MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #41
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

when an exorbitant claim comes in like that and the insurance company has to bite it, they WILL not be losing money, they will just increase rates and pass it along to everyone else. If you KNOW that they have defrauded the company by billing for things NOT delivered....well that's illegal, unethical and plain old rotten. I can't believe you even need any kind of goading to report this. That is your policy/coverage they are taking from you!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local couple victim of tax fraud NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 02-08-2015 11:50 PM
Bryan man gets 14 years in prison for insurance fraud conspiracy NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 09-15-2014 05:10 PM
FBCSO: 3 arrested in undercover sting for insurance fraud scheme NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 07-22-2014 10:30 AM
Insurance fraud costing all of us $80 billion a year NewsBot Houston - Local News 0 06-09-2014 10:20 PM
Insurance Fraud.... dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 97 01-26-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #42
green600
My PM box is a safe space

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
when an exorbitant claim comes in like that and the insurance company has to bite it, they WILL not be losing money, they will just increase rates and pass it along to everyone else. If you KNOW that they have defrauded the company by billing for things NOT delivered....well that's illegal, unethical and plain old rotten. I can't believe you even need any kind of goading to report this. That is your policy/coverage they are taking from you!
I just called today about it after having my bike back for maybe two months. I had a suspension what they were going to do and looks like i am right. Just feel bad for the few good folks in the back that are doing the actual work. Not trying to take work from them or food off their table. That was my only hesitation...... yall have pretty much confirmed what i thought i wanted to do.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #43
Trish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

Chances are those "few good guys" there know or have an idea of what's going on as well... which unfortunately makes them just as guilty.

Hopefully the good guys get new jobs and aren't surrounded by next time.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #44
dc3843

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
I just called today about it after having my bike back for maybe two months. I had a suspension what they were going to do and looks like i am right. Just feel bad for the few good folks in the back that are doing the actual work. Not trying to take work from them or food off their table. That was my only hesitation...... yall have pretty much confirmed what i thought i wanted to do.
SO, like everyone else here has said, how about letting us know what shop it is so we dont support them and we dont get screwed? All this withholding the name stuff is horseshit. If the shop didnt want to get outted or trashed in public, they shouldnt have tried to screw you or the warranty company. Just tell us who it is already for sake
Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #45
FowleR6

I REALLY want to know what shop did this.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #46
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

while it would be 'nice' to know...until everything is...said and done, probably best to if OP remains silent for legal issues. Just keep in mind that he's stated DEALERSHIP
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #47
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Agreed on the karma and thats kind of why i just feel like saying it. In the end i had zero out of pocket, but it sure wasnt an easy road.
You had to pay for insurance, right? That came out of your pocket.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #48
green600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
while it would be 'nice' to know...until everything is...said and done, probably best to if OP remains silent for legal issues. Just
keep in mind that he's stated DEALERSHIP
Exactly

I should onow more today and want to confirm that was paid out. I would imagine it was since the person yesterday said that was the only claim in the system. They would lose the ability to do warranty work for Cornerstone.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #49
green600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You had to pay for insurance, right? That came out of your pocket.

True the plan was around 1,000.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #50
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Plus you were asked to come out of pocket. It would have been the same out of pocket if you didn't have the coverage. Just saying
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #51
green600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Plus you were asked to come out of pocket. It would have been the same out of pocket if you didn't have the coverage. Just saying
No way it would of been the same they only asked for 3,500 oop and engine rebuilds run 10,000+. Lol
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #52
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

That used motor they sold you was inflated in price and shipping charges. You could have gotten it cheaper on your own
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #53
green600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
That used motor they sold you was inflated in price and shipping charges. You could have gotten it cheaper on your own
I know there are cheaper ones out there. I was allowed to pick the motor and picked one from a RUNNING complete bike with 7,500 miles the seller had video posted online. Dealership found a few less expensive but not much less and milage was much higher and mostly wrecked bikes. I do appreciate the fact they let ME pick it after the GM at that location told me i could. They did stick to their word there.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #54
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

I really hope this dealership is not a sponsor. that would explain the anonymity of this dealership IMHO.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #55
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Would cornerstone have covered a used motor? They might have had to say they put in a new/rebuilt one in order to have it covered and/or not screw your future claims. Now the prices, they all seem rediculously high, but I don't know anything about them. And dealers are notoriously higher than independent shops to begin with. But you get "dealer service" and should be oem parts.
I guess what I'm saying is your complaint should be money based, not based on what parts you got. Cause you "requested" those parts.

Quote:
One thing i can say i learned out of this is Cornerstone extended warraty company is great, and have been wonderfull to work with. Way more helpfull then anyone at the dealership has been. Ive always been skeptical of extended warrantys and this was the first one i ever purchased, and well worth every penny. I would buy one again when i pick up my next bike from a different dealership. They never tried to give me the run around and phone support was amazing good people.
Good to hear, that's who mine is through... though (knock on wood), don't think it'll get used despite putting 30k miles on. It expires in 3 months. Peace of mind is good though.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #56
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

would you report insurance fraud at a local dealership?

If the dealership was charging me more than what I should have paid, then yes, I would report it.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #57
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

screw those guys

what side of town is it on?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #58
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Fwiw for future reference, if you have purchased an aftermarket warranty like Cornerstone, Pinnacle, etc. you do not necessarily have to have your bike serviced by where you bought the warranty.
I hope you get it all worked out.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #59
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Just got my renewal for auto insurance on my 2011 Honda CRZ (Sport Hybrid) and my wife's 2011 Honda Crosstour. Rate increase of $276 dollars a year. No accidents, no claims, no tickets, and clean driving records, both drivers over 35. Called to inquire why the rate increase and my agent told me that rates are going up accross the board for everyone, and fraud was one of the reasons. These insurance companies are going to recoup their money, and guess who they are going to recoup them from!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #60
green600

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Would cornerstone have covered a used motor?

They might have had to say they put in a new/rebuilt one in order to have it covered and/or not screw your future claims.

Now the prices, they all seem rediculously high, but I don't know anything about them. And dealers are notoriously higher than independent shops to begin with. But you get "dealer service" and should be oem parts.
I guess what I'm saying is your complaint should be money based, not based on what parts you got. Cause you "requested" those parts..
They told me they would cover a used motor when I spoke to the claims tech.

By billing the max payout on the bike repairs I can have no future claims on this bike through Cornerstone.

Their prices I have no problem with they can charge what they want, its their dealership. It's the how they billed the repairs I have the problem with. I am fully aware I requested a used motor. There is basically no difference in the rebuilt motor or used warranty wise neither cam with any type of warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
If the dealership was charging me more than what I should have paid, then yes, I would report it.
Whats more than should have? Their shop, their prices even though they are ridiculous it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
screw those guys

what side of town is it on?
It would almost be a dead give away if I said. I just want to confirm a few things before I say which dealership.
Closed Thread

Advertisement