Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|09-20-2015, 03:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2015 Jerez race one results
The 2015 World Superbike Champion has been crowned
THE OPENING race of the Spanish World Superbike round was won by Kawasaki Racing Team’s Tom Sykes whilst team-mate Jonathan Rea sealed his first World Title by finishing in fourth.
As Sykes took his 60th World Superbike career podium finish, Rea took his first World Title – an impressive day for the Kawasaki Racing Team.
With the knowledge of the Championship title just around the corner, Rea did not want to risk making a mistake at Jerez this weekend. PATA Honda’s Michael van der Mark overhauled Rea and claimed his third podium of the year ahead of the new World Champion and Leon Haslam who was in contention despite starting down the grid from 11th.
Michele Pirro finished 6th ahead of Voltcom Crescent Suzuki’s Alex Lowes, Matteo Baoicco, Leon Camier and the outgoing champion Sylvain Guintoli.
Rookie Jordi Torres made life difficult for himself after running off track at the start on-board the Red Devils Aprilia, but rejoined in 18th before finally finishing 12th – 4 seconds adrift of David Salom who won the accolade of finishing top Sanish rider.
Niccolo Canepa started off strong and placed as high as 4th in the early stages before losing the front of his Duati Panigali at Turn 6. The Italian was able to rejoin and finished in 17th.
Race one results:
1. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing
2. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati +2.865
3. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike +6.665
4. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing +9.059
5. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia +9.318
6. Michele Pirro ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +10.466
7. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +15.945
8. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati +18.020
9. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta +18.654
10. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike +19.510
11. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki +24.441
12. Jordi Torres ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia +29.247
13. Leandro Mercado ARG Barni Ducati +37.933
14. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki +35.768
15. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia +40.147
16. Randy de Puniet FRA Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +40.275
17. Niccolò Canepa ITA Althea Ducati +45.846
18. Gabor Rizmayer HUN Team Toth BMW +75.451
19. Alex Phillis AUS Grillini Kawasaki +1 lap
20. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW +1 lap
21. Christophe Ponsson FRA Pedercini Kawasaki +3 laps
22. Gianluca Vizziello ITA Grillini Kawasaki +3 laps
WSB 2015: Aragon race two results
WSB 2015: Aragon race one results
WSB 2015: Assen race one results
WSB 2015: Assen race two results
WSB 2015: Imola race one results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2015 Jerez race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-20-2015 03:40 PM|
|WSB 2015 Misano race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-21-2015 11:00 AM|
|WSB 2014 Jerez race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-08-2014 02:00 AM|
|WSB 2014 Jerez race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-08-2014 01:30 AM|
|WSB 2013: Jerez race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-21-2013 05:25 AM|