Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-25-2015, 07:00 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Sepang MotoGP test II times day three
Crutchlow gets to grips with the CWM LCR Honda RC213V
Marquez followed by Redding
AFTER three days of testing, reigning MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez has finished the day leading the field with a time of 1:59.115 around the Malaysian circuit.
Intense heat during the day has meant flying laps have been conducted within a small time frame of when the sun is not at its peak. Most teams across the three-day test have focused on developing the bike and the ride-bike setup. The third day mainly consisted of race simulations in the afternoon to allow teams to evaluate true race pace.
Repsol Honda’s Marquez has dominated the last two days of the test with brake problems hindering day one. Evaluating different chassis types was top of the list for the tem as well as tweaking setups. The young Spaniard is now over 3 tenths of a second ahead of his rivals.
Marquez completed more laps than any other rider today with a total of 73, 16 of which were consistently under the 2:01 barrier.
Marquez’s team-mate Dani Pedrosa only managed to improve his time by 0.5s during the three-day test and didn’t manage to break the 2-minute barrier leaving him seventh fastest overall.
Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo finished second overall with his fastest lap time being just 0.3s off that of Marquez’s pace. Over the course of the three day test, Lorenzo has managed to shave 2 seconds off his time despite getting to grips with the evolved seamless shift gearbox.
Topping the time sheets on day one, Valentino Rossi dropped to fifth and the gap between himself and Marquez increased from 0.4s to 0.7s by the end of the test. However, the Doctor was one of only six riders to break the 2 minute barrier.
Briton Cal Crutchlow finished third on-board his CWM LCR Honda RC213V after changing his riding style to suit the new machine. Crutchlow improved on each of the three days setting an impressive time of 1:59.658 over 1.5s quicker than on day one. During a race simulation the 29-year-old consistently lapped around the 2:01 mark.
Crutchlow’s team-mate rookie Jack Miller continued to get used to riding his Open class Honda RC213V-Ride Smart and managed a time of 2:01.593.
Ducati continued with their GP15 bike with Andrea Iannone finishing fourth overall only 0.6s off Marquez’s pace. Andrea Dovizioso had issues with under braking and didn’t appear as confident with the machine as his team-mate did. Ducati Team’s boss Luigi Dall’Igna explained they will take two GP15’s to the Qatar test, but also a GP14.3 for Dovizioso just in case.
Suzuki are continuing to improve as they brought engine updates to the Malaysian test with Aleix Espargaro taking advantage of these improvements with a time of 2:00.275 placing him ninth. His team-mate and rookie Maverick Vinales finished only 3 tenths slower than Aleix.
Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley Smith finished 0.6s ahead of his team-mate Pol Espargaro as they continued to concentrate on developing the electronics package on the YZF-M1
Bradley Smith progressed well during the test as he recovered from his ankle injury to finish 0.6s ahead of Pol Espargaro on the other Monster Tech 3 Yamaha, as their crews focused on developing the electronics package on the YZF-M1.
Aprilia are still struggling. Alvaro Bautista has had a little more success than his team-mate Marco Melandri on the latest version of the Ride Smart-GP. Baustita ended the test in 19th only managing to decrease his time by 0.4s over the test. Melandri ended each day at the very bottom and finished almost 4.5s behind Marquez.
The three-day test has now finished at the Malaysian circuit. The next official test will be at the Losail circuit in Qatar from 14th - 16th March before the first race of the 2015 season.
Day three test times:
1. Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 1:59.115 13 / 73
2. Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:59.437 (+0.322) 19 / 55
3. Cal Crutchlow CWM LCR Honda 1:59.658 (+0.543) 6 / 57
4. Andrea Iannone Ducati Team 1:59.722 (+0.607) 10 / 59
5. Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:59.833 (+0.718) 19 / 59
6. Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1:59.883 (+0.768) 9 / 41
7. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 1:59.912 (+0.797) 49 / 51
8. Hector Barbera Avintia Racing 2:00.244 1(+.129) 8 / 52
9. Aleix Espargaro Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:00.275 (+1.160) 6 / 50
10. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team 2:00.468 (+1.353) 10 / 43
11. Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:00.490 (+1.375) 13 / 37
12. Danilo Petrucci Pramac Racing 2:00.556 (+1.441) 12 / 56
13. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Racing 2:00.603 (+1.488) 45 / 54
14. Maverick Vinales Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:00.604 (+1.489) 11 / 43
15. Stefan Bradl Forward Racing Team 2:00.685 (+1.570) 10 / 45
16. Scott Redding Estrella Galicia 0.0 Marc VDS 2:00.695 (+1.580) 7 / 57
17. Nicky Hayden Drive M7 Aspar 2:00.813 (+1.698) 15 / 49
18. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 2:00.875 (+1.760) 8 / 48
19. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2:01.310 (+2.195) 7 / 58
20. Mike di Meglio Avintia Racing 2:01.487 (+2.372) 8 / 37
21. Karel Abraham AB Motoracing 2:01.536 (+2.421) 20 / 30
22. Jack Miller CWM LCR Honda 2:01.593 (+2.478) 9 / 40
23. Eugene Laverty Drive M7 Aspar 2:01.815 (+2.700) 16 / 61
24. Loris Baz Forward Racing Team 2:02.587 (+3.472) 11 / 47
25. Alex de Angelis Octo Ioda Racing Team 2:03.300 (+4.185) 8 / 52
26. Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Test Team 2:03.448 (+4.333) 3 / 39
27. Marco Melandri Aprilia Racing Team
Sepang MotoGP test II times - day two
Sepang MotoGP test times - day one
Sepang MotoGP test times - day three
Sepang MotoGP test II times - day one
Sepang MotoGP test times - day two
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times day two||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-24-2015 08:10 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times day one||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-23-2015 09:50 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 3||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-28-2014 06:22 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 2||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-27-2014 07:10 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 1||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-26-2014 07:00 AM|