Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-24-2015, 08:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Sepang MotoGP test II times day two
Suzuki make progress whilst Aprilia appear to be struggling
MARC Marquez has resumed his usual place at the top of the time sheets on day two of the second Sepang test.
Temperatures reached over 30 degrees in the morning at Sepang, but teams and riders were keen to get out before grip worsened at the Malaysian track as later on in the day it was due to be high 30’s.
Many teams took the opportunity to run race simulations through the afternoon, however with a drop in temperature with a few minutes to go allowed riders to take advantage of the extra grip to post quicker times.
Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez regained his top position on the time sheets after brake issues yesterday hindered Marquez and his team as no data recorded was of any value. However, the young Spaniard was one of only two riders to break the two-minute barrier at 1:59.844.
Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo finished 0.058s behind the reigning World Champion, but was extremely pleased with the pace despite experience some problems at the Malaysian circuit.
The Ducati Team have started to make substantial progress with the GP15 as Andrea Iannone put in a late flying placing him third and only 0.254s off Marquez’s pace. Team-mate Andrea Dovizioso set his best lap early in the day which was a second quicker than yesterday which he set on the GP14.3 machine.
Dani Pedrosa finished the day in 5th after spending the day tweaking suspension to get more feedback from his RC213V, but Pedrosa did finish 0.3s quicker than yesterday.
Valentino Rossi led the timesheets yesterday and for the early part of this mornings second test. Rossi and his team evaluated two different types of front forks for the YZF-M1, but still couldn’t match the pace of Lorenzo. Rossi finished in sixth 0.308s off breaking the two-minute barrier.
Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley Smith finished the day in 7th beating his team-mate Pol Espargaro and improving from day ones time by almost a second.
CWM LCR Honda’s Cal Crutchlow finished 0.5s outside the two-minute mark, but finished 8th overall, but more importantly Crutchlow’s best lap was on fresh tyres which the Brit has previously struggled with on the RC213V.
The Factory Suzuki team are continuing to improve and develop their GSX-RR machine with Aleix Espargaro finishing half a second faster than day one finishing in ninth. His younger brother Pol finished in 10th on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 machine as his brother out-paced him by almost three-tenths of a second.
Aleix’s Suzuki team-mate and rookie Maverick Viñaless finished within 0.9s of Marquez in 12th and also finished ahead of Scott Redding.
Rookie Aussie Jack Miller took advantage of the improving conditions later on in the day on the RC213V-Ride Smart for CWM-LCR Honda and finished 22nd.
Aprilia Racing Team Gresini appear to be severely struggling with their machinery as Alvaro Bautista and Marco Melandri both finished the day slower than yesterday with Baustista only managing a disappointing lap time of 2:02.221 whilst Marco Melandri, despite trying a chassis similar to that of his WSBK Aprilia, finished last once again and almost 4.5 seconds behind Marquez.
Day two test times:
1. Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team 1:59.844 22 / 63
2. Jorge Lorenzo Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 1:59.902 (+0.058) 30/ 71
3. Andrea Iannone Ducati Team 2:00.098 (+0.254) 55 / 58
4. Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team 2:00.250 (+0.406) 21 / 58
5. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 2:00.275 (+0.431) 36 / 57
6. Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 2:00.308 (+0.464) 19 / 61
7. Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:00.329 (+0.485) 49 / 50
8. Cal Crutchlow CWM LCR Honda 2:00.333 (+0.489) 61 / 61
9. Aleix Espargaro Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:00.409 (+0.565) 18 / 57
10. Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2:00.689 (+0.845) 8 / 44
11. Danilo Petrucci Pramac Racing 2:00.713 (+0.869) 22 / 57
12. Maverick Vinales Team Suzuki MotoGP 2:00.731 (+0.887) 42 / 61
13. Scott Redding Estrella Galicia 0.0 Marc VDS 2:00.762 (+0.918) 53 / 57
14. Hector Barbera Avintia Racing 2:00.847 (+1.003) 21 / 53
15. Yonny Hernandez Pramac Racing 2:01.012 (+1.168) 28 / 46
16. Stefan Bradl Forward Racing Team 2:01.131 (+1.287) 13 / 58
17. Nicky Hayden Drive M7 Aspar 2:01.633 (+1.789) 17 / 57
18. Michele Pirro Ducati Test Team 2:01.897 (+2.053) 16 / 41
19. Eugene Laverty Drive M7 Aspar 2:01.944 (+2.100) 54 / 56
20. Karel Abraham AB Motoracing 2:01.945 (+2.101) 21 / 40
21. Jack Miller CWM LCR Honda 2:01.968 (+2.124) 65 / 65
22. Mike di Meglio Avintia Racing 2:02.006 (+2.162) 41 / 42
23. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2:02.221 (+2.377) 25 / 40
24. Loris Baz Forward Racing Team 2:02.426 (+2.582) 57 / 37
25. Alex de Angelis Octo Ioda Racing Team 2:03.499 (+3.655) 44 / 51
26. Katsuyuki Nakasuga Yamaha Factory Test Team 2:03.755 (+3.911) 43 / 45
27. Marco Melandri Aprilia Racing Team Gresini 2:04.313 (+4.469) 49 / 49
Sepang MotoGP test times - day one
Sepang MotoGP test times - day two
Sepang MotoGP test times - day three
Sepang MotoGP test II times - day one
Sepang MotoGP test times - Day 2
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times day three||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-25-2015 07:00 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times day one||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-23-2015 09:50 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 3||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-28-2014 06:22 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 2||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-27-2014 07:10 AM|
|Sepang MotoGP test II times Day 1||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-26-2014 07:00 AM|