Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|06-08-2015, 04:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2015 Portimao race one results
Rain in Portugal sees the first flag to flag race of the season
JONATHAN Rea has won his first wet race at Portimao this weekend after fighting once again with his team-mate Tom Sykes for the win.
Twenty action packed laps at Portimao saw the first flag to flag race of the 2015 season with Rea taking his ninth victory of the season in the opening road of the day.
Rea came home 9.384s ahead of his team-mate Tom Sykes and Aruba.it’s Chaz Davies who completed the podium.
For the first 14 laps, the Kawasaki pair diced with each other for the lead until, with 6 laps to go, the rain began to fall. Everyone except Sykes went into the pits to change to wet tyres which Sykes eventually did too.
The duo continued to fight it out until Sykes made a mistakes allowing Rea to complete his 24th career win.
Sykes finished 2nd ahead of Chaz Davies after a huge battle with Aprilia’s Leon Haslam in the early stages.
Davide Giugliano finished in 4th whilst last year’s Championship winner Sylvain Guintolli finished in 5th, Matteo Baiocco 6th.
Ayrton Badovini brought the BMW Motorrad Italian entry home in 7th ahead of Leandro Mercado.
Michael van der Mark recovered to 9th after an off track excursion ahead of 10th placed Alex Lowes who also ran off track before the rain began to fall.
Jordi Torress finished in 11th. The rookie just beat his team-mate Leon Haslam who fell and re-joined on his first lap after changing to wets.
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +9.384
3. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati +13.753
4. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +27.818
5. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike +28.141
6. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati +39.665
7. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia +40.829
8. Leandro Mercado ARG Barni Ducati +43.401
9. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike+59.025
10. Jordi Torres ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia +1:01.388
11. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +1:02.769
12. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia +1:04.152
13. Randy de Puniet FRA Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +1:39.537
14. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki +1:43.681
15. Nico Terol ITA Althea Ducati +1:45.940
16. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki +1:49.326
17. Niccolo Canepa ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1 lap
18. Christophe Ponsson FRA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1 lap
19. Gabor Rizmayer HUN Team Toth BMW S1000RR +1 lap
20. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW S1000RR 5 laps
DNF. Santiago Barragan ESP Grillini Kawasaki
DNF. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta
Sykes frustrated due to lack of traction
WSB 2015: championship standings after Imola
WSBK 2015: championship standings after Donington Park
Jonathan Rea joins Sykes at Kawasaki for 2015
Jonathan Rea: “I’m just enjoying my moment”
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2015 Portimao race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||06-08-2015 04:10 AM|
|WSB 2015 Imola race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-11-2015 01:00 AM|
|WSB 2015 Aragon race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-13-2015 01:31 AM|
|WSB 2014 Portimao race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||07-06-2014 10:50 AM|
|WSB 2014 Portimao race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||07-06-2014 10:50 AM|