MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #41
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

RIP
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPD responding to fatal wreck involving motorcycle in southeast Houston NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-20-2015 02:00 PM
Driver accused of fatal wreck appears in court NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 02-17-2014 05:10 PM
HCSO: Drunken driver caused fatal wreck NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-27-2013 08:30 AM
Motorcycle fatal wreck, 288 NB at Almeda LCLF Brain General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 03-05-2012 10:12 PM
motorcycle wreck last night witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-29-2008 02:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #42
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
So did you tell the adjuster it happened at the track?
Yes. They cover track incidents, as long as it was not a timed event.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #43
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Hmm....40+ years old, no helmet, wonder what kind of bike is this person riding? Cruiser, chopper, or street? Shouldn't be weaving with these type of big heavy bikes. Besides, if he was last in the group and chances are that his buddy won't know until they got to the meeting spot. Rider's error. RIP.
I don't think riding a sportbike vs a cruiser should determine how much, or if, you should weave. Even riding responsibly around this town is dangerous enough.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #44
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

I wouldnt condone it, but IMO weaving through traffic on lighter, better handling, quicker accerating, better braking sport bike CAN be safer than doing the same thing on a fatboy (if kept at reasonable speeds and distances). But what do I know, I don't even have a sport bike. :confused1

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #45
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
RIP brother...

There was a couple groups out there last night.

First off there were the guys for the HPD run. A lot of people that did not know one another riding together as a group. 30+ bikes on the seawall with a majority of sportbikes (maybe 5 cruisers). Not everyone was wearing gear.

Secondly there was quite a few groups of sportbike riders on the Island. Some knew one another but more along the lines of acquaintances.

Thirdly there was a group of cruiser guys/gals out at the Spot. Apparantly it was some deal they had as I overheard them talking to one another about making it to the next get-together as they were introducing one another. Most were drinking and of course no gear.

I went over the causeway about an hour before the accident. There was one large geoup of bikes ahead of me from the HPD event. I took Harborside instead of sitting in traffic. I tried to catch 'em but they were riding pretty quickly, so I just hung back and enjoyed the ride. One thing though all the traffic behind them was weaving and trying their best to keep up to them.

Riaz

SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC
I don't think riding a sportbike vs a cruiser should determine how much, or if, you should weave. Even riding responsibly around this town is dangerous enough.
If anyone gonna go fast and weave through traffic, it is best done on a lighter and more agile bikes. Cruiser are not weave friendly.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #47
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
If anyone gonna go fast and weave through traffic, it is best done on a lighter and more agile bikes. Cruiser are not weave friendly.
IDK.. i know someone with a harley that drags the pipes and foot pegs around the corners.. and his is FAST! not mentioning names.. but he is a member.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #48
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
IDK.. i know someone with a harley that drags the pipes and foot pegs around the corners.. and his is FAST! not mentioning names.. but he is a member.
I wouldn't be so proud thinking that I could drag pipes and pegs. It is easy to do that but it is not safe. One of these days, it will more than pipes and pegs he will be dragging.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #49
jus10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
that should tell you.....it's all rider!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #50
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #51
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Yep. That's what I was looking at.

20-29 went from 909 to 1041. 40-49 went from 359 to 971.

These stats were from '04. So at that rate 40+ could be the highest by now. :eh:
its prolly cause the younger u r the leaste likely u r to have a bike/ afford 1 as u get older better jobs more money thats how i see it.
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #52
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
its prolly cause the younger u r the leaste likely u r to have a bike/ afford 1 as u get older better jobs more money thats how i see it.
I agree with that.

Also, younger people tend to take more chances. Most have no spouse and kids to worry about. Driving experience could have something to do with it too. Someone who has been driving for 10 years can probably predict traffic and road conditions better than a new driver/rider.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #53
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
Missing: Naked SV650, FZ1, Night Hawk
Best Upgrade:Sv650 Suspension full credit (Motorcycles Unlimited)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
Yes. They cover track incidents, as long as it was not a timed event.
really? what insurance company? do they all cover you at the track as long as not doing a "timed event"

Details please

thanks.

