MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Bridgestone R10 Review!

Halfway through the season, I decided to make somewhat of a bold move. I went with a tire that I had no seat time on and heard some not-so positive feedback from. After looking at the contingency payout from what was my current tire: Dunlop in comparison to the new to me tire; Bridgestone, it seemed like an easy decision to make. Let's face it, the Bridgestones are easier on the wallet and payout more. I threw the idea around pre-season but didn't have the huevos to start the change at round one. Well, I wish I would have. I can't say that I was a complete stranger to Bridgestones, I have gone through a few sets of their previous race tire, the BT-003. It was the first full on race tire I ever rode on so I have a soft spot for it The rear would slide out some on me, but I don't mind the bike stepping out. I'm going to mention Dunlops throughout my review since it is the tire I've had the most seat time on and most of you have ridden them as well.

Let's start with the front tire. The front really impressed me on the first go round. Coming from Dunlops, I really prefer the feel of this tire, the level of grip is excellent. It gives great feedback and I really feel what the front is doing now. I remember vividly when I first put this tire to the test. It was during a race at Cresson, about two laps to go and I was battling with an expert to try and put him between me and the guy behind me. I had a great run on the straight away and I was side by side with G. Gonzalez going into little bend. I was on the outside and I wasn't going to let him outbreak me....well... I was wrong on that one. I hit the brakes super late and he did as well, I was at a lean angle where I knew the front was going to tuck.....I was out on the marbles, way off the line trying to outbreak him and it never did let go. It stuck in there and never slipped. From then on I knew this tire was a serious contender. I've run a few trackdays and races on the same front and it still has life left. I've yet to wear out a front yet so I'm unsure if it can come close to matching the ridiculously long lifespan of an N-Tec front.

Now on the rear. I've had the best luck so far with the hard compound. When I get on the gas the tire has a bit of flex during the initial bite, while giving great drive. I would say that my style is on the aggressive side from transition to maintenance throttle to WOT. I'm impressed with the level of grip the tire has, I'm not backing off my throttle application any from coming from Dunlops. Now I will say it doesn't last as long as say a Dunlop-UK-NTec, there is no doubt about that. A for sure positive is that the tire remains predictable even when it's going off. When I compare grip, I notice very little difference between the Bridgestone and my previous Dunlops. This could be the cause of many reasons, could be my riding style, bike setup and so on.

Even though my first trip to Hallett was cut short by mechanical failure, I did set a new P.B. on this tire. I'm hoping to do the same at the last round and beat my P.B. at World. Stay tuned!!

Please keep in mind I'm not in a contract with any tire provider, I can say this is my honest opinion of this product. Wether you're a trackday guy or racer, I would give this tire a shot. If you have any questions about my experience with the tire, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

-Will