MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
badc91

Feedback Rating: (0)

In need of some help

I have an 03 gsxr 750 bike has been running like a beast since the rebuild, but I've noticed as I start running low on fuel "before the fuel light comes on" I get a little spudder. On a full tank It runs fine with no problems at all ! Is the fuel pump starting to get weak or ? Anyways any advice would be greatly appreciated
badc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
El Pachuco

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R
1975 Honda CB750K
1991 Suzuki DR

the vent on your fuel tank may be stopped up and creating a vacuum as the fuel level goes down. Next time it starts to spudder, try pulling over and opening the fuel cap to relieve the vacuum. Listen for a sucking sound as you open the cap.

Of course this is provided the vent is in the fuel cap. If not, you'll have to figure out where it is and check it there.
El Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
badc91

I'll give that a try it's an after market screw down fuel cap which I'm not fond of ! I'll be replacing it soon but I'll see if that's where the problem is
Old 03-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Lift the tank and see if a line is kinked at the rear of the tank
Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
badc91

Yeah I made sure I kept the line straight when I was reassembling the bike but u could tell someone had the tank off before and had kinked the line going back on but I straightened it out best I could so I don't think it's that I'm going to take a pic of the fuel tank lid and post it up later cause really after seeing how it's made I'm not exactly sure how it's suppose to vent
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #6
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1997 XR400 TARDED

i would take the tank off, and pull the lines and inspect the nipples. I would replace that line that was pinched as well. Mine were very calcified.

Advertisement