5-10 year vision. We feel there is still room for new partnerships or investment, but it is not critical. EBR is on solid ground and moving forward. We are turning the key and twisting the throttle!”

“I am really looking forward to the launch and the press day. I have dedicated my life to this and want to get the word out on how great our motorcycles are,” said Erik Buell, Founder and CTO.

Ed Laben, Director of Sourcing said, “It is so good to see the factory coming back to life! The energy, talent, and enthusiasm of this team are unparalleled, and I can’t wait for the world to see what’s coming down the road.”

The next steps for EBR Motorcycles are to identify the 2016 top US dealers and to work closely with them for the re-launch. Riders can prepare to buy from these premier dealers, helping to grow and solidify EBR Motorcycles in 2016. Information on EBR’s aggressive new 2016 MSRP, warranty for 2016 bikes, and plans for racing will be forthcoming next week.

New Management Positions at EBR Motorcycles Include:
•Steve Smith: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
•Bill Melvin Jr.: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
•Erik Buell: Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
•Kim Tordik: VP of Business Operations
•Ed Laben: Director of Sourcing
•Dan Hurda: Director of Engineering

Anyone interested in EBR Motorcycles or dealership opportunities should visit www.EBR.com.

Any press parties interested in attending Press Day on March 17, please contact Marissa@LiquidAP.com.

Concurrently on March 18, assets excess to current factory production will be sold through a public liquidation run by Liquid Asset Partners for approximately 30 to 45 days (excess machinery, equipment, tools, excess race assets, and excess parts). This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a piece of history at the factory level.

Anyone interested in more information about the EBR partnership, investment opportunity, or purchasing assets that are excess to current production should visit www.LiquidAP.com.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #12
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

whats the deal with that one guy who was "living and breathing this acquisition" touted as a con working as a security guard prior to his bid for the manufacturing assets?
Old 03-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #13
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Not sad and not surprised.
aMerican Junk......wrong motor...wrong Company...wrong bike = xBueller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	91225  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #14
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'17 Triumph Thruxton R
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Yeah the Buell blast was a POS. I test rode the XB9's and the XB12's.
They had great chassis but the motor was a lump. Just when you were expecting the top end rush, it ran out of breath and it was time to shift.

I always thought if they put a revvy, high rpm v-twin in that chassis they'd have a winner. Ducati beat them to it with the streetfighter, IMHO.

Then they came out with the 1125. First time I saw one was at MSRH. I had a GSXR750 at the time and I was shocked I could NOT out run that thing.
Granted I aint fast but I thought, since I was closing on him in the turns, I could outrun him down the straights and pass at the next corner.
Nope. I couldn't beleive that a Buell was that fast.

Then I did a demo ride on the EBR 1190RS. I thought, "Wow, they got somethin' here"!

It's a real shame that Harley folded right on the verge of EBR making it. I think they had a real chance.

Maybe they will again.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'11 HD Softail Fatboy
'06 HD StreetRod VRSCR

Member Garage

EBR back in business.

They are back in business:

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016/03/01...-the-throttle/
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 06:03 AM   #16
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
z1000

also see article in this issue (mar/apr) Road Racing World...looks like EBR will end up being an example of american business failure because each reincarnation is financially worse than the previous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	91254  
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #17
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

It is interesting how people who owe their entire lives and livelihood to the American economy are always trashing the place. If you don't like it, you can take a train, plain or automobile out.

As for EBR... I found the bike to be bullet proof after dealing with a coupe early issues. Its gear WAY too tall. Even still a oversized total noob like me can hustle it around MSRH in the 1:52s on street tires without really pushing it. Very easy to ride. I got a chance to ride one with 3+ in the rear and it was like a whole different animal, brutally quick but tough to keep the front end on the ground.

It sucks all the way around. Had they released this bike in 2011 when they wanted to HD would have had a world beater, but the constant delays, fits and starts, now see it just barely holding its own against 200hp monsters. Still 170rwhp is nothing to sneeze at. I'm bidding my time to see what EBR LLC will do next.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #18
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I'm really hoping for the "third times a charm" on this one. I want nothing more than to race one, but feel crashing one would be too costly. So I'll do the next best thing and buy one for the street 😎
Seriously, I've been around motorcycles for a long time and there isn't a single bike out there that evokes such excitement as the EBR. To me, anyways. I can't walk by one without stopping to ogle over it. Every time I see Classax at the track, I walk over to his bike and closely examine it. I'm sure I make him a little nervous and probably weird him out, but it's just that nice of a bike.

While the whole WSBK stuff was cool, I wish they would've just focused on racing here in the states. I think it was too much too soon. And we all know how that ended.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:17 PM   #19
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
z1000

x bueller

i've had 2 buells....lightning TT and Ulysses.....the TT was a bitchn beast >buell full race exhaust ,bar mirrors stripped of plastic plates ....now the - bad : broke two belts 1st broke riding Bandera twisties at 2500 mls 2nd broke when i was riding away from the harley shop after they FIXED the the first belt....the mech was a good friend and i'd swear it wasn't his fault on belt 2........the dealer had a Ulysses and i got the bike on a deal for the TT.......Ulie had major heat issues, mirror fell out of the mount, AND the fly screen shimmied its bolts loose>shop replaced fly screen and about a week later i was exiting I10E on the bw8 ramp and the new screen came off and clocked me on the forehead blood everywhere(i know idiot w/o helmet) i saved it and rode straight to the dealer.......same bs they kept the bike and sent me home on a Blast!!! i went back the next day and me and my mech friend BOLTED the a modded screen on and it stayed on til the bike was sold...NEXT i wrote BUELL and reported the screen bolt issue... a month later i got a reply thanking me for buying BUELLS ?! and some decals... the ulysses is gone but the decal is still on my truck.....ALL in ALL: TT=B, ULYSSES=C- Harley support=F(c0wboy in austin & bmt) all this happened in 07 08
Old 03-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #20
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

The Sportser mill simply wasn't designed for the kind of riding the xb chassis promotes. Buell really needs a smashing engine to really make all the great chassis elements come together. and Doc Gonzo I don't get weirded out, track family is among the best kind of family there is.

Advertisement