Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|05-11-2015, 01:00 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2015 Imola race one results
Race one red flagged restart shortened to only 6 laps
KAWASAKI'S Jonathan Rea won the restarted 6-lap opening race at Imola claiming his 22nd career win ahead of Tom Sykes and Davide Giugliano.
Race one saw Italian Davide Giugiano lead from the start before fighting with the Kawasaki Racing Team duo of Sykes and Rea. Unfortunately, it was then red flagged due to a crash involving Team Pedercini's David Salom. A restart was declared, but only over 6 laps.
The restarted race one saw the Kawasaki Racing Team pair push each other to the limits. Rea recorded a lap record on lap 2 of 6 which saw him pass his team-mate only for Sykes to respond with an even faster lap just to pile on the pressure.
After a tense last lap, it was Rea who claimed the win, the 22nd win of his career, ahead of Sykes and Davide Giugliano who claimed third and the final podium place on his return to World Superbikes.
Red Devils Aprilia's Leon Haslam made several changes during the delay and the British rider finished 4th ahead of PATA Honda's Sylvain Guintoli who carved his way through 10 riders from 15th to finish 5th. Ayrton Badovini scored a 10-points in 6th.
Reigning FIM Superstock 1000cc Cup winner Leandro Mercado took seventh ahead of Matteo Baiocco, Michael van der Mark, and Michel Fabrizio who rounded out the top 10.
Rookie Jordi Torres took part in race one running as high as 6th before making a mistake, however the Spaniard crashed out unhurt with 11 laps to go. Both Torres and Chaz Davies were unable to take part in the restart.
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing (+0.482)
3. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati (+3.945)
4. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia (+7.455
5. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike (+11.925)
6. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia (+12.074)
7. Leandro Mercado ARG Barni Ducati (+12.789)
8. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati (+13.712)
9. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike (+13.863)
10. Michel Fabrizio ITA Althea Ducati (+14.637)
11. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki (+16.990)
12. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki (+21.123)
13. Santiago Barragan ESP Grillini Kawasaki (+32.443)
14. Christophe Ponsson FRA Pedercini Kawasaki (+32.977)
15. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW (+39.711)
16. Gabor Rizmayer HUN Team Toth BMW (+40.821)
DNF. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta (+3 laps)
WSB 2015: Aragon race one results
WSB 2015: Aragon race two results
WSB 2015: Assen race one results
WSB 2015: Assen race two results
WSB 2015: Championship standings after Assen
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2015 Sepang race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-02-2015 12:00 PM|
|WSB 2015 Sepang race one results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-02-2015 11:21 AM|
|WSB 2015 Imola race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-11-2015 01:00 AM|
|WSB 2014 Imola race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-11-2014 07:50 AM|
|WSB 2014 Imola race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-11-2014 05:10 AM|