Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|11-03-2014, 03:14 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSB 2014 Qatar race 2 results
The 2014 World Superbike Champion is crowned
SYLVAIN Guintoli has been crowned the 2014 World Superbike Champion after winning race two at Qatar by almost four seconds.
Race one began as it meant to go on with Pata Honda’s Leon Haslam touching with Kawasaki’s Loris Baz. Tom Sykes led the pack from the start with the hope of holding on, but it was Jonathan Rea that fancied his chances.
Rea took the lead for several laps whilst Sykes tried to find a way through, but it was race one winner Guintoli that found his way through from third to take the lead off the Brit.
Guintoli took his first every double victory of his career along with winning the 2014 World Superbike title by 6-points.
Sykes and Rea battled for second, but it was the Isle of Man resident Rea that took second by 1.524 seconds.
Aprilia’s Marco Melandri finished fourth with Ducati’s Chaz Davies finishing fifth.
After being crowned the Superbike EVO Winner after race one, David Salom went on to cross the line as first EVO rider with Niccolo Canepa finishing 12th.
Voltcom Crescent Suzuki’s Eugene Laverty crashed out as did Jeremy Guarnoni, Aaron Yates and EVO rider Sylvain Barrier. All were said to be okay.
Race two results:
1. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Aprilia Racing
2. Jonathan Rea GBR PATA Honda World Superbike +3.568
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +5.092
4. Marco Melandri ITA Aprilia Racing +8.305
5. Chaz Davies GBR Ducati Superbike Team +8.390
6. Toni Elias ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia +8.654
7. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing +9.115
8. Davide Giugliano ITA Ducati Superbike Team+13.015
9. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +13.478
10. Leon Haslam GBR PATA Honda World Superbike +25.471
11. David Salom* ESP Kawasaki Racing +37.964
12. Niccolo Canepa* ITA Althea Ducati +38.001
13. Bryan Staring* AUS IRON BRAIN Kawasaki +46.248
14. Claudio Corti ITA MV Agusta RC +51.926
15. Alessandro Andreozzi* ITA Pedercini Kawasaki +56.331
16. Geoff May USA Team Hero EBR 1190RX +1:23.937
17. Imre Toth* HUN Team Toth BMW S1000RR +1 lap
18. Alex Cudlin* AUS Pedercini Kawasaki +1 lap
DNF. Sylvain Barrier* FRA BMW Italia
DNF. Aaron Yates USA Team Hero EBR
DNF. Jeremy Guarnoni* FRA MRS Kawasaki
DNF. Eugene Laverty IRL Voltcom Crescent Suzuki
WSB 2014: Sepang race two results
WSB 2014: Misano race one results
WSB 2014: Laguna Seca race 1 results
WSB 2014: Laguna Seca race 2 results
WSB 2014: Jerez race 1 results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WSB 2014 Qatar race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||11-03-2014 03:14 AM|
|WSB 2014 MagnyCours race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||1||10-06-2014 09:06 PM|
|WSB 2014 Jerez race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-08-2014 01:30 AM|
|WSB 2014 Imola race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||05-11-2014 07:50 AM|
|WSB 2014 Assen race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-27-2014 11:50 AM|