MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








Warp 9

Does anyone have a set of warp 9 wheels on their bike with good or bad feed back?
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Warp Featuring BORC and SDRC grsa Off Topic 26 10-31-2013 07:58 AM
'Warp drive' may be more feasible than thought, scientists say Petro Off Topic 18 09-19-2012 09:00 PM
time warp apex Javi Stunters Lounge 5 06-22-2009 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,442

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrein05 View Post
Does anyone have a set of warp 9 wheels on their bike with good or bad feed back?
In for some information....
In the hunt for some SM wheels for the BRP. Ive read some bad stories on SMJ about warp9 and also in the same thread ppl defended them saying they are as good as DNA.
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
In for some information....
In the hunt for some SM wheels for the BRP. Ive read some bad stories on SMJ about warp9 and also in the same thread ppl defended them saying they are as good as DNA.
Bring on the information!
I would have got some DNA's but they don't make hubs for a xr 650r.
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,852

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






nothing breaks a myth like some testing!
__________________
Danny
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
nothing breaks a myth like some testing!
Yea, but I don't want to be left stranded on the south side of town because of a wheel, hub, or spoke problem........
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,442

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrein05 View Post
Yea, but I don't want to be left stranded on the south side of town because of a wheel, hub, or spoke problem........
Dan just bought some off of motostrano for his XR650R last week. He got them in but was injured in a hare scramble so it might be a few weeks till be get a report.
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
Ek
Senior Member
 
Ek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 1,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
KTM 125sx
TTR125 Mini Tard
Vino 125
Ktm 300sx






I have a set and have had them on some limited street time and one day at GSS. Fit and finish is good and I have had no problems yet. They look good on the WR.

Ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





I've heard alot of good reviews and alot of bad reviews. "They don't call them 'WARP' 9's for nothing". That been said, check out DNA rims/wheels. They are also inexpensive and I can't remember reading any bad reviews on SMJ or from anyone else in person. I've also been told that they are Ryan Moore's wheel of choice and he's tried them all.

That's what I went with on my bike and have been very happy with them so far. Seem to be great quality and i'll be putting them through over time so i'll be able to provide more of a review as time passes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek View Post
I have a set and have had them on some limited street time and one day at GSS. Fit and finish is good and I have had no problems yet. They look good on the WR.

Can you mount your factory disk and sprocket to Warp 9s hubs or are they a different bolt pattern than factory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I've heard alot of good reviews and alot of bad reviews. "They don't call them 'WARP' 9's for nothing". That been said, check out DNA rims/wheels. They are also inexpensive and I can't remember reading any bad reviews on SMJ or from anyone else in person. I've also been told that they are Ryan Moore's wheel of choice and he's tried them all.

That's what I went with on my bike and have been very happy with them so far. Seem to be great quality and i'll be putting them through over time so i'll be able to provide more of a review as time passes.
DNA does not make any hubs for the XR 650R, Chad tried allready.
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,442

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I've heard alot of good reviews and alot of bad reviews. "They don't call them 'WARP' 9's for nothing". That been said, check out DNA rims/wheels. They are also inexpensive and I can't remember reading any bad reviews on SMJ or from anyone else in person. I've also been told that they are Ryan Moore's wheel of choice and he's tried them all.

That's what I went with on my bike and have been very happy with them so far. Seem to be great quality and i'll be putting them through over time so i'll be able to provide more of a review as time passes.
DNA doesnt make wheels for the XR650R
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,417

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






We've had mixed results with them quality wise.
Sime have been real good and others had the weld seam where you could not get the wheel trued.
That said they always backed them up, but you're out the time of assembling amd truing them.
Imo just lace up a pair of Excel rims on your stock hubs and call it a day.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!




1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrein05 View Post
Can you mount your factory disk and sprocket to Warp 9s hubs or are they a different bolt pattern than factory?



DNA does not make any hubs for the XR 650R, Chad tried allready.
If you get bike specific wheels/hubs, the stock rotor should bolt right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
DNA doesnt make wheels for the XR650R
Ah, that sucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
We've had mixed results with them quality wise.
Sime have been real good and others had the weld seam where you could not get the wheel trued.
That said they always backed them up, but you're out the time of assembling amd truing them.
Imo just lace up a pair of Excel rims on your stock hubs and call it a day.
I would do that, but I want to be able to ride street one day and dirt the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
If you get bike specific wheels/hubs, the stock rotor should bolt right up.
Thats what I was thinking, but since Warp 9 provides sprockets and rotors I thought they might be useing a different bolt pattern to put a cheaper sprocket or rotor on and Id rather have a brand I can trust on my bike to stop and excelerate it.
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Mr F.
Throbbing Member
 
Mr F.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,096


Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am








stock hubs with a lace em yourself kit from procycle will always get my vote over warp9's or DNA wheels. The only thing (in my opinion of course) that is better than a pair of stock hubs with excel rims and buchanan's heavy duty spokes, is a pair of RAD billet hubs with excel rims and buchanan's heavy duty spokes.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,442

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage







This guy has warp9s
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
JGrein05
Senior Member
 
JGrein05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 1,787

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250X plated
04 CRF 50








cool picture
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy