MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #301
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
16 R1200RS
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
70mph+ in a 45mph zone...

...a curve, at night... hit gravel, and you don't think that maybe the speed was a bit hot for the conditions?
Plus by the sounds of it construction around.... but hindsight and finger pointing is always 20-20...

I was playing slalom thru some barrels and cut one a bit close and snapped off my clutch lever. It's amazing I didn't wreck (was doing 60 at least).

Best part of this entire episode is she wasn't hurt any worse...

And that helmet will buff out..... :icon_bigg :laughing6

A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CultureMap Moment: Blue Cure Night Run this Saturday night NewsBot Health 0 10-01-2014 01:20 PM
Thur Night Football last night....poor punt returner! dbuck Sports 7 09-15-2012 04:02 PM
OTR Friday Night May 15 (AKA Cigar Night) JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 34 05-16-2009 01:23 PM
Friday Night...Movie Night! 11-21-08 jenniesweet Events, Meets and Rides 174 11-22-2008 03:54 PM
Datbikrgrl (Xanthea) is in the hospital again! Mrs. ~T~ General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 08-06-2007 06:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #302
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
but hindsight and finger pointing is always 20-20...
True. But I think you'll agree that the trick is to turn the hindsight into foresight.
Quote:
Best part of this entire episode is she wasn't hurt any worse...
So true.
Quote:
And that helmet will buff out..... :icon_bigg :laughing6
If that's the case, I got this dent, I mean, scratch on my car fender...:laughing6
Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #303
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
70mph+ in a 45mph zone...

...a curve, at night... hit gravel, and you don't think that maybe the speed was a bit hot for the conditions?
Thank you. I don't want to be the only one pointing out stuff like this.

Of course now when I go ride later today, I'm gonna have to really be on my toes. Practice what I preach.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #304
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaMan

Of course now when I go ride later today, I'm gonna have to really be on my toes. Practice what I preach.
We'll watch ya! :icon_bigg

Hey, Xanthea, glad to hear you are up and moving. Awesome, you are one lucky girl. I hope your clavicle heals soon.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #305
texlurch

Bike(s):
16 R1200RS
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaMan

The other thing it points out is her need to get more practice flat tracking... dirt and gravel are EXCELLENT opportunities to practice the art of the two wheel slide....

A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #306
DLunsford21
Go Fast Or Go Home

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha 600r -STOLEN-

Send a message via AIM to DLunsford21
my .02, first magna you weren't there so you my friend don't know exactly wat happend, she went down right in front of me and from what i could see SPEED wasn't a major factor. And to jump all over someone's for not having proper paperwork without further info, well that is what you call ignorant. I do agree that everyone should have taken the msf and have a motorcycle license, if you knew who and what you were talking about they might even already have everything it's just suspended for reasons that are irrelavant to you. amongst other things i feel it's not only squiddy and immature, but also dumb to bash and flame a fellow rider that you don't even know. like i said just my .02

R.I.P. Brother, You'll Forever Be Apart Of Us All
Old 06-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #307
DLunsford21
Go Fast Or Go Home

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha 600r -STOLEN-

Send a message via AIM to DLunsford21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerTrixGod69
I WAS LEADING AND I KNOW THAT WHAT POPTART SAYS IS COMPLETLY ACCURATE....IT WAS AN UNFORTUNATE OCCURANCE, BUT IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE OF US...!!! IT COULDA BEEN ME AND I WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 70 M.P.H. WHEN I WENT THROUGH THAT TURN...
GREAT JOB DUDE NICE CLEAN ACCURATE ACCOUNT OF WHT TRULY F****ING HAPPENED...
+1,000,000

R.I.P. Brother, You'll Forever Be Apart Of Us All
Old 06-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #308
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLunsford21
amongst other things i feel it's not only squiddy and immature, but also dumb to bash and flame a fellow rider that you don't even know. like i said just my .02
Welcome to the world of the free Internet and forums. People get their info from what is posted and you can't blame them for that. If you don't want people to 'assume' things, then don't post up about things that lead to assumptions and opinions. my .02
Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #309
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
my .02, first magna you weren't there so you my friend don't know exactly wat happend, she went down right in front of me and from what i could see SPEED wasn't a major factor. And to jump all over someone's for not having proper paperwork without further info, well that is what you call ignorant. I do agree that everyone should have taken the msf and have a motorcycle license, if you knew who and what you were talking about they might even already have everything it's just suspended for reasons that are irrelavant to you. amongst other things i feel it's not only squiddy and immature, but also dumb to bash and flame a fellow rider that you don't even know. like i said just my .02

He didn't have to be there. Two people that were there and witnessed it said the description of what happened is spot on. Going off that, Magna seems to be right. Might not really like it because it was one of your friends that it happened to, but that doesn't really change anything.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #310
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
"suspended for reasons that are irrelavant to you"

sounds like they shouldn't be operating any sort of a motor vehicle per the state then, right?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #311
texlurch

Bike(s):
16 R1200RS
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
my .02, ..... I do agree that everyone should have taken the msf and have a motorcycle license, if you knew who and what you were talking about they might even already have everything it's just suspended for reasons that are irrelavant to you.

Just my .02, but if they had a suspended license they shouldn't have been out joy riding at night in the first place...

huLLO????!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #312
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

lots of drama today peeps... keep it at a MINIMUM..

THanx

Advertisement