Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-05-2014, 02:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2014 Silverstone race 1 results
Byrne vs Kiyonari vs Brookes makes for an exceptional race
SHANE ‘Shakey’ Byrne took the win in race one at Silverstone after a three-way scrap with Buildbase BMW’s Ryuichi Kiyonari and Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes.
Kiyonari started from pole position ahead of Byrne and held his position until the sixth lap where the war for four began once again.
Byrne made a move at Village to take the lead whilst Brookes and Kiyonari were left to fight it out for second place. However, the trio kept swapping places several times each lap with Byrne being shuffled down to third place until he pounced on Australian Brookes for second.
Kiyonari attempted to make a break, but Byrne was able to hit the front on lap nine. From lap nine onwards it was a battle between Kiyonari and Byrne as they made a move, changing positions, at almost every corner.
Brookes tried but was unable to break up the pair as Byrne made one last push at Village to catch up with Kiyonari. After that, it was the fastest bike to the line. Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki’s Byrne crossed the line 0.084s ahead of Kiyonari.
Dan Linfoot finished fourth for the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team whilst Stuart Easton finished in fifth. Tyco Suzuki’s Josh Waters completed race one in seventh whilst his team-mate John Hopkins crashed out unhurt.
Race one results:
1. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +0.084
3. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +0.368
4. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +17.952
5. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +18.524
6. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +18.572
7. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki +18.924
8. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW +19.454
9. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda +19.490
10. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha +20.387
11. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +22.711
12. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +23.870
13. Filip Backlund SWE FXX Yamaha +23.891
14. Patric SUI Bathams BMW +30.934
15. Gary Mason GBR Tsingtao WK Kawasaki +40.998
16. John Ingram GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki +48.440
17. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles.com BMW +51.985
18. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda +1:08.933
19. Christophe Ponsson LUX Alstare Junior Bimota +1:19.931
DNF. Barry Burrell GBR WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki
DNF. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Kawasaki
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex Performance BMW
DNF. Aaron Zanotti GBR AZ Suzuki
DNF. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki
BSB 2014: Assen race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Assen
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 2 results
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 1 results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BSB 2014 Silverstone race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-05-2014 02:50 PM|
|BSB 2014 Assen race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-22-2014 03:20 AM|
|MotoGP 2014 Silverstone race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-31-2014 11:00 AM|
|BSB 2014 Thruxton race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-03-2014 09:20 AM|
|BSB 2013: Silverstone Race Results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-07-2013 06:20 AM|