MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Dub_B83

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Unhappy STUPID F*ING TRAFFIC

OK I'm not going to type in all caps, but boy do I want to... I was just forced off the road on my bike! I mean WTF! No injuries, minor cosmetic damage, but still WTF! Here is what happened... Going north on a small side road and a semi truck/trailer in oncoming traffic decided to use my lane as his lane in a sharp turn. I don't even think he saw me, he sure didn't slow down or stop. I slowed down and got as close to the shoulder as I could. I caught a slippery patch and lost traction and whoop, I'm on my in no time flat. Pics of damage to follow. No injuries, just pride. I only broke off my swing arm slider, can anyone weld it back on for me? I wear my gear, and my gear didn't even get a scratch on it. Ruined a pair of work khakis though. I didn't get any of his info but was told by a cop that it didn't matter anyway. Be safe out there boys and girls.

Last edited by Dub_B83; 06-19-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: left out a detail... sue me
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
%$#&ing stupid day urbanXJ Off Topic 15 02-03-2015 07:24 PM
Traffic Lawyers........stupid ticket ChrisGo Off Topic 10 11-04-2010 06:29 PM
STUPID TRAFFIC OFFICER lightlord General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 06-03-2010 03:31 PM
Sony Releases Stupid Piece Of That Doesn't ****ing Work Prodigy Off Topic 12 02-19-2009 12:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

MSF?:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Yeah, I had MSF Cliff, you funny man! I'm going to take the pictures now... The cop said there was no collision, and without a collision it is a single vehicle accident.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Oh yeah! FRAME SLIDERS FTW!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

would have been worse is if the cop ticketed you for "Failure to control speed"
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
jus10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
Yeah, I had MSF Cliff, you funny man! I'm going to take the pictures now... The cop said there was no collision, and without a collision it is a single vehicle accident.
so basically, I'm hearing...."get hit or pay for it yourself." That's some bullshit if I've ever heard it. If someone swerves in your lane and causes a wreck, are they not accountable for it? Oh wait, this is the new america, we don't take accountability here....sorry to hear about your get off, glad you're good.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas
would have been worse is if the cop ticketed you for "Failure to control speed"
+1 to that! I think he understood, by looking at the road and damage to the bike, that I was going below the speed limit and did everything I could. Bike started back up fine and I drove it home to cry about wrecking my new paint job. BTW crash tested some Pit-Eck bodywork, it is confirmed that it is build like at the mounting points.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
so basically, I'm hearing...."get hit or pay for it yourself." That's some bullshit if I've ever heard it. If someone swerves in your lane and causes a wreck, are they not accountable for it? Oh wait, this is the new america, we don't take accountability here....sorry to hear about your get off, glad you're good.
Yeah, that is what I heard to. I had him fill out a report though so I can claim insurance :icon_bigg and use the money for a steering dampner. I may talk to Tony about touching up the paint after I fix my fiberglass, but at this point I'm just going to ignore the cosmetics. The cop said that if the driver stopped and admitted that it was his fault that would help me. That was about it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
jus10

Quote:
The cop said that if the driver stopped and admitted that it was his fault that would help me. That was about it.
well of course....just like if the driver had stopped and given you $500, that would help too, but how likely is that? Oh well, do what ya can dude.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #10
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
glad nothing serious happened to ya

YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #11
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:

BS

he could get failure to maintain a lane.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

good to hear it wasn't too serious.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #13
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Here are the pics...

I'll see what my insurance says about it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Ride like you are invisible.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #15
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Thread jack - Traffic does suck

Yesterday our paycheck company didn't deliver our paychecks by 3:00 like they're supposed to. When I called, they told me that they had forgotten to turn them over to the courier service.

Meanwhile I had 40 employees standing around being at me cus they thought it was my fault the checks didn't come. So at 4:55 I jumped on the bike and ran from the Med Center to I-10 and beltway east and back in less than an hour.

I was truly squiding it up. Folded the mirrors and rode the stripe between cars parked on the freeway all the way up 288, 59, out 10 and back.

I carried the big envelope of paychecks under my jacket, and sweated enough that a couple of them will have to be reissued. :BangHead:

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Ride like you are invisible.
I'll take pics of the corner, and if I was invisible I would be dead... I doubt the road was designed for semi trucks, it barely can fit 2 cars... I know that MSF line by heart, and you can see that I have posted it in the past. This is just more of a reason to fix it for the track only... Screw Houston streets!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #17
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

If you didn't get hit then criminally he isn't liable but in a civil court, you could recover some money. That is if you have a case. I have been in this situation 2 times. One was an 18 wheeler that pushed me off the road in my truck and another when a cop blew a redlight and I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting him and I got slammed. I got paid from the person that hit me but it was really the cops fault. IAD is investigating him.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #18
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

bdmpastx, I hear you man... Some things are your fault just because you are at the wrong place at the right time. About IAD, that is a jokie, cops arresting cops... Ha ha ha, they all cover each others even when they are in the wrong. Thanks for the understanding guys... As you can guess, I'm really bummed out at the moment.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #19
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

Quote:

WTF o F that!!!! i had a cop tell me to "Stear it and Clear it" once when some one threw/ got ride of some trash out their window i dodged it and it hit his unmarked patrol car. he let me go because he didn't have anything on me plus we sorta tried to catch the litter guy but i didn't want to miss my exit. I was like dude does it look like i have any cup holders to hold a coke to throw at you.

Failer to maintain lane, driving in mutiply lanes. endagnerment to others, reckless driving. there is Plenty of you could of gotten the other driver.

Thank your Angel for watching you that day.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #20
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Nah I was on that side road next to teh "Sparkle Sign" factory. I can never remember the road name, but it dumps out onto the feeder.