And RIP to down brother
Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #54
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
RIP, I almost went out there too. Had my dads Fatboy for awhile.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #55
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
True.

Actually +40 on bikes of +1200cc have the highest fatality out of all age groups.
highest #'s cuz they are the largest group of riders.

riders aged 18-30 have the highest % of deaths.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #56
c0rey

Bike(s):
450x

Send a message via AIM to c0rey
man if thats true thats some bullshit
c0rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #57
c0rey

Bike(s):
450x

Send a message via AIM to c0rey
ok this was my friends family memeber and he tried to regester to the site but said he was having problems doing so this is what he has to say

Ok. Just to get the story straight. Charles or chuck is what I knew him by left galveston that evening with 2 other riders, his brother, and a good biker friend. His brother got off ahead of them somehow being as how there was traffic on the causeway, and then he got split from the other rider he was with also. From the police reports he was traveling at a high rate of speed, and knowing him personally he did ride fast occasionally, and he never wore a helmet, and now im kicking myself in the for never telling him to. It is doubtful that he was weaving in and out of traffic, but either way he did clip the rear end of a jeep and lost his life. These bikers have a rule that they always let each other know when they get home, after not getting and answers or phone call from charles hsi brother drove out there in his truck and walked up the causeway beause of traffic and just so happened his instict was right and it was a bike accident that turned out to be his brother. And now for the galveston county paper that printed this story, they are worthless, disrespectful pieces of imo...this paper was printed before his wife...my aunt was ever contacted by any authorites about her husbands fatal accident, which is so un ethical. But to say the least he died doing what he loved and he felt no pain which I am so glad for.
c0rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #58
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rey
ok this was my friends family memeber and he tried to regester to the site but said he was having problems doing so this is what he has to say

Ok. Just to get the story straight. Charles or chuck is what I knew him by left galveston that evening with 2 other riders, his brother, and a good biker friend. His brother got off ahead of them somehow being as how there was traffic on the causeway, and then he got split from the other rider he was with also. From the police reports he was traveling at a high rate of speed, and knowing him personally he did ride fast occasionally, and he never wore a helmet, and now im kicking myself in the for never telling him to. It is doubtful that he was weaving in and out of traffic, but either way he did clip the rear end of a jeep and lost his life. These bikers have a rule that they always let each other know when they get home, after not getting and answers or phone call from charles hsi brother drove out there in his truck and walked up the causeway beause of traffic and just so happened his instict was right and it was a bike accident that turned out to be his brother. And now for the galveston county paper that printed this story, they are worthless, disrespectful pieces of imo...this paper was printed before his wife...my aunt was ever contacted by any authorites about her husbands fatal accident, which is so un ethical. But to say the least he died doing what he loved and he felt no pain which I am so glad for.

my mom was the editor of said paper for a few years....:eh:

glad she's not there anymore
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #59
0gravity

Bike(s):
07 Gixxa 1 Thizzel!!

sad...sad

bobbin and weaving, ridin fast, without headgear...i'm guilty of this as well...
but you have to know your limitations and realize alot of people will turn in your lane, hit their brakes, open their doors, etc..claimin they didn't see u..."u were going to fast" is what they will always say

90% of the time I ride helmet and jacket but cause of the nice days we've been havin, its been shorts and a tank top, no helmet, no speeding...

It makes no diff...now i'm in gear 24/7 no matter what and I ride with whoever is down...that's why I bought this !

RIP....chuck!!
0gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #60
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
True.

Actually +40 on bikes of +1200cc have the highest fatality out of all age groups.
Thats cause it seems to be cool among the older crowd to drink and ride...

Not saying this guy was drunk but he chose to ride like he was so that happens. His friends still suck though from what the first post says!

R.I.P. though either way. Even though people bring it on themselves, it still sucks to hear another rider lost his life (his fault or not).

Last edited by Neversatisfied02; 02-26-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement