Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|04-13-2015, 02:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP 2015 Austin race results
Marquez continues his winning streak at the Circuit of The Americas
REPSOL Honda's Marc Marquez has continued his winning streak at the Circuit of The America’s this weekend after crossing the line over two seconds ahead of the rest MotoGP field.
A slight delay to the race due to standing water under the bridge didn’t concern Marquez. Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso led the field into turn one whilst Marquez trailed behind allowing the Ducati rider to open up a 0.5s lead during the opening couple of laps.
The reigning MotoGP World Champion waited until the fifth lap to pounce opening up a five second lead before taking the chequered flag at the exact same place his won his first MotoGP race in 2013. With Marquez up ahead, it left former team-mates Dovizioso and Valentino Rossi to battle it out as they almost collided through turn 12.
Rossi tried everything to hold off the Ducati of Dovizioso, but the GP15 clearly had more power along the 1.2km straight at the Circuit of The America’s and eventually Dovizioso claimed second as Rossi faded due to tyre issues.Rossi’s Movistar Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo left it late to make up ground, but did overtake the Ducati GP15 of Andrea Iannone with three laps to go to take fouth place.
Monster Tech 3 Yamaha’s Bradley Smith finished top satellite rider in sixth with fellow Brit Cal Crutchlow finishing six seconds behind in seventh despite a poor start.
Ecstar Suzuki’s Aleix Espargaro finished in 8th, 19 seconds ahad of his rookie team-mate Maverick Vinale son-board the GSX-RR. Both riders did however report on ‘being down on power’.
Danilo Petrucci completed the top ten whilst Dani Pedrosa’s Repsol Honda replacement Hiroshi Aoyama finished in 11th.
Nicky Hayden finished as top Open Honda in front of his home crowd at his 200th MotoGP in 13th place after fighting with CWM LCR Honda’s Jack Miller and Aprilia Racing Team Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista.
Scott Redding crashed on the very first lap after out-braking himself at turn 11 taking out Pol Espargaro in the process.
1. Marc MarquezESP Repsol Honda Team 43:47.150
2. Andrea DoviziosoITA Ducati Team 43:49.504 (+2.354)
3. Valentino RossiITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 43:50.270 (+3.120)
4. Jorge LorenzoESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 43:53.832 (+6.682)
5. Andrea IannoneITA Ducati Team 43:54.734 (+7.584)
6. Bradley SmithGBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43:57.707 (+10.557)
7. Cal CrutchlowGBR CWM LCR Honda 44:4.117 (+16.967)
8. Aleix EspargaroESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 44:6.175 (+19.025)
9. Maverick ViñalesESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 44:25.720 (+38.570)
10. Danilo PetrucciITA Pramac Racing 44:28.946 (+41.796)
11. Hiroshi AoyamaJPN Repsol Honda Team 44:34.349 (+47.199)
12. Hector BarberaESP Avintia Racing 44:34.489 (+47.339)
13. Nicky HaydenUSA Aspar 44:43.634 (+56.484)
14. Jack MillerAUS CWM LCR Honda 44:43.881 (+56.731)
15. Alvaro BautistaESP Factory Aprilia Gresini 44:44.522 (+57.372)
16. Eugene LavertyIRL Aspar 44:46.048 (+58.898)
17. Loris BazFRA Athina Forward Racing 44:55.937 (+1:08.787)
18. Alex De AngelisRSM Octo IodaRacing 45:9.386 (+1:22.236)
DNF. Karel AbrahamCZE Cardion AB Motoracing
DNF. Marco MelandriITA Factory Aprilia Gresini
DNF. Yonny HernandezCOL Pramac Racing
DNF. Mike Di MeglioFRA Avintia Racing
DNF. Scott ReddingGBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS
DNF. Stefan BradlGER Athina Forward Racing
DNF. Pol EspargaroESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3
MotoGP 2015: Qatar race results
Qatar MotoGP test times - day two
Rain stops play on third day of Qatar test
Double podium for Ducati Team a 'special result'
MotoGP 2015: Championship standings after Qatar
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MotoGP 2015 Aragon race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-27-2015 10:20 AM|
|MotoGP 2015 Jerez race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-04-2015 12:46 AM|
|MotoGP Results: Impressive Race Win For Marquez In Austin||NewsBot||Industry News||0||04-13-2015 07:40 AM|
|MotoGP Austin Friday Results 2015||NewsBot||Industry News||0||04-12-2015 03:00 AM|
|MotoGP 2014 Austin race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-13-2014 05:00 PM|