Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|02-22-2015, 06:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2015 Phillip Island race one results
A Brit 123 to start the World Superbike season
NORTHERN Ireland's Jonathan Rea won the first round of the 2015 World Superbike Championship after an incredibly close last lap with Leon Haslam and Chaz Davies.
The opening race of the 2015 World Superbike at Phillip Island in Australia saw 22 riders set off in the sun as Rea led into turn one.
The Kawasaki Racing Team rider, who started from pole position, remained at the front as the chasing pack of three began to ease off, but soon the lead began to change from one lap to the next, and then at almost every turn.
WSBK rookie Jordi Torres put in a fabulous performance to finish his first race in fourth. Fellow rookie Michael van der Mark put in a brave move ahead of Tom Sykes at turn one, with Sykes taking an excursion onto the grass at high speed. The former world champion was able to rejoin and eventually managed to finish sixth with van der Mark fifth.
Still suffering from injuries sustained during the test at Phillip Island, Sylvain Guintoli claimed seventh for the PATA Honda WSBK team, just ahead of Althea Racing's Nico Terol. Despite finishing top in testing, Voltcom Crescent Suzuki's Alex Lowes was ninth.
Troy Bayliss, making his WSBK return to replace injured Davide Giugliano, placed as high as seventh before falling to 13th ahead of local wildcard rider Jed Metcher.
Niccolo Canepa was the only rider to crash and was taken to the medical centre for further checks.
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing
2. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia (+0.039)
3. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducat (+0.496)
4. Jordi Torres ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia (+2.259)
5. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike (+9.838)
6. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing (+13.761)
7. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbikes (+14.021)
8. Nico Terol ESP Althea Ducati (+15.954)
9. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki (+21.106)
10. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta (+24.771)
11. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati (+28.920)
12. Tati Mercado ARG Barni Ducati (+35.929)
13. Troy Bayliss AUS Aruba.it Racing (+40.315)
14. Jed Metcher AUS Race Center Kawasaki (+45.090)
15. Sylvain Barrier FRA BMW Italia (+46.444)
16. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki (+53.331)
17. Randy de Puniet FRA Voltcom Crescent Suzuki (+58.811)
18. Larry Pegram USA Team Hero (+1:06.071)
19. Santiago Barragan ESP Grillini Kawasaki (+1:06.110)
20. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW (+1 lap)
DNF. Niccolo Canepa ITA Team Hero EBR 1190RX 14 laps completed
DNF. Christophe Ponsson LUX Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R 8 laps completed
WSBK Phillip Island test - day one
WSBK Phillip Island test - day two
Jonathan Rea joins Sykes at Kawasaki for 2015
Jonathan Rea 'confident' for WSBK season opener
Jerez WSBK test day one: Rea quickest
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2015 Phillip Island race two results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-22-2015 06:10 PM|
|WSB 2015 Phillip Island race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-22-2015 05:30 PM|
|WSB 2015 Phillip Island race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-22-2015 05:30 PM|
|WSB 2014 Phillip Island race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||02-22-2015 04:10 AM|
|WSB 2014 Phillip Island race results||NewsBot||Industry News||0||02-23-2014 07:20 PM|