Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-05-2014, 02:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2014 Silverstone race 2 results
Ellison steps foot back onto the podium whilst Byrne and Kiyonaris battle continues
AFTER disappointment in race one, Ryuichi Kiyonari came out fighting grabbing the race two victory by 0.074s from Shane Byrne.
Despite starting from pole position, Byrne was soon put in his place by Buildbase BMW rider Kiyonari at Club on lap two. Brookes was forced to settle with third shortly until Village where the Australian made a move on Byrne who was not giving up without a fight and moved straight back into second.
Brookes waited in the shadows of both Kiyonari and Byrne, but crashed out on the sixth lap at Brooklands as seen above. The Milwaukee rider can no longer touch the triple champions in the Championship standings.
Byrne wasn’t settling for second and on the penultimate lap took the lead at Village. After a second-place in race two, Kiyonari lunged back at the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki rider as they crossed the line with only 0.145s difference.
The last lap saw more overtaking manoeuvres as seen in race one between both Byrne and Kiyonari. Byrne tried every trick in the book, but the Japanese rider defended hard leaving Byrne in second and only 12-points between the two.
Recovering from injury, GBmoto’s James Ellison finished in third place after battling with Milwaukee Yamaha’s Tommy Bridewell.
Tyco Suzuki’s Josh Waters finished in fifth once again whilst his team-mate John Hopkins retired.
Race two results:
1. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW
2. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +0.074
3. James Ellison GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +10.008
4. Tommy Bridewell GBR Milwaukee Yamaha +10.101
5. Josh Waters AUS Tyco Suzuki +13.766
6. Stuart Easton GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki +15.719
7. Dan Linfoot GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +15.765
8. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +15.967
9. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves Honda +18.278
10. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW +21.791
11. Filip Backlund SWE FXX Yamaha +25.097
12. Chris Walker GBR GBmoto Kawasaki +33.536
13. Patric SUI Bathams BMW +35.883
14. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +37.051
15. Jon Kirkham GBR Halsall Kawasaki +39.414
16. Martin Jessopp GBR RidersMotorcycles.com +39.641
17. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil TAG Kawasaki +1:16.013
18. Christophe Ponsson LUX Alstare Junior Bimota +1:16.288
19. Aaron Zanotti GBR AZ Suzuki +1:16.486
20. Jenny Tinmouth GBR TWR Honda +1:17.807
DNF. Barry Burrell GBR WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. John Ingram GBR Morello Services PBR Kawasaki
DNF. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN MotoDex Performance BMW
DNF. Gary Mason GBR Tsingtao WK Kawasaki
DNF. John Hopkins USA Tyco Suzuki
BSB 2014: Assen race 2 results
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results
BSB 2014: Championship standings after Assen
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 2 results
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 1 results
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BSB 2014 Silverstone race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-05-2014 02:50 PM|
|BSB 2014 Assen race 2 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||09-22-2014 03:20 AM|
|MotoGP 2014 Silverstone race results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-31-2014 11:00 AM|
|BSB 2014 Thruxton race 1 results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||08-03-2014 09:20 AM|
|BSB 2013: Silverstone Race Results||NewsBot||Racing News||0||10-07-2013 06:20 AM|