Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|06-09-2015, 04:53 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
IOMTT Sidecar race 1 results
The Birchalls take their second TT win
THE BIRCHALL brothers won their second Sidecar race at the Isle of Man TT on Monday, 25 seconds ahead of John Holden/Dan Sayle.
The duo won in a new race record time with Conrad Harrison/Mike Aylott taking third. Pre-race favourites Dave Molyneux/Ben Binns retired at Brandish while Tim Reeves/Patrick Farrace retired on the opening lap.
At Glen Helen on the opening lap it was Holden/Sayle who led by just half a second from the Birchalls with Molyneux/Binns a further second back. Harrison/Aylott were fourth ahead of Reeves/Farrance but the latter were soon out having retired at the top of Barregarrow.
Molyneux went to the top of the timing boards at Ramsey, but only by 0.003s. Holden/Sayle were a further half a second behind the Birchalls. Harrison/Aylott remained in fourth, but dropped more time to 11 seconds. Ian and Carl Bell moved up to fifth.
There was further drama on the opening lap as Molyneux/Binns stopped at Brandish to make adjustments and the Birchalls ended the lap in the lead with a speed of 115.285mph. Holden/Sayle moved up two seconds, five seconds behind, with Harrison/Aylott third ahead of the Bells.
Molyneux was then reported as having retired at Brandish corner with fellow Manxmen Karl Bennett/Lee Cain also out at Douglas Road Corner in Kirk Michael. The Birchalls continued to push on and at Glen Helen they had extended their lead to eight seconds over Holden/Sayle with Harrison/Aylott dropping further back to third, 19 seconds adrift.
Holden had brought the deficit down to six seconds but the Birchalls responded with a lap speed of 116.060mph – the second fastest lap of all time. They increased their lead to 13.5 seconds as they started their final lap.
Holden set his personal best of 115.240mph with the most successful TT sidecar passenger Dan Sayle, putting them 25 seconds clear of Harrison/Aylott. The the top six was rounded out by the Bells, Bryan/Winn and Founds/Peters, the latter lapping in excess of 111mph in just their second year at the TT.
The gap between the Birchalls and Holden remained constant all the way round the first half of the last lap but the Birchalls eventually crossed the line a comfortable 24.1 seconds ahead for their second TT win in three years. Holden took his 12th TT podium. For Sayle, it was his ninth rostrum, the most ever recorded by a passenger at the TT.
Harrison/Aylott were secure in third, the Bradford driver taking his ninth podium in the last 10 races. The Bells took fourth ahead of Founds/Peters and Bryan/Winn, the gap between the last two just 0.007s.
Gary Knight/Jason Crowe, Rob Handcock/Aki Alto, Matt Dix/Shaun Parker and Wayne Lockey/Mark Sayers rounded out the top 10.
Race results – top 20:
1. Ben Birchall / Tom Birchall LCR / Manx Gas Racing 58:39.776 115.770mph
2. John Holden / Dan Sayle LCR / Silicone Engineering/Barnes Racing 59:03.889 114.982mph
3. Conrad Harrison / Mike Aylott Shelbourne Honda / Printing Roller Service 59:35.636 113.961mph
4. Ian Bell / Carl Bell LCR / Ian Bell Motorcycles 01:00:36.205 112.063mph
5. Alan Founds / Tom Peters LCR Suzuki / Trusland/PME 01:00:56.899 111.429mph
6. Gary Bryan / Jamie Winn Baker / GBM UK / Drury Eng / Bass Tyres 01:00:56.906 111.429mph
7. Gary Knight / Jason Crowe DMR Kawasaki / Redline Superbikes with D 01:01:42.389 110.060mph
8. Matt Dix / Shaun Parker Baker Yamaha 01:02:10.797 109.222mph
9. Robert Handcock / Aki Aalt Baker / Maddockhire 01:02:11.953 109.188mph
10. Wayne Lockey / Mark Saye Ireson Honda / Real Racing 01:02:19.958 108.954mph
11. Tony Baker / Fiona Baker-Milligan Suzuki / Cumbria Express 01:02:29.144 108.687mph
12. Steve Ramsden / Matty Ramsden LCR / Ramsden Racing 01:02:37.249 108.453mph
13. Michael Grabmuller / Manfr Yamaha / POLIZEIISPORTVEREIN WELS- 01:02:49.463 108.101mph
14. John Saunders / Robert Lu Shelbourne / Stapletons Tyre Services 01:02:51.183 108.052mph
15. Gordon Shand / Frank Clae Honda / TEAM SHAND RACING 01:03:23.955 107.121mph
16. Colin Buckley* / Robbie Sh Suzuki / Carl Motorsport 01:03:41.100 106.640mph
17. Dwight Beare / Noel Beare LCR / Clive Coates Racing 01:03:44.338 106.550mph
18. Estelle Leblond / Sebastien SGR / Racingside 01:03:49.569 106.405mph
19. Remy Guignard / Frederiqu Honda / Honda Nantes Moto/Sinibaldi 01:04:12.973 105.758mph
20. Gregory Lambert / Kenny C Honda / GLR Sidecars/Golden Fleece York 01:04:32.781 105.217mph
Molyneux takes Sidecar TT double
IOMTT: Sidecar race 2 and Lightweight TT results
TT Centenary: Mad King Molyneux
Molyneux & Farrance win Sidecar TT
Isle of Man TT: Saturday's practice session
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|IOMTT Sidecar race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-11-2015 04:33 AM|
|IOMTT Sure Sidecar TT Race 2 Results 2015||NewsBot||Industry News||0||06-11-2015 04:13 AM|
|IOMTT Supersport race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-10-2015 10:20 AM|
|IOMTT Sidecar race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-09-2015 11:10 AM|
|IOMTT Sidecar race 2 and Lightweight TT results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-06-2014 10:40 AM|