Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|06-09-2015, 11:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
IOMTT Superstock TT race one results
Ian Hutchinson claims his second TT victory of 2015
Photo: Andre Bernard - Londonbikers
BINGLEY bullet Ian Hutchinson has won his second consecutive race of the week in the Superstock class this afternoon and obliterated the race record by 32 seconds at this year’s Isle of Man TT.
Riding a Paul Bird Motorsport Kawasaki, Hutchinson took control of the race at half race distance after the pit stop and eventually took the chequered flag 20 seconds ahead of early leader Michael Dunlop. Northern Ireland’s Lee Johnston made his podium debut in third by 0.27s from James Hillier.
It was Dunlop who set the early pace and by Glen Helen he had a 1.1s lead ahead of Hillier with Hutchin in third, Guy Martin fourth ahead of Johnston and Gary Johnson. By Ramsey, the Ballymoney man still had the lead and added a second onto that with Hutchinson then relegating Hillier to third.
Dunlop set an opening lap speed of 130.932mph with a 1.6s advantage from Hutchinson. Martin was 3.3s behind and all three completed over 130mph laps with Hillier, Johnston and Hickman completing the top six.
The gap remained the same for the first half of the second lap, but Hutchinson began to catch Dunlop up and the gap came down to 0.8s at Ramsey. The MD Racing BMW rider responded and as they came into the pits, the lead was back up to 1.9s. Gary Johnson was reported to have retired in Parliament Square, Ramsey
Hutchinson’s team decided to change his rear tyre whilst Martin lost a significant amount of time when the Tyco BMW failed to fire back up again. The Lincolnshire rider did manage to get away but lost around 32 seconds and was now eighth seconds adrift of Johnston who posted his first 130mph lap of the Mountain course.
The change of rear tyre worked wonders for Hutchinson and he took the lead at Glen Helen by 2.7s from Dunlop. As the Bingley rider continued, his advantage began to extend to almost ten seconds as he went onto his final lap of the Superstock TT race.
Martin dropped down to seventh after his poor pit stop and it was Hillier who was being dragged along by Dunlop on the road pushing him up to third ahead of Johnston, Hickman and Australian David Johnson.
Hutchinson increased his lead all the way round the final 37¾ mile course to cross the line 17.2s clear to claim his tent TT victory. Dunlop settled for second, but the battle for third went on until the chequered flag with Johnston grabbing it by 0.27s ahead of Quattro Plant Kawasaki’s James Hillier.
His second time at the Isle of Man TT and Hickman claimed fifth position with his fellow BMW riders Johnson and Martin following him home in sixth and seventh respectively.
The three Hondas of John McGuinness, Bruce Anstey and Conor Cummins completed the top ten.
Race results – top 20:
1. Ian Hutchinson Kawasaki / Paul Bird Motorsport Ltd 01:10:05.298 129.197
2. Michael Dunlop BMW / MD Racing 01:10:22.437 128.673mph
3. Lee Johnston BMW / East Coast Construction / Burdens 01:10:30.677 128.422mph
4. James Hillier Kawasaki / Quattro Plant Muc-Off Kawasaki 01:10:30.947 128.414mph
5. Peter Hickman BMW / Briggs Equipment UK BMW 01:10:50.444 127.825mph
6. David Johnson BMW / Smiths Racing 01:11:00.805 127.514mph
7. Guy Martin BMW / Tyco BMW Motorrad Racing 01:11:10.217 127.233mph
8. John McGuinness Honda / John McGuinness/EMC 01:11:35.129 126.495mph
9. Bruce Anstey Honda / Valvoline Racing by Padgetts Moto 01:11:47.731 126.125mph
10. Conor Cummins Honda / Jackson Racing 01:11:50.172 126.053mph
11. Michael Rutter BMW / Penz13.com Bathams 01:11:53.302 125.962mph
12. Dan Kneen Honda / Valvoline Padgetts Honda 01:12:09.576 125.489mph
13. Dean Harrison Yamaha / Mar-Train Racing 01:12:16.958 125.275mph
14. Ivan Lintin Kawasaki / RC Express Racing 01:12:34.395 124.773mph
15. Daniel Cooper Honda / Dan Cooper Racing/Space Centre 01:12:52.536 124.256mph
16. Russ Mountford Kawasaki / Silicone Engineering Racing 01:12:52.620 124.253mph
17. Martin Jessopp BMW / Riders Motorcycles BMW 01:13:04.191 123.925mph
18. Alan Bonner Kawasaki / thepeoplesbike.com 01:13:14.178 123.644mph
19. Ryan Kneen Kawasaki / Charmer Builders Ltd 01:13:14.255 123.641mph
20. Daniel Hegarty Kawasaki / Downshift/Team ILR 01:13:19.764 123.487mph
IOMTT: Senior race results
IOMTT: Thursday's practice session
IOMTT: Friday's practice session
Martin & William remain with Tyco for 2015
IOMTT: Supersport race 2 and TT Zero results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|IOMTT Senior TT race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-13-2015 10:00 AM|
|IOMTT Lightweight TT race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-13-2015 09:20 AM|
|IOMTT Superbike TT race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-08-2015 05:20 AM|
|IOMTT Supersport race 2 and TT Zero results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-04-2014 02:10 PM|
|IOMTT Superstock race 1 results||NewsBot||Industry News||0||06-03-2014 11:00 AM|