Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-19-2014, 03:10 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2014 Brands Hatch race 3 results
Byrne finishes the 2014 season in winning style
NO PRESSURE for Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne after clinching the Championship title in race two, but in true style the 38-year-old won the final race of the season.
Byrne dominated from the start with Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell following suit to battle it out for the third in the Championship standings.
Brookes pressured Byrne at Paddock Hill Bend on lap four pushing his Milwaukee Yamaha sideways, but only managed to hold the lead for a few seconds before Byrne reclaimed it back.
The two Milwaukee Yamaha riders fought it out between themselves as Bridewell touched the back end of Byrne at Druids although both riders managed to recover without losing too much ground.
GBmoto’s James Ellison took advantage allowing him up into second ahead of Bridewell with Byrne still holding the lead. A moment for Byrne at the exit of Surtees allowing Ellison to take the lead, however Byrne was not giving up this final 2014 easily as he retook his crown at the front of the pack.
The Safety Car was dispatched due to debris, but with two laps remaining the race was red flagged.
Byrne took the chequered flag followed by Ellison and then Bridewell.
Race three results
1. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R 25m 28.986
2. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +0.102
3. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha +0.477
4. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +0.545
5. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +0.751
6. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +0.996
7. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Kawasaki +2.036
8. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki +2.713
9. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda +3.225
10. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +3.920
11. Jakub Smrz CZE Moto Rapido Ducati +4.011
12. Filip Backlund SWE FXX Yamaha +4.559
13. Patric SUI Bathams BMW +4.620
14. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW +5.229
15. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki +5.799
16. Bryan Staring AUS WD-40 Kawasaki +9.099
17. Ben Wilson GBR Gearlink Kawasaki +9.528
18. Jed Metcher AUS PR Kawasaki +10.216
19. John Ingram GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki +10.367
20. Aaron Zanotti GBR STEL Suzuki +13.562
21. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil TAG Kawasaki +19.101
22. Christophe Ponsson LUX Alstare Bimota +26.613
23. Rhalf Lo Turco BRA SBK City Kawasaki +28.280
24. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda +1 lap
DNF. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki
DNF. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex BMW
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 1 results
BSB 2014: Silverstone race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Assen
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BSB 2014 Brands Hatch race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-19-2014 02:40 PM|
|BSB 2014 Brands Hatch race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-19-2014 02:40 PM|
|BSB 2014 Brands Hatch GP race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||07-21-2014 05:31 AM|
|BSB 2014 Brands Hatch Indy Race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-21-2014 05:00 PM|
|BSB 2014 Brands Hatch Indy Race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||04-21-2014 10:50 AM|