MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
Bart
Thread killer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

MotoVloggers?

Just a couple quick questions about our favorite timekill...

1 - Who are some of our favorites? (and)

2 - Who are some of our local good motovloggers, Houston especially but TX in general?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Motovloggers IamStick General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-24-2014 08:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
LifeRocket7

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R 636

I used to watch M13, or Mordeth13 back in the day. Walterrific is pretty funny. I had a good laugh when I first found his channel. Not too fond of 6foothonda, jakethegardensnake, or that group. Bakerxderek has a zx636, so there's bias there lol.

Superdave moto vlogs. He's pretty chill. Chixwithtrix is another local (she drifts her beast GTO, and has done the work on it). Then there's doodle. I haven't checked his channel lately though. I know he went down a month-ish ago (low slide, is o-k)
LifeRocket7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-09-2015, 07:09 AM   #3
McMGRAFX
Mattwho777

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 GSXR 750
1999 SPORTSTER
2005 GSXR 750-gone
1993 GSX 750R Katana-gone

Member Garage

Do IT With Dan
McMGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
bun1t

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

I can't seem to find any entertaining value from motovloggers. Most of them are squids pretending they have a clue about bikes.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
LifeRocket7

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
I can't seem to find any entertaining value from motovloggers. Most of them are squids pretending they have a clue about bikes.
The bigger vloggers yeah. Some of the locals here are relaxed, down to Earth people. I don't mind listening/watching those vids. It's the guys who think encouraging lane splitting at 85-90mph, and doing other stuff potential, unnecessary, life-threatening things. I mean, I won't lie. I enjoy speed. But I don't hit excess triple digits when there are other people around. If I'm gonna get hurt I'd like it to just be me and the bike.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeRocket7 View Post
I used to watch M13, or Mordeth13 back in the day. Walterrific is pretty funny. I had a good laugh when I first found his channel. Not too fond of 6foothonda, jakethegardensnake, or that group. Bakerxderek has a zx636, so there's bias there lol.

Superdave moto vlogs. He's pretty chill. Chixwithtrix is another local (she drifts her beast GTO, and has done the work on it). Then there's doodle. I haven't checked his channel lately though. I know he went down a month-ish ago (low slide, is o-k)
I think M13 partially set the standards for Motovloggers. Amazing how he's only moderately entertaining, yet strangely addictive. I looked up Walterrific; he does seem to put more into his vids, editing, prep etc. 6foot4honda does get annoying. Seriously, repeating everything 5x in a variety of high-pitched voices only goes so far. Jake... entertaining at first. Baker... seems like just another guy in Cali. Haven't looked up Superdave yet (but I remember Super Dave Osborn from when I was a kid...) & Chixwithtrix showed potential but I only watched about 2 vids and one had no speech, so technically not a motovlog. The name sounds familiar; is she on MH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMGRAFX View Post
Do IT With Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
It's a mixed bag of tricks. Thanks to a full-face helmet I'm perfectly content to talk to myself like some crazy old homeless person and I get a kick from seeing how other people do the same, and how somehow riding itself kinda puts people's brains all in the same gear so to speak. Alas, in the world of today's internet it sometimes almost seems like everyone wants to be a troll or keyboard warrior... like, a "squid" is anyone that's not you (not you personally, just sayin'). So yeah, kids who just try to impress the world with wheelies and hooliganism are just garbage. I value safety, but forgive the people who do the occational stupid thing 'cuz goodness knows I sure have.

--------

I got turned off of CycleCruza, since his earlier posts are just 50% cussing and I think he tries way too hard to be... hard.

Is it me or does watching motovlogs always seem to end up watching people in Australia?
Old 05-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
PushingLuck831

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)

chixwithtrix is cool. ashley seems to live a very entertaining life.

i used to watch thegardensnake, but he has since proved to be s dousche that cant motard properly. sooo. yeah. i dont want to watch people ride motards that ride them like a street glide.
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450

I stopped watching CycleCruza ever since he put out a fake police chase video..
One channel that i'll always be hooked on is AccidentalBroadcast. Awesome scenery in Maui, and the dude can ride!

Last year i went on a ride in Austin with Jake and Motonosity along with about 40 others.. Since then i've always watched their vids..
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
bun1t

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

It's a mixed bag of tricks. Thanks to a full-face helmet I'm perfectly content to talk to myself like some crazy old homeless person and I get a kick from seeing how other people do the same, and how somehow riding itself kinda puts people's brains all in the same gear so to speak. Alas, in the world of today's internet it sometimes almost seems like everyone wants to be a troll or keyboard warrior... like, a "squid" is anyone that's not you (not you personally, just sayin'). So yeah, kids who just try to impress the world with wheelies and hooliganism are just garbage. I value safety, but forgive the people who do the occational stupid thing 'cuz goodness knows I sure have.
Yeah I saw one from Cycle Cruza and he was saying how he doesn't see the point of going to the track and spending $150 when he can ride the street for free. However going triple the speed limit on the street which will cost well over $150 if you get pulled over is cool.

Another one that I don't know the name of was commenting how switching to GP shift is like having a quickshifter. WTF?

And lastly there was the H2 review from 650ib or something like that. He kept saying how the bike is crazy fast and how he rides the track and knows bikes. So I hopped over to his track video and it looked a novice riders first track day. Sunday cruise speed with horrible lines.

If there's any good ones I have yet to see them.
bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:40 PM   #10
LifeRocket7

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
I think M13 partially set the standards for Motovloggers. Amazing how he's only moderately entertaining, yet strangely addictive. I looked up Walterrific; he does seem to put more into his vids, editing, prep etc. 6foot4honda does get annoying. Seriously, repeating everything 5x in a variety of high-pitched voices only goes so far. Jake... entertaining at first. Baker... seems like just another guy in Cali. Haven't looked up Superdave yet (but I remember Super Dave Osborn from when I was a kid...) & Chixwithtrix showed potential but I only watched about 2 vids and one had no speech, so technically not a motovlog. The name sounds familiar; is she on MH?
?

Chix and Superdave are both locals, and are on MH (see SuperDave's post above)
Doodle is also a local.

Doodle - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDH...7GiWVmwsEe9_sw

I used to watch DoItWithDan but I've fallen out. You're right about M13. It's like he was the first one.

Advertisement