MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #21
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Feedback Rating: (0)

sorry bout ur bike,hope u get an even better one soon or get urs back! never leave ur bike anywhere anytime in any houston apt or the movies or outside the pool hall or the club ect.... i would find a good 24hr storage park the car ride then jump back in the car, but even at a storage they steal them so keep it on the DL. I heard bout these dudes that would stick a bat in the front and back wheel and just throw it in a truck or push it round the corner and start it !! my friend walked in his house 10min and came out and the bike had the gas tank screws off and some wires hanging out . it only takes a min.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stolen bike joeburt1 Stolen Bike Reports 12 11-22-2014 04:45 PM
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
STOLEN BIKE!!! vmaxgirl Stolen Bike Reports 209 03-08-2010 03:24 PM
stolen bike norcalgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 08-08-2008 09:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #22
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
so sorry about it man.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #23
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimirez
So true, thinking I need to double check to make sure I have it.
Then leave it in a parking lot and hopefully it will disappear.

So sorry to hear about your bike. Did you file a police report? Hopefully you will luck out and it will be recovered.
werd... i just checked to see if i had theft.. i do.. and my keeps my bike in a garage...

sucks man, but theft insurance for about $20 bucks a month is worth it... especially with all the thefts happening...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM   #24
jayjay

Bike(s):
2005 zx6r

Dam thats sucks dude... I take no risks... my totalled one stays in my living room and my other one stays in my hallway :icon_bigg. Good luck with that
jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #25
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
Sometimes you just have to laugh, right?

BTW: wrong forum

its like when I fall really hard and it hurts like , and i know its going to hurt for a couple weeks. but i have to laugh at the fact that the happened at all. somehting like that.

and

+1
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Sometimes you just have to laugh, right?

I have had my shop broken into and my bike got stolen. The thieves, disconnect the power meter, cut the phone line, pried the steel back door open, cut the lock on the chain, cut the lock on the garage door, cut the lock on the gate. One of my precious is gone. NO Fukin insurance.:BangHead:

My point is doesn't matter how tight or good of your security, if they want your bike they will get it one way or another. Even if it kills YOU.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #27
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
:eh: gotta love Katrina
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Don't take life to seriously; no one gets out alive.
elemental2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #28
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2
Oooh be careful.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #29
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5

I have had my shop broken into and my bike got stolen. The thieves, disconnect the power meter, cut the phone line, pried the steel back door open, cut the lock on the chain, cut the lock on the garage door, cut the lock on the gate. One of my precious is gone. NO Fukin insurance.:BangHead:

My point is doesn't matter how tight or good of your security, if they want your bike they will get it one way or another. Even if it kills YOU.

Gawd ! With that kind of attention to detail and determination, they could be making some good money legally. :BangHead:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #30
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2

(HATE TO SAY IT THREAD)

There is a direct correlation between Katrina "victims" and crime, anyone disagree? The cop I live with (one of the few good ones) tells me all of the time about the percentages of people from Houston originally vs from New Orleans that are sitting in jail right now. It is disgusting. We shouldn't have to be careful, this city offered it's help in their time of need and they pay it back by taking Houston (and FEMA) for everything it has got to offer and some things it doesn't. There is no love or respect.

This one had it coming - This one found a vein
This one was an accident, but never gave me pain
This one was my fathers and This one you can't see
This one had me scared to death,
[U]But I guess I should be glad I'm not dead[/U]

Yes I am made of scars
That's what I'm made of!![/CENTER]
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #31
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
(HATE TO SAY IT THREAD)

There is a direct correlation between Katrina "victims" and crime, anyone disagree? The cop I live with (one of the few good ones) tells me all of the time about the percentages of people from Houston originally vs from New Orleans that are sitting in jail right now. It is disgusting. We shouldn't have to be careful, this city offered it's help in their time of need and they pay it back by taking Houston (and FEMA) for everything it has got to offer and some things it doesn't. There is no love or respect.
http://wizbangblog.com/2005/11/05/th...by-katrina.php
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #32
Yokee
Shorty :(

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
13' CBR250
05' ZX6R 636 (sold)
Aprilia RS80 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Yokee Send a message via MSN to Yokee
Sorry to hear that, good luck recovering it
Old 05-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #33
doc_zx10r

Bike(s):
2008 Black ZX10 (down payement w/ approval), 999S (Race only), 2006 Black ZX10R, 2004 NSR50 (my fav)

I would recommend LOJACK more than the Alarm. I have it on my Bikes and I even park mine in a garage. I've seen a few cases were a bike with LOJACK was stolen and then when the cops went to recover it, they found tons of other stolen bikes. IMO LOJACK and Theft Ins. is the best investment you can make to protect your bike.

The Pig Vomit out there that likes to steal what hard working people makes me sick. I'm sorry for your loss.
doc_zx10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #34
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Gawd ! With that kind of attention to detail and determination, they could be making some good money legally. :BangHead:
Tell me about it. Did I mention that they had to cut the fence to get in? That is a lot of work.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #35
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Bikes should come with lojack as a standard option.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #36
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

if they ever do ill be cause i had to pay for mine.

Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #37
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Thats a ufcken shame, sucks big hairy donkey ears for you my homie, once i get my bike i wanna see some low-life, good for nothin sorry excuse of a human to try to come to this side of town and try to pull that # on me, i guess it pays-off to stay next to some vato locos were they drink coronas til 5 in the mornin on any givin day playin spanish rancheras, now thats my protection, but once those would be crooks step foot in the property that is when the machetes come into play ....off with their heads and they mamas.....question: is it that eazy to hot-wire a bike??
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #38
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
Get a f*cking clue people....You leave your bike with $1000's of dollars in ebay body work just sitting around, outside, over nite at your apartment, or in you carport, IT'S GOING TO GET F*CKING JACKED!!..I assume you haven't figured it with the last 50 posted starting out with "OMG!! My -insert bike here- was stolen from [i]-name of apartment complex-[/]!!!!!!! Help!!!!"
Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #39
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zx10r
I would recommend LOJACK more than the Alarm. I have it on my Bikes and I even park mine in a garage. I've seen a few cases were a bike with LOJACK was stolen and then when the cops went to recover it, they found tons of other stolen bikes. IMO LOJACK and Theft Ins. is the best investment you can make to protect your bike.

The Pig Vomit out there that likes to steal what hard working people makes me sick. I'm sorry for your loss.
+1
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #40
Yagobg

Bike(s):
GSXR 600

Some Pics of the BIke

HI Guyz
Here are some pic of the bike ....
Thanks for the support
Attached Thumbnails