Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|09-13-2015, 11:30 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Wexler: Five bold predictions for Texans opener
The Houston Texans open their 2015 NFL season against the Kansas City Chiefs at NRG stadium in Houston. Here are five bold predictions about Sunday's game.
1. Jadeveon Clowney will have the first sack of the season for Houston.
J.J. Watt had 20.5 sacks last season and is the franchise leader with 57 sacks and he will get to Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith, too, but Clowney will get the first one.
Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said during the week that Clowney's play count will be watched closely, but wasn't sure of what they would limit him to in his first game action since microfracture surgery in December 2014.
Clowney did not have a sack during his rookie season. He only played in parts of four games.
2. The Texans will not stop the Chiefs ground game - until they reach the red zone. Jamaal Charles will put up better than 100 rushing yards, but will not reach the end zone in short yardage.
3. The Chiefs will complain about the playing surface - oh, wait they already did.
By the way, it's the 133rd home game for the Texans, including preseason, regular season and postseason and the complaints have been throughout the 13, now 14 seasons - yet the grass surface and the pallet system used to put it in place remains the same.
4. The Texans most effective running back will be someone other than Alfred Blue. Blue will start for the injured Arian Foster, but the offensive line for Houston may have issues up front with the Chiefs.
So expect Jonathan Grimes and Chris Polk to play a bunch and be used for their shiftiness and abilities to be utilized as pass catchers out of the backfield or lined up out wide.
5. J.J. Watt will have not one, not two, but three WOW plays. A turnover, an offensive score, a sack and salute - some combination of all those things will hit the Chiefs offense today.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wexler: Texans 53-man roster prediction||NewsBot||Sports||0||09-02-2015 01:50 PM|
|Clowney expected to be ready for Texans opener||NewsBot||Sports||0||08-26-2015 12:20 PM|
|Texans prepare for Saturday?s preseason opener||NewsBot||Sports||0||08-13-2015 02:10 PM|
|O'Brien looks to bright side after Texans dismal opener||NewsBot||Houston - Local News||0||08-10-2014 04:30 PM|
|Texans VS Patriots predictions||ninenine||Off Topic||25||01-14-2013 12:26 AM|