Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more


Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
KitorisHunnis's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kumoniwahnalaya, hawaii
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 49

Experience: 2 years

'13 636
11 wr250x

Used dirtbike no title for SM conversion...

So I'm looking at a 09 crf450r, owner does not have a title, only bill of sale. Of course first thing I'm going to do is run the VIN. But after that, how do I get a title for it? Should I convert it first and get it inspected? I'm not too clear on converting to SM, especially with no title.
KitorisHunnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fat Tire Conversion Dirtbike GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-18-2013 09:21 PM
06 yz450 sm conversion questions mxracer383 Super Motards 18 07-22-2012 10:06 PM
2003 DRZ400s (SM conversion) MEFEO Super Motards 5 05-26-2012 03:18 PM
Boots? Dainese Torq-Out Air, Alpinestars SM-X5 or SM-X R Air? racerx454 Gear Talk 3 07-07-2011 07:12 AM
Dirtbike Conversion Question NightBaron Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 18 11-30-2009 07:30 PM
Old 04-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
False's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 406

bonded title
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:29 AM   #3
BYRDMAN's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,454

Trackdays: 10+

2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Originally Posted by False View Post
bonded title
Yea after u verify it has no lein go the bonded title route. But that bike is going to need a bigger stator/rr and lights/horn kit to get it street legal.
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
Truckin_Thumper's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,107

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Dont need a bonded title.

Just get it road worthy, take it to get inspected. make sure you get the U130 form (green sheet). Take to DPS with cash, walk out with tags
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Member
SilverBullet's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,297

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Dont need a bonded title.

Just get it road worthy, take it to get inspected. make sure you get the U130 form (green sheet). Take to DPS with cash, walk out with tags
This will not work as he said owner does not have a title. Bonded title is his only option.

Make sure and do the bonded title first as an off highway vehicle. Then make it street legal, get it inspected and go back and transfer title and do registration. Doing it this way will save you from paying any sales tax.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM. is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy