MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To Hung DMC Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 09-21-2013 11:24 AM
Hung bike stolen Hung Stolen Bike Reports 106 08-11-2012 11:45 AM
RIP William Hung CBRguyIZcool Off Topic 16 06-09-2009 11:57 AM
man this guy is hung.... Solracer Off Topic 38 09-09-2007 11:59 AM
When Motorcycle Engineers come in hung-overů Herf General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-06-2006 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #22
cychotic
Banned

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #23
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
100% rider fault, let alone the speed
no cager fault, in America at least if you open a door and someone hits you its 100% youre fault.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #24
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

I would have at least picked my bike up first.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #25
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Its not like they were in a parking lot. No designated parking lines marked so they were parking in a designated traffic lane. Would have to look up the rules on this. Still If I park on the street I look before I open my door you never know what is coming that will take you and your door off.
That's not the point here. The point is that he was riding in a lane that he shouldn't have been riding in to begin with. You need to familiarize yourself with the laws, buddy. Would you ride your car in the same lane where people park? Just because your motorcycle fits, doesn't mean it's legal for you to do that. Especially not here in Texas.

I don't know why you're jumping on RacerX, but he is right. This is completely the rider's fault. Granted, the driver should have looked at the window, but the rider should not have been riding in that lane.

That, my friend, is "sharing a lane".

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about you and the decisions you would make if you cannot see that the rider is at fault. Ride safe.

Last edited by tustah; 07-12-2013 at 10:33 AM.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #26
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tustah View Post
That's not the point here. The point is that he was riding in a lane that he shouldn't have been riding in to begin with. You need to familiarize yourself with the laws, buddy. Would you ride your car in the same lane where people park? Just because your motorcycle fits, doesn't mean it's legal for you to do that. Especially not here in Texas.

I don't know why you're jumping on RacerX, but he is right. This is completely the rider's fault. Granted, the driver should have looked at the window, but the rider should not have been riding in that lane.

That, my friend, is "sharing a lane".

Frankly, I'm a bit concerned about you and the decisions you would make if you cannot see that the rider is at fault. Ride safe.
You guys are fucken retarded ... yes I am for sure now. This did not happen here in the state of Texas so his sharing the lane most likely legal where he is. Just because I see someone do something doesnt mean I am stupid enough to follow suit. I know its hard to judge what a person is thinking on the internet but come on guys you gotta stop going with the "everyone on the internet is stupid". Now If I said I was going to run through downtown lane splitting like this fool was ... then by all means blast my but until then stick with the facts and you will be better off.

And unlike others I will stick to my guns and state the driver of the cage was a fucken idiot for not looking first. Everyone always complains cars dont look for bikes.. prime example. Could have been a bicycle courier or something they up by doing that . I saw the most obvious fail first and that is what I commented on. Now if this video was posted of a rider doing this in downtown Houston I would have pointed out his stupidity right along with it.

And as far as me and RacerX ... a good debate is what this guy needs. He aint crying about it so let the big boy answer for himself.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Not alot to say, you may learn one day
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #28
jsprunner

Experience: 3 years

Quote:
Again there you go again thinking you know me and what I think. Again you failed to answer a question I threw out there and tried to spin it with "oh you are just a new rider you will soon learn".

Well yes I am a new rider .. its posted on my little spot of info so lets get that out of the way and we dont have to point that out every time you think I am missing the point on something.

Again I still would have socked the (women excluded would have given a good rash of verbal abuse) for failing to check before they opened the door. Just because this may be an approved parking area on a busy street doesnt exclude you from being responsible for checking your surroundings before stepping out. Maybe the rider should have stayed in the flow of traffic .. see I am not oblivious to the factors that present here. Just because lane splitting in Texas is not legal doesnt mean it is not in other places. If this had a been a vehicle a little larger and they opened the door into oncoming traffic in the other lane I guess it would be the cars fault in moving traffic.. no the driver getting out need to fucken look before opening the door.

IMO in the things I have seen you respond to .. you pick the person with the worst outcome and place the blame on them while ignoring or failing to acknowledge the stupidity of the other party.
I'll be the first to admit I don't know you. I will only say that in every accident I read about (fatal or not), I always try to figure out if it could have been avoided in any way BY THE RIDER. Because it's a known fact that cagers really don't care about us, or sometimes even notice us, or our bikes. I personally don't expect that to change in my lifetime. As a result, we have to take full responsibility for outcomes simply because we are the going to be the loser in any collision with, well, just about anything.

This rider made an ASSUMPTION that nobody would ever be getting out
of their car (or running out between cars, or pulling out of a "parking space") as he rode in the shared right lane and sped around another vehicle to his left. He even assumed that the guy on his left would not swerve into him to the right to stop to pick someone up or snag his own parking space. That was the mistake IMHO. Can't assume anything about the surroundings you're riding in and you have to leave a way out.

Blaming the cager is pretty useless in most circumstances - especially if the outcome is worse than what he suffered. Unless you live to collect an insurance settlement, assessing blame or degrees of guilt is a waste of time. Anyone not trying to learn, or not trying to get better or safer should really stop riding.
jsprunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
"everyone on the internet is stupid"
Bonjour. If you're on a motorcycle and you don't protect yourself, you're stupid. Riding that close to parked cars is stupid
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #30
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprunner View Post
I'll be the first to admit I don't know you. I will only say that in every accident I read about (fatal or not), I always try to figure out if it could have been avoided in any way BY THE RIDER. Because it's a known fact that cagers really don't care about us, or sometimes even notice us, or our bikes. I personally don't expect that to change in my lifetime. As a result, we have to take full responsibility for outcomes simply because we are the going to be the loser in any collision with, well, just about anything.

This rider made an ASSUMPTION that nobody would ever be getting out
of their car (or running out between cars, or pulling out of a "parking space") as he rode in the shared right lane and sped around another vehicle to his left. He even assumed that the guy on his left would not swerve into him to the right to stop to pick someone up or snag his own parking space. That was the mistake IMHO. Can't assume anything about the surroundings you're riding in and you have to leave a way out.

Blaming the cager is pretty useless in most circumstances - especially if the outcome is worse than what he suffered. Unless you live to collect an insurance settlement, assessing blame or degrees of guilt is a waste of time. Anyone not trying to learn, or not trying to get better or safer should really stop riding.
Ding ding ding, give the man a quippy doll!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #31
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Not alot to say, you may learn one day
You still have not answered my question. Do you ever find a rider not at fault in a situation? It is a serious question .. not busting your .. really trying to understand your philosophy on life.

Since I have not met you I make the educated guess you are older .. at least upper 30's or more. I will be 37 in 2 weeks .. but I do know people older than me that live by "you are the only one who can take care of you". So basically no matter happens in any situation they will find themselves at fault for letting something happen that should not have. They take ownership because they feel they should have controlled the situation better.

I was like this before an accident that I had no control of over at work. Beat myself up over how I let myself get hurt .. well 4 yrs of beating myself up I finally had to let it go and move on with . I realized there was nothing I could have done different except stayed home that day. I could not control the other guys actions.

My philosophy has changed since then I guess. I do not ignore the facts of everything but I am more prone to point out the fault of people who trigger the set of events. When I saw the video ... I see the bike riding in a half lane ... had nothing happened I would have shook my head and said to myself "lucky .. I myself wouldnt try that ". But that is not what happened... we have a motorcycle while be it he did gas it right before the car door opened ... he was trying to get out of traffic I assume. When I saw the car door open first thing in my mind was "fucken didnt look before he opened the door" . The car by not doing what anyone should do whether the bike was there or not set off the accident by being careless. So that to me is what struck me the most.

Now I guess you see the video and think the motorcycle put himself in a bad situation to begin with so he is a fault no matter the circumstances. Well we at some point put ourselves in bad situations by taking chances be it on a bike or life itself. It still does not excuse others when they enter the equation and do something stupid that otherwise would not have been a factor.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #32
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprunner View Post
Unless you live to collect an insurance settlement, assessing blame or degrees of guilt is a waste of time. Anyone not trying to learn, or not trying to get better or safer should really stop riding.
Well I am lucky to walk and not be in a wheel chair for life by the actions of another person. Yeah I collected a settlement and so forth. It was a work accident not a bike accident.

You have not met me yet but those who have and that met me on rides know I am constantly asking questions. Most of the time it is something small and I am just letting my head get in the way but I did not jump on the bike assuming I was gonna ride it like a pro.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
brandontx

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

That was awesome! My favorite champ moment is the KTM who hits the deer and just gets up and rides off.

What's up with all the bickering? I swear this website is full of old women.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

my 2cents. I could crash once a week while commuting and it would not be my fault on paper but it's my job to not let the cagers get me. It's still this guys fault for letting himself get got ! Unless they did it on purpose.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #35
skelator
Just US Racing

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
That was awesome! My favorite champ moment is the KTM who hits the deer and just gets up and rides off.

What's up with all the bickering? I swear this website is full of old women.
x2
Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

You two guys combined make it a great day.

tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

When I look at a video like that, I try to learn what NOT to do. At the end of the day, getting your car door bashed in may not lands you in the hospital like the rider, but you day too is ruined for sure.

Just like the idiots that show up on Judge Wapner and Judge Judy, they always point fingers at each other, but invariably both parties got in the mess because they BOTH exercised bad judgment...

Regardless of which side the gavel came down on.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
green600
My PM box is a safe space

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
my 2cents. I could crash once a week while commuting and it would not be my fault on paper but it's my job to not let the cagers get me. It's still this guys fault for letting himself get got ! Unless they did it on purpose.
+1

sept if they did it on purpose still doesn't work for me
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #39
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

100% bikers fault
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #40
green600